No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that a driver shouldn't have to have won a race to make the Chase. The scenario is unlikely, but what if the points leader going into the Chase hadn't won a race. The most consistent driver would be elimated? No way is that fair.

And expanding the Chase to the top 15 is nothing but the Dale Jr. rule. I do kinda like the idea of elimination races in the Chase however. The drivers that barely make the Chase never really compete for the title anyway.

Comment

• I think a higher importance on winning is a good thing. Outsiders to the sport shake their head in disbelief that someone can win a championship with out winning at least one race.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• Time for Nascar to fill the void that is Broncoless right now.
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          Time for Nascar to fill the void that is Broncoless right now.
          Perfect name for this thread!

sigpic

Comment

• Wow, I'm going to have to catch up on this thread tomorrow.

Right now, I'm sad. One of my main drivers (Truck Series) is without a ride.

Boo, Randy Moss Motorsports.

I am excited to see what a local person can do in NASCAR. Keep an eye out for Travis Pastrana.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              Wow, I'm going to have to catch up on this thread tomorrow.

Right now, I'm sad. One of my main drivers (Truck Series) is without a ride.

Boo, Randy Moss Motorsports.

I am excited to see what a local person can do in NASCAR. Keep an eye out for Travis Pastrana.
              Yeah, I heard that, it sucks. Don't worry though, Skinner will be in another ride sooner than later.

Comment

• NASCAR has made official the anticipated changes to how drivers are selected for the Chase and to the points system.

The Chase will be comprised of the top ten drivers in points after the 26th race plus the two drivers with the most wins not in the top ten. They must be in the top twenty. If one or two winning drivers are not available, the next one or two in points go in.

The points system to be used in 2011 will award 43 points to the winner and drop one point per position with 43rd place receiving one point. Bonus points for leading a lap are one and leading the most laps one. Winning the race pays a bonus of three points.

Comment

• Hey! for anyone interested in joining a fantasy Nascar group i just posted this thread: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=183584

It's extremely fun and definitely adds more excitement to every race!

any questions/concerns just PM me
                  sigpic
                  Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

• Originally posted by SyxxSynse View Post
                    NASCAR has made official the anticipated changes to how drivers are selected for the Chase and to the points system.

The Chase will be comprised of the top ten drivers in points after the 26th race plus the two drivers with the most wins not in the top ten. They must be in the top twenty. If one or two winning drivers are not available, the next one or two in points go in.

The points system to be used in 2011 will award 43 points to the winner and drop one point per position with 43rd place receiving one point. Bonus points for leading a lap are one and leading the most laps one. Winning the race pays a bonus of three points.
                    I'm really not sure what I think of the new points....feels awfully formula one to me, it'll for sure reward consitant finishes it'll be easy to lose points IMO but not very easy to gain them.

This could hurt Johnson if he has another one of those years where he barely does anthing meaninful for half the season and then starts showing up late in the season.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Less then two weeks till the Great American Race.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        I'm really not sure what I think of the new points....feels awfully formula one to me, it'll for sure reward consitant finishes it'll be easy to lose points IMO but not very easy to gain them.

This could hurt Johnson if he has another one of those years where he barely does anthing meaninful for half the season and then starts showing up late in the season.
                        I don't mind the points change although i feel the winner should be awarded a bit more.

And Jimmie Johnson under this new point system would have won last year anyways. Not sure about the other seasons though.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I hope my boys, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Carl Edwards, all have a great year.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            I hope my boys, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Carl Edwards, all have a great year.
                            I'm rooting for Kyle Bush and Denny Hamlin this year...and of course whoever is on my fantasy team for the week lol
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
                              I'm rooting for Kyle Bush and Denny Hamlin this year...and of course whoever is on my fantasy team for the week lol
                              I just wish they did not drive Toyotas.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                                I just wish they did not drive Toyotas.
                                Agreed! i don't like the Toyotas either. But i like kyle cuz he is widely hated and reminds me of ricky bobby lol. And Denny Hamlin is just simply put, a good race car driver
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X