NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    A person is strapped in a car. Another person comes over and starts to hit said person strapped in a car. A person that is not in a position to defend himself.

Who's the wussy little punk?

And, I guess you and I saw different things going on on the track. I saw Harvick give Busch the first shot in the back and wouldn't get off of him.

I guess it depends on which driver we like on who we think is wrong or right.

Happy birthday, Labonte!

He's been good at Dover in the past. With this new ride, I think he could be good again.

Congrats to Regan Smith and team! A one-car-team can still do it!!
    I watched it again since watching it in the heat of the moment and harvick instigated much of that (but I still feel Busch is a little chicken....who cares if he's strapped in ect... Busch was wearing a helmet, what was he really worried that harvick was going to do? Break his hand on his helmet? I doubt Harvick would have done anything more than yell at him a lot had he not seen Busch starting to peel off)

My biggest thing is by driving off like that he could have put people in danger, that car took off out of control and had there been someone standing in a way it would have really hurt someone (possibly even killed) Driving off like that was a very bad move. I probably wouldn't have had as big of an issue with him backing up once harvick got out of the car and pulling around.

Oh well it added some intrest to the race and I actually enjoy the hands off approach that nascars been taking lettin the drivers duke it out it'll make for an interesting race next week.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      I watched it again since watching it in the heat of the moment and harvick instigated much of that (but I still feel Busch is a little chicken....who cares if he's strapped in ect... Busch was wearing a helmet, what was he really worried that harvick was going to do? Break his hand on his helmet? I doubt Harvick would have done anything more than yell at him a lot had he not seen Busch starting to peel off)

My biggest thing is by driving off like that he could have put people in danger, that car took off out of control and had there been someone standing in a way it would have really hurt someone (possibly even killed) Driving off like that was a very bad move. I probably wouldn't have had as big of an issue with him backing up once harvick got out of the car and pulling around.
      I disagree with your first paragraph. I'm a peaceful person, but I would not sit there and let someone go after me. Harvick has a rep of swinging at other drivers.

Agree with the second. Even though I think I understand why he did it, Busch could have hurt someone. I would be disappointed if NASCAR doesn't hit him with a big-time fine (points/money/probation).

I think Harvick should get fined, too.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        I disagree with your first paragraph. I'm a peaceful person, but I would not sit there and let someone go after me. Harvick has a rep of swinging at other drivers.

Agree with the second. Even though I think I understand why he did it, Busch could have hurt someone. I would be disappointed if NASCAR doesn't hit him with a big-time fine (points/money/probation).

I think Harvick should get fined, too.
        Yea it'd be unfair to fine one and not the other but the thing about it is if they do fine them it kinds of goes against what they said they were going to do (let the boys have at it)

I think Busch deserves a fine for putting Harvicks driverless car into the wall but you can't fine him and not fine harvick for taking a swing at him (though I don't have a beef with that, sometimes the best way to solve a problem between to drivers is just let them duke it out ) Though I know from your previous statements you'd disagree with that and I get that, I don't think your wrong I just enjoy the driver drama and miss the good ole days when you'd see a fist fight in the infield.
        sigpic

Comment

• "These penalties are a result of what occurred on pit road after the race was over,"

I guess they can be aggressive on the track, but not on pit road. I think that's a good call. They were both wrong.

Harvick -Busch fined, probation: per a Kevin Harvick tweet: "4 weeks probation and $25,000 fine....I understand because of the car on pit road.." And from ESPN.com: Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch were placed on four weeks' probation and fined $25,000 Tuesday for their pit road confrontation following Saturday night's Sprint Cup race at Darlington Raceway. Harvick tweeted about his penalty and officials from Kevin Harvick Inc. confirmed the punishment Tuesday.
          AND NASCAR has penalized NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick as a result of rules infractions committed at last weekend's event at Darlington Raceway. Busch, driver of the #18 car, and Harvick, driver of the #29 car, have each been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events until June 15 for violating Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing  involved in an altercation on pit road after the conclusion of the race). "These penalties are a result of what occurred on pit road after the race was over," said Kerry Tharp, senior director for communications, competition. "They are about maintaining a safe environment on pit road."(NASCAR)(5-10-2011)
          Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• On the Harvick/Busch ordeal, I think the penalties were steep so this is very, VERY frowned upon. Someone could get hurt at best, killed at worst.

