No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an added (kinda) non racing tidbit...

John Earnhardt (1st cousin of DE Sr, 2nd cousin of DE Jr), is preaching at my church tomorrow morning. He's been a guest speaker at my church for the past 5 years but since I moved from Daytona in 2006, I havent met or seen him preach yet. So now that Im back living here Ill finally get the chance to tomorrow.

Itll be interesting; cant wait. Maybe if I ask nicely, he'll score me some VIP passes, lol.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
      I checked the forecast yesterday morning to see what it said for Sunday and it was High of 75, 35% chance of rain.

Checked the forecast this morning to see what it said for Sunday and it said High of 72, 50% chance of thunderstorms!!!

This is central FL where the forecast is ever changing and the rain stops and starts on a dime at any given moment but still dont like the current forecast for 50% chance of thunderstorms.

Thankfully the race is supposed to start at 1 PM, so in the event of rain, the race is able to be delayed for a good 3-4 hours or so if need be. I know the last thing NASCAR would wanna do is move the race to Monday, especially when next week they are going 2,500 miles away cross country to Pheonix...not to mention the 100's (maybe a few 1,000) of people who'd probably miss the race due to not being able to stay an extra day.
      Daytona has lights, they are starting early enough they'll get the whole race in even if they have to go till midnight (and with the way Florida weather goes they'll get at least half the race in prior to midnight to make it official)
      sigpic

Comment

• Danica wins the pole for the Nationwide race on Saturday. She becomes only the 2nd female ever to qualify on pole, the other being Shawna Robinson in March of 1994 at Atlanta.

I don't really care if you like her or not but that is a heck of an accomplishment for her to beat out guys like earnhart, stewart, the busch brothers etc. etc. & i say good for her!

Now let's see if she can back it up on raceday when it counts the most, i predict she will finish in the top 10.
        sigpic

Comment

• Stupid Trevor Bayne & Joey Logano cost Tony another win at Daytona that would have given him 7 in Nationwide Series & that would have tied the great Dale Sr.

Smoke & Sadler had a hell of a run on the top side & was gonna win that race easily but you have retards that don't know how to race.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            Stupid Trevor Bayne & Joey Logano cost Tony another win at Daytona that would have given him 7 in Nationwide Series & that would have tied the great Dale Sr.

Smoke & Sadler had a hell of a run on the top side & was gonna win that race easily but you have retards that don't know how to race.
            I think you should go watch the replay again and see who's fault it actually was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upyKMO-Ns38
            sigpic

Comment

• I thought it was Kurt who went up to block and squeezed them against the wall.

Tony will get his wins. He's been on a roll.
              Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• It's here, the 500. Just a little less than 5 hrs till the green flag drop....barring rain of course. The chance of rain is now up to as high as 70% depending on what source you get a weather report from.

I'll be heading to the track in a little while. It's gonna be a loooong and exciting day (and hopefully a rain free one)...
                Denver Broncos
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks
                Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Boogity Boogity Boogity! Let's go racing boys!
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Does The Great American Race really need a concert?
                    Last edited by Southstander; 02-26-2012, 09:47 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      Does The Great American Race really need a concert?
                      Especially with rain all around the track. Same crap. They did this when Kenseth and Waltrip won the rain shortened ones. Fans didn't get to see the whole race but got to see a crappy concert. If they want to have a concert, have it OUTSIDE the track.
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Well it looks like this Daytona 500 has turned into a night race, hopefully that is & not turned into a Monday race. Go away rain damit!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Only time I don't like rain is at the track. Especially if I'm there.
                          Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• LOVED!!!!!! That 2013 Mustang Commerical.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              Only time I don't like rain is at the track. Especially if I'm there.
                              I agee, and will add Baseball games.

sigpic

Comment

• Just postponed the race, screw you Nascar, the track has lights for a reason!
                                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                                X