No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was not the day at the track I was hoping for. It's absolutely pouring here and it will be continuing to rain for ATLEAST another 3 hours. There is no way this race would be able to have been gotten in tonight.

Tomorrow is an 80% chance to thunderstorms. I think I'm gonna wait til late to head to the track tomorrow so I'm not wasting my time in the event it rains again tomorrow.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• I hate to say this but i'm gonna be a bit selfish & hope that the start of the race is delayed just for like an hour or two so i can at least see the end of it if not more, because i have to work until 3:00.

I hate racing on mondays!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        I hate to say this but i'm gonna be a bit selfish & hope that the start of the race is delayed just for like an hour or two so i can at least see the end of it if not more, because i have to work until 3:00.

I hate racing on mondays!
        I have to go to work at 3 central time. I'm hoping I get to see most of it. Weather sounds crappy for tomorrow so it could possibly be a Tuesday race or heaven forbid the last race in the chase.....
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          I have to go to work at 3 central time. I'm hoping I get to see most of it. Weather sounds crappy for tomorrow so it could possibly be a Tuesday race or heaven forbid the last race in the chase.....
          The Daytona 500 as the Last Race in the Chase would be epic. Can you imagine last years season ender taking place in the Great American Race?
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

• The 500 has been moved from noon to 7 PM per an announcement from Mike Helton about 10 mins ago. Barring unforeseeable rain, the race will be at 7 PM tonight.

I love night racing so Im glad both that itll be at night and that I wont have to miss work this afternoon to go to the race.
            Denver Broncos
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks
            Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
              The 500 has been moved from noon to 7 PM per an announcement from Mike Helton about 10 mins ago. Barring unforeseeable rain, the race will be at 7 PM tonight.

I love night racing so Im glad both that itll be at night and that I wont have to miss work this afternoon to go to the race.
              This whole thing has become a joke. Nascar is going to catch so much crap for delaying the season this year.
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

This whole thing has become a joke. Nascar is going to catch so much crap for delaying the season this year.
                Actually, everything Im hearing is that NASCAR is doing a great job with how this is being handled. Carl Edwards said last night on the local news that he is willing to wait and that NASCAR is handling this delay the best way considering they're dealing with unpredictable conditions. He wants to get a full 500 miles in even if that means having to wait until tomorrow to do it.

Im gonna go ahead and that a shot and assume that Im the only member of this board that lives in Daytona Beach. There was no way this race was getting started last night. It rained here constantly until midnight and started raining again here at around 8 AM and it is still raining.

NASCAR wont be catch any crap for this unless it by idiot fans who would rather NASCAR make the drivers put themselves in danger by racing in rain or on a wet track.

Oh, also. FYI, theres heavy talk about a few "competition" caution laps being run after the first 20 laps or so to assess the tire ware and such since all the rubber from the last week of racing has been washed off the track do to the rain.
                Denver Broncos
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks
                Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Why? There was no way on God's green earth that the race could have been run yesterday.
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    Why? There was no way on God's green earth that the race could have been run yesterday.
                    You got that right. As soon as the rain stopped the 2nd time they got the blowers out there. They were about 90% done drying the track, about 1/2 of the dryers left the track leaving the other 1/2 to finish a couple spots to dry and then all of a sudden it started to rain again.

Some guy a couple rows near me had his iPad and brought up the weather map. Took one look at that and then left. As I was walking up the steps they came over the PA and said it was postponed. After about 5 mins of the rain starting back up the track was soaked again.

It takes a good hour and a half to 2 hours to dry the track. The dryer trucks go literally about 5 MPH around the track as they dry it. Sure there are about 15 trucks but they have to go around the track about 2 times to get it dry.

Its been bright and sunny here for the last 2 hours but now clouds are slowly setting back in. Hopefully these clouds dont dump any rain, and if they do, they need to be gone by 4:30 or so if the race is gonna start at 7.

Fingers crossed everything goes smooth with the weather and this race gets under way at 7 PM, or at the latest 8 PM. Right now the highest chance of rain for the remainder of the day is 35% and that is at 5 PM. At 6 PM it drops to 25% then down to 20% and then keeps dropping.
                    Last edited by kingelway7; 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM.
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Yes because Nascar can control the weather..... Could they have maybe squeezed it in last night? Possibly but the fans had already been sitting there all day in the rain and there was no way of knowing for sure they wouldn't have even more rain later...

No need to give nascar crap they are doing the best they can with what the weather gives them.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Live reports from the track right now just a little after 3 PM local time - Bright & Sunny and the trucks are drying the track right now.
                        Denver Broncos
                        New York Yankees
                        New York Knicks
                        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• It just turned into monsoon conditions outside. Out of no where it suddenly started to absolutely pour. They said on TV the track was just about dry too.

Greeeeeeeat.
                          Denver Broncos
                          New York Yankees
                          New York Knicks
                          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• It was clearing up, looks like more rain and storms popping up?

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/..._animated.html

http://fullscreenradar.com/

Comment

• Boogity, Boogity, Boogity?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Can't stand Jimmy but god dang that was a hard hit!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X