No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I CPed both of you. Race was to good not too.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Looks like they have to update that Mobel 1 commerical.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
        I CPed both of you. Race was to good not too.
        I agree, i gave cp to both of you also as it indeed was an incredible race by both of them & they did end up tied in points but tony has the edge with all his wins.

Carl should be proud of the battle he & tony put on for everybody to witness. I have never seen anything like that in my life, it was so intense & my heart was literally pounding out of my chest those last 30 laps.

Tony was just so determined & looked like a man on a mission, especially when he had the problems early in the race & went back to 40th but he drove like a man possessed & he had his mind made up that he was winning the race & it was the only way he was going to win the title.

Good job to both of them. :thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

• Congrats to Tony and team.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• What a great finish, on the one hand I feel bad for Carl for coming so close on the other hand I love this championship. Tony Stewart talked big since the chase started and he backed it up on the track. Great finish to a great season!!
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              What a great finish, on the one hand I feel bad for Carl for coming so close on the other hand I love this championship. Tony Stewart talked big since the chase started and he backed it up on the track. Great finish to a great season!!
              Try being a Carl fan...
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                I agree, i gave cp to both of you also as it indeed was an incredible race by both of them & they did end up tied in points but tony has the edge with all his wins.

Carl should be proud of the battle he & tony put on for everybody to witness. I have never seen anything like that in my life, it was so intense & my heart was literally pounding out of my chest those last 30 laps.

Tony was just so determined & looked like a man on a mission, especially when he had the problems early in the race & went back to 40th but he drove like a man possessed & he had his mind made up that he was winning the race & it was the only way he was going to win the title.

Good job to both of them. :thumb:
                What amazed me is we talked about a tie last night. What is more amazing is after 10 months and countless laps if either of them finished one spot higher or lower in any race, or lead a lap in a race the did not lead this year it would be completly different.

I am glad it was not rained out reguardless of if it would change the results.

ESPN and NASCAR have to be happy with how it ended. How are the going to top this? The past six years have escalated in drama from Jimmie winning number 1 to back to back, tying Junior Johnson, passing him and winning five in a row. I hope we all have enjoyed the histroy we have witnessed. It will never happen again.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
                  Try being a Carl fan...
                  I understand bro, I'm a Labonte fan and he came super close to beating Dale Sr one year and I was pissed....Carls young he'll get one in a year or two.
                  sigpic

Comment

Try being a Carl fan...
                    Carl will get his, he has been on the brink & it will come & i know it's difficult being so close but coming up short but there should be no shame whatsoever because carl just got beat by arguably one of the greatest racers of all time.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      I understand bro, I'm a Labonte fan and he came super close to beating Dale Sr one year and I was pissed....Carls young he'll get one in a year or two.
                      I used to be a Bobby fan too. He won it in 2000. Unless you mean Terry lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Carl will get his, he has been on the brink & it will come & i know it's difficult being so close but coming up short but there should be no shame whatsoever because carl just got beat by arguably one of the greatest racers of all time.
                        I do not know if I would go that far. He is a very good driver but I would put Petty, Jimmie, Gordon, Earnhardt, DW, Junior Johnson, Andretti, The Unser family, Foyt, Rick Mears, and Schumacher ahead of him.

sigpic

Comment

I used to be a Bobby fan too. He won it in 2000. Unless you mean Terry lol
                          I know but the year before that (I think) he was battling with Dale Sr
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            I do not know if I would go that far. He is a very good driver but I would put Petty, Jimmie, Gordon, Earnhardt, DW, Junior Johnson, Andretti, The Unser family, Foyt, Rick Mears, and Schumacher ahead of him.
                            Whoa Whoa Whoa!! Tony is now a 3 time nascar champ under 2 different formats with 2 different crew chiefs. He can & has won on every track imaginable to mankind & to be specific 7 wins on road courses which takes a hell of alot more skill than ovals, outside jeff how many have those others won on the road course?

He also is an IRL champion along with an IROC champion & a USAC Triple crown champ. How many drivers can make this claim?

