No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Bowyer wins at Dega passing teammate Burton with a few hundred yards to the finish. My man Carl now has a 14 point lead over teammate Kenseth with 4 races left.
    sigpic

Comment

• 1. Edwards - went in with a 5 point lead & now leads by 14
      2. Kenseth - was -7 before & now is -14 so he lost -4 points
      3. Keselowski - was -25 before & now is -18 so he gained +7 points
      4. Stewart - was -24 before & now is -19 so he gained +5 points
      5. Harvick - was -5 before & now is -26 so he lost -21 points
      6. Kyle Busch - was -18 before & now is -40 so he lost -22 points
      7. Johnson - was -35 before & now is -50 so he lost -15 points
      8. Kurt Busch - was -27 before & now is -52 so he lost -25 points
      9. Earnhart Jr. - was -60 before & now is -74 so he lost -14 points
      10.Gordon - was -66 before & now is -82 so he lost -16 points
      11.Hamlin - was -86 before & now is -84 so he gained +2 points
      12.Newman - was -61 before & now is -88 so he lost -27 points

So there it is, before Talladega we had 8 drivers within 35 points & with a legitiment shot & after we now have 5 drivers within 26 points & the rest are 40 or more back & IMO out of it. Kyle at -40 would be an outside chance but after him forget about it.

Talladega separated the field more than bring it together with 8 drivers losing points & only 3 gaining & 1 of the 3 was hamlin & he is out of it, so really only Keselowski & Smoke had a good day.

I think it's going to be one heck of a finish & if i had to pick the champ, i'm sticking with my man Smoke, but it's anybodys to win unless Edwards runs in the top 3 from here on out & i just don't see that, especialy at Martinsville, he's never been very good there.
      sigpic

Comment

• Edit above post, Kenseth lost -7 points & not -4
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          1. Edwards - went in with a 5 point lead & now leads by 14
          2. Kenseth - was -7 before & now is -14 so he lost -4 points
          3. Keselowski - was -25 before & now is -18 so he gained +7 points
          4. Stewart - was -24 before & now is -19 so he gained +5 points
          5. Harvick - was -5 before & now is -26 so he lost -21 points
          6. Kyle Busch - was -18 before & now is -40 so he lost -22 points
          7. Johnson - was -35 before & now is -50 so he lost -15 points
          8. Kurt Busch - was -27 before & now is -52 so he lost -25 points
          9. Earnhart Jr. - was -60 before & now is -74 so he lost -14 points
          10.Gordon - was -66 before & now is -82 so he lost -16 points
          11.Hamlin - was -86 before & now is -84 so he gained +2 points
          12.Newman - was -61 before & now is -88 so he lost -27 points

So there it is, before Talladega we had 8 drivers within 35 points & with a legitiment shot & after we now have 5 drivers within 26 points & the rest are 40 or more back & IMO out of it. Kyle at -40 would be an outside chance but after him forget about it.

Talladega separated the field more than bring it together with 8 drivers losing points & only 3 gaining & 1 of the 3 was hamlin & he is out of it, so really only Keselowski & Smoke had a good day.

I think it's going to be one heck of a finish & if i had to pick the champ, i'm sticking with my man Smoke, but it's anybodys to win unless Edwards runs in the top 3 from here on out & i just don't see that, especialy at Martinsville, he's never been very good there.
          Ill be happy if Carl gets a top 15 at Martinsville. Then the last 3 races at Texas, Phoenix, and Homestead he is really strong at. Especially Phoenix where he should of won there in the spring until Kyle took him out .
          sigpic

Comment

• Smoke won.
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

Comment

• It's down to a 8 point lead & smoke was asked in the post race interview how he felt about that & he said "he better be worried" referring to Edwards.

Go get em Smoke! :thumb:
              sigpic

Comment

It's down to a 8 point lead & smoke was asked in the post race interview how he felt about that & he said "he better be worried" referring to Edwards.

Go get em Smoke! :thumb:
                Go Cousin Carl! This is gonna be an exciting battle between Smoke and Carl. Good luck!
                sigpic

Comment

• Kyle Busch has been parked for the weekend following his actions in the truck race.

http://www.nascar.com/news/111105/ky...xas/index.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Kyle Busch has been parked for the weekend following his actions in the truck race.

http://www.nascar.com/news/111105/ky...xas/index.html
                    Doesn't surprise me. Since they did it to Harvick (and the Harvicks "reminded" everyone), I knew they'd do it to Busch. I disagree with the call, though. What happens in Trucks should stay in Trucks. It shouldn't carry over to another series (yeah, I know. It's all NASCAR).

I understand Busch's frustration and the feud between the Harvick camp and his, but when he did that, I'm yelling, That was stupid, Kyle!
                    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I agree with the decision to ban him. Grow up and realize you could've killed someone.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Doesn't surprise me. Since they did it to Harvick (and the Harvicks "reminded" everyone), I knew they'd do it to Busch. I disagree with the call, though. What happens in Trucks should stay in Trucks. It shouldn't carry over to another series (yeah, I know. It's all NASCAR).

I understand Busch's frustration and the feud between the Harvick camp and his, but when he did that, I'm yelling, That was stupid, Kyle!
                        The problem with that part is he took Ron Hornaday out of contention for the championship & what did Busch lose? Absolutely nothing, so i agree with the decision totally & maybe they should just sit him for the last cup races as well.

The kid has all the talent in the world but he needs to get his temper in check or else he's gonna wind up out of the sport all together if his actions don't change.

I'm also very intersted to see what Joe Gibbs decides to do with him because i think Gibbs is going to have some sort of punishment of his own besides what NASCAR did & it's probably the only way Kyle is ever going to get it in his thick head that he has to change.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Sorry Peanut, but I disagree. The punishment should extend to all series. Just like in baseball if a Minor Leaguer is suspended he cannot be called up till his suspension is over. Also the drivers do not leave what happens in the truck series stay in the trucks. Look at Brad and Carl. If the drivers carry over ill fieelings NASCAR has to carry over punishment.

I agree with PA. I think he should have been shut down for the rest of the year. You cannot have drivers intentionally wrecking other cars. It is not safe. If for any reason gor NASCAR to do this would be to swnd a very loud and clear message to all drivers. Especially in the wake of what happened to Dan Weldon.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            Sorry Peanut, but I disagree. The punishment should extend to all series. Just like in baseball if a Minor Leaguer is suspended he cannot be called up till his suspension is over. Also the drivers do not leave what happens in the truck series stay in the trucks. Look at Brad and Carl. If the drivers carry over ill fieelings NASCAR has to carry over punishment.

I agree with PA. I think he should have been shut down for the rest of the year. You cannot have drivers intentionally wrecking other cars. It is not safe. If for any reason gor NASCAR to do this would be to swnd a very loud and clear message to all drivers. Especially in the wake of what happened to Dan Weldon.
                            That's cool. I really didn't think anyone would agree with me.

If they parked every driver that intentionally wrecked another driver, they wouldn't be able to field 43 cars.

Granted, most of them didn't do it as blatantly and stupidly as Kyle did.
                            Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Congrays to Tony Stewart.

sigpic

Comment

• WOW!! That's about all i can say right now, i have never seen such a strecth like this when the title is on the line.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X