Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Be jealous!!!

    Last edited by kingelway7; 02-20-2012, 12:27 PM.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche


    sigpic

    Comment


    • I have an extra ticket to the 500 if anyone wanted to go. Im willing to let it go for pretty much 1/2 price
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche


      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
        What I got from the shootout is there is most likely going to be a couple "Big Ones" in the 500, which I'm not happy about. Hopefully the drivers get it figured out by next Sunday.
        Everytime NASCAR fixes something, another problem arises. Now it seems that just about everytime you tap someone on the left rear going into a turn, you're gonna send the person spinning. The cars are really dancing around. I called most of the wrecks Saturday night before they happened. You could just tell a wreck was just waiting to happen.

        The Shootout finished with what, 9 cars on the lead lap? If things continue into the 500 how they did during the Shootout, the 500 is gonna turn into a 5 hour race because of so many cautions and will only have 17 or so cars on the lead lap at the end...
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche


        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
          Be jealous!!!

          I am!

          Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
          I have an extra ticket to the 500 if anyone wanted to go. Im willing to let it go for pretty much 1/2 price
          I would if I could.

          Have fun and post some pictures if you can.
          Administrator

          Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

          Lupus Awareness

          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
            Everytime NASCAR fixes something, another problem arises. Now it seems that just about everytime you tap someone on the left rear going into a turn, you're gonna send the person spinning. The cars are really dancing around. I called most of the wrecks Saturday night before they happened. You could just tell a wreck was just waiting to happen.

            The Shootout finished with what, 9 cars on the lead lap? If things continue into the 500 how they did during the Shootout, the 500 is gonna turn into a 5 hour race because of so many cautions and will only have 17 or so cars on the lead lap at the end...
            The 500 will be just fine, this is how racing at Daytona & Talladega was for so many years until they figured out that stupid two car hookup that just looked wierd & was very boring to watch.

            Yes when you are 2 & 3 wide 10 & 12 rows deep there are gonna be wrecks & they are gonna be big wrecks, hence where the term "The Big One" came from when racing at these tracks but they got away from that the last couple of years & IMO it sucked watching 2 cars hooked together & is much more exciting to watch pack racing.

            Yeah you can rest assured there in all likelihood will be at least 1 perhaps 2 big wrecks on Sunday & they will be big, i have seen wrecks involving more than 20 cars in a single wreck but that's just how it is & how it always was at restrictor plate racing until recent years when they figured something new out. But the fans didn't like it & NASCAR listened to the fans for once & did something about it to get back to what everyone was used to.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • In just pray everyone is safe in the "Big Ones".
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

              Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                In just pray everyone is safe in the "Big Ones".
                Ever since the death of Earnhardt, the safety has greatly improved and continues to improve. Just look at the wreck that Jeff Gordon had on Saturday night. He was totally unharmed in any way. Not even a scratch on him. Maybe some dizziness from flipping around and upside down so many times but thats it.

                The drivers bodies are so constricted now that unless a safety device malfunctions, I dont see a driver suffering anything worse than maybe a broken bone or two in an arm/hand or a leg/foot in a wreck (not taking into account a fire).

                One of the new safety things that were implemented starting this year is that drivers are positioned 6 inches more to the right towards the center of the car. I know 6 inches may not seem like much, but when you're talking about being involved in a wreck like Gordon was Saturday night, those extra 6 inches farther away from the outside window of the car, thats alot.
                Denver Broncos
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks
                Colorado Avalanche


                sigpic

                Comment


                • Anyone else excited for the duels today? I know I am!! Expecially after yesterdays practice and how quick Labonte was! Here's to hoping he can be there at the end again this year like he was last year (except this year with someone pushing him!)
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Chalk up another Daytona win for Smoke, i believe that gives him 17 overall in his career counting Nationwide Series.

                    Now if only he can get the monkey off his back & finally win the big one, the 500. He has won anything & everything at daytona but the great american race & this will be his 14th attempt, could it be a sign? 14th attempt in the #14 car, could it be his time?

                    God i hope he can get it done this time, let's get it done smoke!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Jr got hosed. He was coming like a freight train on that last lap. He got a heck of a shot coming outta turn 2 and was gonna pass Stewart for the win. You could see it. But unfortunately Danica wrecked which caused the caution to come out and end the race. Thank goodness DP was alright. That was kinda scary, as I even "braced for impact". If it wasn't for the safer barriers, DP may not have been walking away from that wreck with any significant injuries.

                      I can't wait for the 500 on Sunday. Though Ive been to the Bud Shootout and the 400 multiple time over the past 11 years, I have been to the 500 since 2002. It's gonna be an all day event. Although I only like 5 miles away, Im leaving early and getting to the track at around 9 AM.

                      If I remember to take my camera, I'll try to remember to post some pics. Don't know how great pics would be though as the car will be going by at 200 MPH.
                      Denver Broncos
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks
                      Colorado Avalanche


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • This will be a nice distraction.
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                        Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                          Jr got hosed. He was coming like a freight train on that last lap. He got a heck of a shot coming outta turn 2 and was gonna pass Stewart for the win. You could see it. But unfortunately Danica wrecked which caused the caution to come out and end the race. Thank goodness DP was alright. That was kinda scary, as I even "braced for impact". If it wasn't for the safer barriers, DP may not have been walking away from that wreck with any significant injuries.

                          I can't wait for the 500 on Sunday. Though Ive been to the Bud Shootout and the 400 multiple time over the past 11 years, I have been to the 500 since 2002. It's gonna be an all day event. Although I only like 5 miles away, Im leaving early and getting to the track at around 9 AM.

                          If I remember to take my camera, I'll try to remember to post some pics. Don't know how great pics would be though as the car will be going by at 200 MPH.
                          I usually take my pictures during cautions or pit stops. It's still hard, but more doable.
                          Administrator

                          Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                          Lupus Awareness

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • Duels were great. Sorry to see Kenny Wallace miss the race, after seeing that special Speed Channel did, I was really pulling for him. Hopefully Nascar fixes the overheating or the cars will be blown up by halfway.
                            sigpic

                            2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              Duels were great. Sorry to see Kenny Wallace miss the race, after seeing that special Speed Channel did, I was really pulling for him. Hopefully Nascar fixes the overheating or the cars will be blown up by halfway.
                              I'm excited that Mcdowell made it though. It's cool seeing a K-Love sponsered race car in the Daytona 500 (expecially since it appears he'll be competitive)
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • I checked the forecast yesterday morning to see what it said for Sunday and it was High of 75, 35% chance of rain.

                                Checked the forecast this morning to see what it said for Sunday and it said High of 72, 50% chance of thunderstorms!!!

                                This is central FL where the forecast is ever changing and the rain stops and starts on a dime at any given moment but still dont like the current forecast for 50% chance of thunderstorms.

                                Thankfully the race is supposed to start at 1 PM, so in the event of rain, the race is able to be delayed for a good 3-4 hours or so if need be. I know the last thing NASCAR would wanna do is move the race to Monday, especially when next week they are going 2,500 miles away cross country to Pheonix...not to mention the 100's (maybe a few 1,000) of people who'd probably miss the race due to not being able to stay an extra day.
                                Denver Broncos
                                New York Yankees
                                New York Knicks
                                Colorado Avalanche


                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X