No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God I love the smack talk Tony's throwing out there. This may end up being the most exciting finish to a chase since it's inception.
    sigpic

Comment

• Results

1. Kahne
      2. Edwards
      3. Stewart
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• "I'd wreck my Mom to win a championship. I'd wreck your Mom to win a championship."

--Smoke
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Well this is it, it all comes down to one final race between 2 drivers seperated by 3 points. In years past there were always the clinching scenarios that would guarantee a championship. For Stewart & Edwards there is but 1 scenario that will guarantee either of them winning the cup & that is simply winning the race.

I don't know if it's ever been this close going into the final race where winning is the only sure way of being champ. It should be an awesome showdown as both have been running so strong & i just hope it comes down to the best man winning by beating the other racing & not because of an accident or a flat tire or engine failure or any other fluke thing.

May the best man win! Go get em Smoke
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            "I'd wreck my Mom to win a championship. I'd wreck your Mom to win a championship."

--Smoke
            Isnt that what happened to Kyle??

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              Well this is it, it all comes down to one final race between 2 drivers seperated by 3 points. In years past there were always the clinching scenarios that would guarantee a championship. For Stewart & Edwards there is but 1 scenario that will guarantee either of them winning the cup & that is simply winning the race.

I don't know if it's ever been this close going into the final race where winning is the only sure way of being champ. It should be an awesome showdown as both have been running so strong & i just hope it comes down to the best man winning by beating the other racing & not because of an accident or a flat tire or engine failure or any other fluke thing.

May the best man win! Go get em Smoke
              My boy Edwards has a slight advantage. He needs to lead atleaat one lap and finish ahead of Smoke and he "should" be golden.

I know the chases are slim to none, but what of the are tied in points? Does it come down to wins as a tie breaker?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                My boy Edwards has a slight advantage. He needs to lead atleaat one lap and finish ahead of Smoke and he "should" be golden.

I know the chases are slim to none, but what of the are tied in points? Does it come down to wins as a tie breaker?
                Yes, if they end up tied then the tie breaker is who has the most wins so Stewart would be champ. And actually i don't think the chances of it happening are all that slim, all they have to do is finish 3 positions apart if neither leads a lap or i give you another scenairo.

If stewart wins the race but edwards finished 2nd & leads the most laps it would be a tie, because stewart would receive 47 points & edwards would receive 44.

I think the bottom line if they end up tied is stewart would have earned it with his 4 chase wins while edwards has none. In fact i'll go as far to say if edwards wins by a point or two then the system is flawed because they preach about making wins count & putting more of an emphasis on winning but they very well could have a situation where one guy wins 4 races & the other none but he does not win the cup.

To me if your gonna preach about rewarding wins then do it & not just talk about it, stewart had one bad finish of 25th at Dover & has been amazing in the rest of the races & there is no way a guy who wins 4 times but has 1 bad finish should not end up champ.
                sigpic

Comment

• Edwards is on the pole with Stewart in 15th.

sigpic

Comment

Edwards is on the pole with Stewart in 15th.
                    Don't worry about smoke, he will be up front before long & he has always had a saying - it don't pay anything to qualify but to finish. :thumb:
                    sigpic

Comment

• Well tomorrows the day my man Cousin Carl gets his first Cup!

Go get em' Carl!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• CP bet guys? I'll take Carl.

sigpic

Comment

CP bet guys? I'll take Carl.
                          Alright, i'll take the bait. I mean how can i not? This is it, it's all on the line & may the best man win.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                            Alright, i'll take the bait. I mean how can i not? This is it, it's all on the line & may the best man win.
                            I'm In. It will be exciting. Good thing I won't have to switch back and forth between the game and the race this Sunday. lol
                            sigpic

Comment

• Betting is closed. Let's go racing!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Congrats to Smoke.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X