I'm sorry man but his record speaks for itself & he is in fact one of the greatest racers ever
                            sigpic

Comment

Whoa Whoa Whoa!! Tony is now a 3 time nascar champ under 2 different formats with 2 different crew chiefs. He can & has won on every track imaginable to mankind & to be specific 7 wins on road courses which takes a hell of alot more skill than ovals, outside jeff how many have those others won on the road course?

He also is an IRL champion along with an IROC champion & a USAC Triple crown champ. How many drivers can make this claim?

I'm sorry man but his record speaks for itself & he is in fact one of the greatest racers ever
                              Ok, wow. I know you are a Skome fan so you may not look at this with objective eyes. Let's look at the drivers I postes records and stats. In the intereat of full discloser I am a fan of Jeff, Jimmie, The Unsers and the Andrettis.

Richard Petty
                              200 Cup Series wins.
                              7 Cups (Serveral under different rules) 1964, 1967, 1971, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1979
                              7 Daytona 500 wins.
                              712 Top Tens
                              127 Poles.
                              27 wins in 1962 with 10 in a row.
                              Inaugural class of the NASCAR HOF 2010.
                              Inaugural class of the Motorsports HOF
                              International Motor Sports HOF 1990.

Dale Earnhardt
                              76 wins
                              Daytona 500 Champion
                              7x Cup Champion 1980, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994.
                              4x IROC Champion 1990, 1995, 1999, 2000
                              1995 Brickyard 400
                              Inaugural class of the NASCAR HOF 2010
                              Motor Sports HOF 2002
                              International Motorsports HOF 2006
                              Three time Allstar Race winner III, VI, IX

Mario Andretti
                              Formula 1 Champion 1978
                              12 Formula 1 wins
                              Placed second at the 24 Hours of Le Mans
                              4x Indy Car Champion (3 under USAC 1 under Cart)
                              IROC Champion VI
                              First to win the Daytona 500 (1967) and Indy 500 (1969)
                              ONLY driver to win a F1 Championship Daytona, and Indy
                              Last American to win a F1 race (1978)
                              109 Major Race Course wins
                              ONLY Driver to win United States Driver of the Year in three decades (1967, 1978, 1984)
                              One of three drivers to win on Road, Ovals and Dirt in the same season.
                              FIRST to win an Indy Car race in four decades
                              FIRST to win races in FIVE different Decades.
                              Three USAC road course wins in 1973 and four in 1974
                              2000 International Motorsports HOF
                              1996 National Spritcar HOF
                              RACER Magizine Driver of the Century
                              Associated Press Driver of the Century
                              1990 Motorsports HOF
                              1974 USAC Dirt Track Champion
                              1972 24 Hours at Daytona
                              Three time 12 Hours of Sebring Champion (1967, 1970, 1972)

I am posting on my phone I will be posting this is stages.

sigpic

Comment

• Michael Schumacher
                                Seven time F1 Champion (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004) Most All Time
                                Five Championships in a row (All time leader)
                                91 F1 wins (All Time Leader)
                                7 Consecutive wins 2004 (Most all Time)
                                Wins in a season 12 (Most All Time) 72% of the season
                                5 Wins at Monza (Most All Time)
                                Wins with one team 72 (Ferrari)
                                22 Different Grand Prix won (Most All Time)
                                15 years with at least one win (Most All Time)
                                15 Consecutive years with a win (Most All Time)
                                5 Wins at the indianapolis Motor Speedway (Most All Time in ANY type of race there)
                                In 2002 he became the first F1 driver to finish in the top three in EVERY race that season.
                                According to F1.com he is " statistically the greatest driver the sport has ever seen.
                                Turns at Nurburbring (Turns 8 and 9) The Schumacher S
                                On April 30, 2010he was awarded the Officer of French Legion of Honor

This is a breif listing of these drivers accomplishments. No objective person would put Tony above them. I will get to the other drivers later. Smoke is a very good if not great race driver, but he is not better then the people I listed.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X