NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    He needs to be suspended for the rest of the season for all three series. Then maybe he will get his head on right.
    To go into a bit more (awesome) detail

http://www.nascar.com/news/110604/rc...Fdps%2Fkybusch

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- NASCAR is looking into reports of an altercation between team owner Richard Childress and owner/driver Kyle Busch, NASCAR officials confirmed Saturday.

Details were sketchy, but the altercation reportedly occurred after Saturday's Camping World Truck Series race at Kansas Speedway, won by Clint Bowyer, who drives for Childress in the Sprint Cup Series.

Pit reporter Ray Dunlap posted the following on his Twitter account after the race: "Hot news from the track. Grandpa Childress put a whipping on Kyle Busch in the Truck garage. Look for big sun glasses on kubu sun."

(Dunlap actually meant "KyBu," the twitter shorthand for Kyle Busch. "KuBu" refers to brother Kurt Busch.)

Later, Jeff Gluck of SB Nation reported, "Kyle Busch was put into a headlock and punched several times by famed team owner Richard Childress before falling to the ground, according to several people with direct knowledge of an altercation ..."

Busch finished sixth in his No. 18 Toyota after racing hard for fifth against RCR driver Joey Coulter, who passed Busch for the position on the final lap. After the checkered flag, Busch drove up beside Coulter and bumped the No. 22 truck.

Bill Janitz, a spokesman for Busch, told The Associated Press in an email that "there won't be any comment tonight." A phone message left for Richard Childress Racing seeking comment was not immediately returned.

Busch is on probation for all NASCAR events through June 15, the result of a post-race, pit-road confrontation between Busch and Kevin Harvick at Darlington.
    Bout time someone did this, it's all the more awesome that childress is the one to do it The part about the headlock and hitting him again makes it all the better!
    sigpic

Comment

• Love RC.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

Love RC.
        I don't. And, it has nothing to do with me liking Kyle. Can you guys say the same with your dislike of him?

You know how many people give a little bump like that? Happens a lot.
        During a caution, during the race, after the race.

For Childress to go physical on anyone for something like that, is uncalled for, IMO. I don't care if it's "old school".

Apparently, as of now, NASCAR doesn't think Kyle did anything wrong.

If I was Kyle? I'd press assault charges on RC. But, he's nicer than I am.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Peanut. Yes I can. I called output. Edwards last year for his actions. I lost a ton of respect for him because of his actions. I do not let my allegiances color how I view someones actions.

sigpic

Comment

• Childress did what he did not because of a little donut on the side of the a truck, but for alot of things going back a while. Saturday was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Comment

• Childress fined $150,000, but he still wins...

Comment

• Jeff Gordon!!

sigpic

Comment

• Jeff Gordon has tied Darrell Waltrip and Bobby Allison for third most alltime in series wins.

sigpic

Comment

• Kyle Busch docked 6 pts (car failed post-race inspection at Pocono); now 31 pts behind Carl Edwards

sigpic

Comment

• 2012 HOF Class

Cale Yalborough 3x Cup Champ
                      Darrell Waltrip 3x Cup Champ 84 Wins
                      Dale Inman 193 wins and 8 Cups Crew Chief
                      Richie Evans 8 Consecutive Modified Series Champs 9 Total
                      Glenn Wood Owner

sigpic

Comment

• Red Bull is leaving NASCAR.

sigpic

Comment

Red Bull is leaving NASCAR.
                          where did you see that ?
                          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Anyone else notice how freaking boring racing's got this year?

I had to turn away from the race this week to watch golf because that was more exciting that nascar.....

Hope they figure out how to make it enjoyable again, I'm not sure what it's missing at this point but it's becoming a snore fest.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                              where did you see that ?
                              On ESPN NASCAR Now.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                Anyone else notice how freaking boring racing's got this year?

I had to turn away from the race this week to watch golf because that was more exciting that nascar.....

Hope they figure out how to make it enjoyable again, I'm not sure what it's missing at this point but it's becoming a snore fest.
                                Yeah i agree, & i really hate how they have started racing at Daytona & Talledega, stupid 2 car hookup, i want pack racing back.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X