NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Anyone else notice how freaking boring racing's got this year?

I had to turn away from the race this week to watch golf because that was more exciting that nascar.....

Hope they figure out how to make it enjoyable again, I'm not sure what it's missing at this point but it's becoming a snore fest.
    It's because they've lawyered the hell out of the rules and the sport. Points mean everything, and NASCAR's answer to any infraction, small or large, on the track or off the track is to start taking points.

No one wants to get into it any more, no one wants to mix it up.

Everyone wants to keep their heads down and drive so they don't get penalized.

Nascar has sucked the fun out of NASCAR. It's slowly happening in the NFL too.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      It's because they've lawyered the hell out of the rules and the sport. Points mean everything, and NASCAR's answer to any infraction, small or large, on the track or off the track is to start taking points.

No one wants to get into it any more, no one wants to mix it up.

Everyone wants to keep their heads down and drive so they don't get penalized.

Nascar has sucked the fun out of NASCAR. It's slowly happening in the NFL too.
      I'm not so sure about not getting into it anymore, did you see Stewart & Vickers at Sonoma on Sunday? I wasn't exactly pleased to see that because stewart is who i root for, but he had it coming & should not have wrecked vickers to begin with.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        I'm not so sure about not getting into it anymore, did you see Stewart & Vickers at Sonoma on Sunday? I wasn't exactly pleased to see that because stewart is who i root for, but he had it coming & should not have wrecked vickers to begin with.
        Well, that's just Smoke. He, Kurt, and Kevin will always be those kind of guys.

Smoke did have it coming. I think he's starting to vent some frustration.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Well, that's just Smoke. He, Kurt, and Kevin will always be those kind of guys.

Smoke did have it coming. I think he's starting to vent some frustration.
          I agree, it's been a rough year for him, had a chance to win at least 3 or 4 races already & if something could go wrong it has, i'm getting frustrated as well.

And yeah harvick won't take anything from anybody, but smoke has been too complacent lately, hopefully this sparks some fire in him.
          sigpic

Comment

• What a wild & crazy finish last night but hey that's Daytona for ya. And good deal for David Ragan, glad he finally got his first win out of the way.
            sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Little Dale sure went off after the race.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                  Little Dale sure went off after the race.
                  I can't blame him, he does not like that stlye of racing & i don't really care for it either, it just don't even look right.
                  sigpic

Comment

I can't blame him, he does not like that stlye of racing & i don't really care for it either, it just don't even look right.
                    They've ruined restrictor plate racing....I am happy for Ragan but Nascar is just killing the sport....
                    sigpic

Comment

• went to the race. i actually like it better with the pairing than when there was just two long rows of cars. the lead changes and excitement is definitely there. Junior is just a baby who isnt very good. i loved his dad, but his son is pathetic. i am normally not into bashing athletes but he hasnt proven a thing in nascar as yet everyone cares what he thinks. how bout he improves, then he can have an opinion
                      I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                      I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                      I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                      "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                      God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                      Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• Did anyone else laugh at Dale Jr?

I was thinking that maybe he was getting back some fundamentals and relearning the race, and might have some instinct take over...

...but that just proved he was the same spoiled little brat he's always been.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• I'm calling it right now, tomorrow night at kentucky there's gonna be smoke rising & he's gonna put a beatdown on the field.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm calling it right now, tomorrow night at kentucky there's gonna be smoke rising & he's gonna put a beatdown on the field.
                            Do you mean Stewart?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                              Do you mean Stewart?
                              Yeah tomorrow is his night, he looked really good in practice
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah tomorrow is his night, he looked really good in practice
                                CP on it? Smoke v The Field.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X