NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    The problem I have with her is right now she is all sizzle and no steak. The only reason she gets the ammount of attention she does is 99.95% based on her looks. She has only won one race in the Indy Car series and that was more of an exabition then a "real" race. I also dislike her "Go Daddy" commericals. They are in bad taste. Is she a beautiful woman? Yes. I think she rides on that more then what she does behind the wheel.

Let's be honest if she looked like Ed Asner in drag she would not be a household name.
    For what it's worth in 2010 she started 13 Nationwide races & had no top 5 or top 10 finishes with an average fininsh of 28.

Compare that to 2011 she has 6 starts & has 1 top 5 & 3 top 10's with an average finish of 14.6.

That is some major improvemnet & i think she will eventually have a shot to win, there are some open wheel stars who tried to jump to NASCAR & failed like Sam Hornish, Patrick Carpentier. So the way she's approaching it is the proper way, she is slowly working into it, not just trying to jump right in.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      For what it's worth in 2010 she started 13 Nationwide races & had no top 5 or top 10 finishes with an average fininsh of 28.

Compare that to 2011 she has 6 starts & has 1 top 5 & 3 top 10's with an average finish of 14.6.

That is some major improvemnet & i think she will eventually have a shot to win, there are some open wheel stars who tried to jump to NASCAR & failed like Sam Hornish, Patrick Carpentier. So the way she's approaching it is the proper way, she is slowly working into it, not just trying to jump right in.
      How many drivers in the Nationwide Series with an avarage finish of 14 would the average American know?
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

How many drivers in the Nationwide Series with an avarage finish of 14 would the average American know?
        Are you trying to imply that's not good? Because it is an average of all the races combined & just so you know my man Stewart has an average fininsh of 14.7 this year in cup, you have heard of that guy right???
        Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 08-18-2011, 02:17 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Ok so i did a little searching and since you think nobody would know here is a list

Brad Keselowski - 20 starts - avg. fininsh 11.3
          Kevin Harvick - 10 starts - avg. fininsh 13
          Trevor Bayne - 18 starts - avg. finish 14
          Clint Boywer - 5 starts - avg. finish 15.6

These are all Natonwide stats.
          sigpic

Comment

• Wow!! So i back up my point with some cold hard facts & that's the end of the discussion? Ok got it :thumb: I see how things are.
            sigpic

Comment

Ok so i did a little searching and since you think nobody would know here is a list

Brad Keselowski - 20 starts - avg. fininsh 11.3
              Kevin Harvick - 10 starts - avg. fininsh 13
              Trevor Bayne - 18 starts - avg. finish 14
              Clint Boywer - 5 starts - avg. finish 15.6

These are all Natonwide stats.
              Thank you for proving my point. Everyone of the drivers have won "real" races on the Cup level. That is why most race fans know them. I have been a race fan for decades and I had no idea who Bayne was till he won the Daytona. Same with Keslowski, I did not know about him till he almost killed Carl Edwards.

The avarage American, that does not follow racing, could not yell you who Regan Smith or Trevor Bane are, and the have won Cup races.

sigpic

Comment

Are you trying to imply that's not good? Because it is an average of all the races combined & just so you know my man Stewart has an average fininsh of 14.7 this year in cup, you have heard of that guy right???
                Not in the slightest. Where on earth did you get that? What I said was that the average American does not know that many racing names. The ones that they know have won multipul races.

sigpic

Comment

I was thinking maybe that's what you meant but wasn't sure. So what other tracks have you been to? We have gone to Ricmond, Bristol, Martinsville, Pocono (not a good race to attend) & Las Vegas, I suppose Dover is the only one in the area we have missed & would have been next but just can't afford it right now.

And i'm curious as to what exactly it is you don't care for with Danica, yes i know the hype & coverage of her is through the roof but lets' face it, she is after all a female in a predominatley all male sport & i think that she doesn't do half bad.
                  Dover, multiple times. Richmond, once and Pocono twice. I like Pocono. Where we sat, we could almost see the whole track. It's so much bigger than Dover.

Patrick---I guess I'm a little more critical of females going into male dominated sports. She's a good driver, yes. I just wish she concentrated on that. Leave the bikini shots and the suggestive Go Daddy ads out. Yes, I know the guys do it, but, when a female wants to be taken seriously and wants to play with the big boys, I think it would have been better if she hadn't done those things.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

Two (?) years ago, when she first started seriously looking into getting into NASCAR, she wanted to go straight into Cup. She thought she was good enough and didn't want to bother with the feeder system. She stated that. My guess is that Jr and Stewart had some talks with her.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Thank you for proving my point. Everyone of the drivers have won "real" races on the Cup level. That is why most race fans know them. I have been a race fan for decades and I had no idea who Bayne was till he won the Daytona. Same with Keslowski, I did not know about him till he almost killed Carl Edwards.

The avarage American, that does not follow racing, could not yell you who Regan Smith or Trevor Bane are, and the have won Cup races.
                    Real races? What exactly is a real race? Nationwide races are not real? You do realize that's where alot of these drivers cut there teeth & get there start.