Smoke was just on Nascar Now talking about the annual "Prelude to a Dream" race. This year they are letting small business owners register, and if Smoke wins, they'll donate 1 million bucks to the winner of the small business entry.

In addition to that, this is a great race and lots of money gets made for charity. Good for these guys, and good for Tony.

I just wish he'd win a race this year.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              On the Harvick/Busch ordeal, I think the penalties were steep so this is very, VERY frowned upon. Someone could get hurt at best, killed at worst.

Smoke was just on Nascar Now talking about the annual "Prelude to a Dream" race. This year they are letting small business owners register, and if Smoke wins, they'll donate 1 million bucks to the winner of the small business entry.

In addition to that, this is a great race and lots of money gets made for charity. Good for these guys, and good for Tony.

I just wish he'd win a race this year.
              I hope Tony wins.

I hope Tony wins.

Okay. That wasn't funny. Well, I thought it was, but that's because I'm tired.

I thought today's Truck race was going to be a little boring without my main driver, but it sure wasn't.

I forgot my camera this morning (we were still in the driveway). Told hubby, I had to have it so that I could take pictures of Kyle doing his burnout.

If I get the pictures loaded in the next couple of days, I'll post a couple.

I love Dover. It's such a great track.
              Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• If they want to see some passing, they need to keep the camera on Kyle.
                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• Congrats to Edwards on winning the All Star Race.
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Kyle Busch was sighted for doing 128MPH in a 45MPH Zone.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      Kyle Busch was sighted for doing 128MPH in a 45MPH Zone.
                      He said he was testing a new sportscar.

The untold story was he thought he saw Kevin Harvick behind him and decided to run away

Another indication of how boneheaded and wreckless Busch can be....
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        He said he was testing a new sportscar.

The untold story was he thought he saw Kevin Harvick behind him and decided to run away

Another indication of how boneheaded and wreckless Busch can be....
                        I have tried to respect him, but he keeps pulling stuff like this.

sigpic

Comment

• Well once again Mark Martin gets wrecked while driving the grocery getter that Hendrick is putting on the track now. Can't wait till he gets off this sinking ship, hopefully to Red Bull Racing
                          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                            Well once again Mark Martin gets wrecked while driving the grocery getter that Hendrick is putting on the track now. Can't wait till he gets off this sinking ship, hopefully to Red Bull Racing
                            I know he's your driver and I mean no offense but just like my driver (labonte) I don't think the car is the issue, Martin needs to get his rocking chair back from fox and use it this time he's the Brett Favre of Nascar. (though I will admit for an old man he's still racing better than half the men his age I wish Bobby still could drive a car that well or at least finish on the lead lap)

On another Hendrick related note, I'm getting massively tired of people making comments like "hard to win a race when you got no talent" when refering to Dale Jr, if his last name wasn't Earnhardt people would be talking about he's had a successful career but since he's Dale Jr since he doesn't already have 7 championships he's just not a talented driver....

News flash!! He's not his father (few not named Jimmie Johnson have as much talent as his dad did) It's time to stop using his dad to messure his success and realize that for his career (411 races) he has 18 wins 93 top 5's 156 top 10's 49 dnf's and average start of 16.8 and average finish of 16.5

As a comparison lets toss Bobby Labonte (a championship driver) out there
                            630 career races 21 wins 115 top 5's 200 top 10's 93 dnf's average start 19.4 average finish 19.2

How about Matt Kenseth? 20 wins 105 top 5's 194 top 10's 38 dnf's average start 19.9 average finish 14.9

I think it's stupid because people never say crap like that kenseth doesn't have talent or that he's not good enough yet Dale Jr who puts up similar numbers (and has a championship) never gets crap....

I wish people would start messuring Jr off his own merits instead of talking about how he doesn't live up to his fathers legacy...
                            sigpic

Comment

• I think Little Dale is racing on his name and that's about it.

sigpic

Comment

• Kyle Busch, Richard Childress involved in physical confrontation after Sat. NASCAR Truck Series race
                                He needs to be suspended for the rest of the season for all three series. Then maybe he will get his head on right.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X