No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
      To help keep this thread alive I will be post poc of the great cars, drivers, tracks in NASCAR history.
      I will be here to help keep it going & i haven't forgotten about making a list of the top drivers both present & past, i just haven't had alot of time to think about it.

By the way south, did you see it's official that Darrian Grubb is out as tony's crew chief & steve addington is in. I was really shocked he let him go, even though they said the decision was made about 6 weeks before the final race.

I know it was a rough year up until the chase got started but man did darrian make some gutsy calls in a couple of those 5 wins they had & they really did turn it up on the 1.5 mile tracks, so i'm a little bummed by the decision.
      sigpic

Comment

• I'm gonna drive real fast, then im gonna turn left.
        I really like Cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          I will be here to help keep it going & i haven't forgotten about making a list of the top drivers both present & past, i just haven't had alot of time to think about it.

By the way south, did you see it's official that Darrian Grubb is out as tony's crew chief & steve addington is in. I was really shocked he let him go, even though they said the decision was made about 6 weeks before the final race.

I know it was a rough year up until the chase got started but man did darrian make some gutsy calls in a couple of those 5 wins they had & they really did turn it up on the 1.5 mile tracks, so i'm a little bummed by the decision.
          I did not see that. I am suprised that Stewart/Haas would get of the current Championship winning Crew chief.

I know you will be posting/ talking in here. I am just wanting to find ways to post when we are not talking.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I was hoping that Tony was playing a joke on him and Grubb would end up getting a promotion.

Props to Grubb for not bailing on Tony, knowing he was going to be out of a job.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  I was hoping that Tony was playing a joke on him and Grubb would end up getting a promotion.

Props to Grubb for not bailing on Tony, knowing he was going to be out of a job.
                  I completey agree.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah i was hoping he would reconsider the decision after winning the championship but i guess tony had already made his mind up.

It had to be very difficlut for darrian knowing that he was going to be done. I can't imagine the emotions he must have been going through with that in mind. You really got to give him alot of credit for how he handled the whole situation with class & i think it was very courageous of him.

Funny thing is i was saying back in the middle of the year that he needed replaced because how poorly they were running but then they hit on something especially at the 1.5 mile tracks & they were on fire, so i was starting to have faith in darrian & with that performance in the chase, 5 wins in 10 races & the title, i figured he would stay but i guess there was no turning back.

I wish darrian the best of luck wherever he ends up because he really was a class act & you know it had to be difficult at times to work for somebody like tony.

On a side note, it will be stewart's 3rd crew chief now & i was wondering if anybody has ever won the cup with 3 different crew chiefs before? I know there have been others that have done it with 2 but has it ever been done with 3?
                    Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 12-01-2011, 03:49 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah i was hoping he would reconsider the decision after winning the championship but i guess tony had already made his mind up.

It had to be very difficlut for darrian knowing that he was going to be done. I can't imagine the emotions he must have been going through with that in mind. You really got to give him alot of credit for how he handled the whole situation with class & i think it was very courageous of him.

Funny thing is i was saying back in the middle of the year that he needed replaced because how poorly they were running but then they hit on something especially at the 1.5 mile tracks & they were on fire, so i was starting to have faith in darrian & with that performance in the chase, 5 wins in 10 races & the title, i figured he would stay but i guess there was no turning back.

I wish darrian the best of luck wherever he ends up because he really was a class act & you know it had to be difficult at times to work for somebody like tony.

On a side note, it will be stewart's 3rd crew chief now & i was wondering if anybody has ever won the cup with 3 different crew chiefs before? I know there have been others that have done it with 2 but has it ever been done with 3?
                      I do not think it has happened before. The lost of three time winners, or more, is not that long. We can eliminate Gordon, Petty and Johnson.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                        I'm gonna drive real fast, then im gonna turn left.
                        I really hate when people say stuff like this ^ about nascar.

How about you try to get in to a stock car and go 190+ mph into a 35 degree banked turn and see how you do. You'll be in the wall on the first turn of the fist lap.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post

How about you try to get in to a stock car and go 190+ mph into a 35 degree banked turn and see how you do. You'll be in the wall on the first turn of the fist lap.
                          Don't forget the 120+ Temperature and G Forces. I think KNOW that anybody that has this opnion would wet thier pants and cry for Mommy if they did a ride along let alone try to be behind the wheel.

sigpic

Comment

• I
                            Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post

I did alright in my buddies car up at Erie, been a long time though(no wall) you should get in a car yourself sometime it's a blast, and I think you should watch more Southpark.
                            Last edited by darth-hideous; 12-01-2011, 10:10 PM.
                            I really like Cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post

I think maybe he was joking?

I hear NASCAR fans joke like that all the time.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I think maybe he was joking?

I hear NASCAR fans joke like that all the time.
                                I don't really think he's joking.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X