As for that second part there in bold, you lost me because i would not expect somebody who does not follow nascar to know most names not just the ones you mention, so i'm not sure where you are going with that one, but if we are talking about avgerage nascar fan, yes you know these names.

For example: To the point as you put it average american who doesn't follow nascar, if i asked who Matt Kenseth is who would know? But he has won the cup championship. So you see i'm not understanding your point, if you don't follow nascar you won't know hardly anybody but if you do follow nascar you will know who is who, i sure know who all these drivers are.

One other point i'd like to make is winning is not everything at least for some to be recognized. Take Joey Logano for example, he was given the nickname "the greatest thing since sliced bread" & he was the next big star & was gonna do this & do that & everybody knew who he was, yet in nearly 3 years he has 1 win & that came in a rain shortend race. So i guess it goes both ways.
                    Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 08-19-2011, 08:59 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Real races? What exactly is a real race? Nationwide races are not real? You do realize that's where alot of these drivers cut there teeth & get there start.

As for that second part there in bold, you lost me because i would not expect somebody who does not follow nascar to know most names not just the ones you mention, so i'm not sure where you are going with that one, but if we are talking about avgerage nascar fan, yes you know these names.

For example: To the point as you put it average american who doesn't follow nascar, if i asked who Matt Kenseth is who would know? But he has won the cup championship. So you see i'm not understanding your point, if you don't follow nascar you won't know hardly anybody but if you do follow nascar you will know who is who, i sure know who all these drivers are.

One other point i'd like to make is winning is not everything at least for some to be recognized. Take Joey Logano for example, he was given the nickname "the greatest thing since sliced bread" & he was the next big star & was gonna do this & do that & everybody knew who he was, yet in nearly 3 years he has 1 win & that came in a rain shortend race. So i guess it goes both ways.
                      The only thing you said that aplies to what I am talking about it that you missed my point. First, I was NOT saying Nationwide races are not real. I was talking about Danica lone win. While it was a "race" the Twin Rings in Japan is moslty filled with rookies to get in to Indy Car.

My whole point is that Danica is over hyped. Once again the avarage American has no clue who, as you said, Kenesth is, but they know who Danica is. I would much rather deivers that have won races be known as drivers. That is my point. Is it clear? She has gotten where she because of her looks more then because of driving. The worst thing is she is seemingly ok with this. To me she is model that races in her spear time, not a race r that does the occasional photo shoot.

To yout point about winning, my Uncle has been a head since the 50's, and follows racing. He thinks she has won MULIPUL races when she is at best middle of the packer. Your point about Joey does not fit. Prior to his win how many knew who he was? How many know who Danica is? Remember we are talking avarage none racing fans.

sigpic

Comment

The only thing you said that aplies to what I am talking about it that you missed my point. First, I was NOT saying Nationwide races are not real. I was talking about Danica lone win. While it was a "race" the Twin Rings in Japan is moslty filled with rookies to get in to Indy Car.

My whole point is that Danica is over hyped. Once again the avarage American has no clue who, as you said, Kenesth is, but they know who Danica is. I would much rather deivers that have won races be known as drivers. That is my point. Is it clear? She has gotten where she because of her looks more then because of driving. The worst thing is she is seemingly ok with this. To me she is model that races in her spear time, not a race r that does the occasional photo shoot.

To yout point about winning, my Uncle has been a head since the 50's, and follows racing. He thinks she has won MULIPUL races when she is at best middle of the packer. Your point about Joey does not fit. Prior to his win how many knew who he was? How many know who Danica is? Remember we are talking avarage none racing fans.
                        Ok fair enough i think we were just misunderstanding each other on some points, except the bolded part. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree at this point.

Only reason i say that is you can't just put anybody in a race car & have the same results. I know Danica has not run at the front in Indy car but ask yourself this, could you or i or millions of other people for that matter get in the car & run with her, i seriously doubt it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok fair enough i think we were just misunderstanding each other on some points, except the bolded part. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree at this point.

Only reason i say that is you can't just put anybody in a race car & have the same results. I know Danica has not run at the front in Indy car but ask yourself this, could you or i or millions of other people for that matter get in the car & run with her, i seriously doubt it.
                          That's why I used the word "more" in that sentence. Yes she has to have have skill to race and finish where she does. She just trades more on her looks then her driving.

sigpic

Comment

• With 50 wins Kyle Busch is now th time Series leader.

sigpic

Comment

• Jeff Gordon wins in Atlanta and moves into third place all time with 85 wins.

sigpic

Comment

Jeff Gordon wins in Atlanta and moves into third place all time with 85 wins.
                                Anyone else getting the feeling that come end of the year Jimmie Johnson won't be the only "five time" in nascar? Jeff's getting on a hot streak when it counts most and his 3 wins will put him (I believe) in the points lead after richmond.

On a side note I love Clint Bowyers nickname for Juan Pablo "the Jackass" Montoya, great stuff. I really don't think there is anyone in the nascar garage that likes him (I know a guy that works on the team of a kid that occasionally drives in the truck series and he says Montoya and Hamlin are the two least friendly people in the garage)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X