replied
    The Clash was interesting last week.

Good rookie class this year.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    R.I.P. John Andretti.

So sad. He was a fighter.

Thoughts and prayers to family, friends and fans.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    https://www.jennerstown.org/

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    i'm with you peanut, i like the night races & as for the pocono double? not so sure about that, i suppose they are banking on the campers which there is a whole lot up there, but still would need to be a good deal as you said.

i too have been to richmond 3 times for cup races & it's a great place to go, in fact we saw kasey kahne win his first cup race & he beat tony (2nd) that night...wife was into it back then & of course that was her pick. then on the way out i had some clown behind us trying to rile me up about it ha ha!

now allow me to post some info about the schedule of my hometown track jennerstown speedway...this way you can study it over to see if you can make it up for one of the big events...

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Some changes this year:

Martinsville Speedway will host its first official Cup night race on May 9. The short track also will host the final playoff elimination race for all three national series, with the Cup race held Nov. 1.
    Love night races.

Pocono Raceway will be the site of the Cup Series’ first ever doubleheader weekend June 27-28. Saturday’s race will be preceded by a Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series event and Sunday begins with a Xfinity Series race.
    IndyCar has done doubles for awhile. Not sure how they're going to fill the stands. Good deals on tickets?

The Xfinity Series will compete at Martinsville (Oct. 31) for the first time since 2004. The Truck Series returns to Richmond Raceway (April 18) for the first time since 2005.
    Went to Richmond for the Trucks and IROC one year. Fun race.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    RIP Junior Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Rest In Peace Junior Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Kyle Busch just won a WWE Title. Granted it is the 24/7 Championship but he still won it.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Jimmie Johnson announced that 2020 is his last full season. Not surprised. Hope he wins at least one race. It would be nice for him.
    can't say i'm surprised by this either, the writing has been on the wall for the past 2 years...

just like so many others before him, it appears age has finally caught up to him.

father times gets em all at some point which makes me wonder how harvick hasn't hit that wall yet (no pun intended) he is 43 & will turn 44 next month, but yet he is still competing at a very high level with winning races & running for championships still.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Jimmie Johnson announced that 2020 is his last full season. Not surprised. Hope he wins at least one race. It would be nice for him.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

If Denny does win it, I won't mind too much.
    It would be Hamlin's first championship.
    The other three have won before.
    Denny sure has had a distinguished career
    and he deserves a championship one day.

But.................

I'm pulling for Harvick.

JGR with all of TRD's resources have the #4 car
    outgunned and outnumbered. Kevin is the underdog.

~~~

Interesting to learn that the final race for the Championship
    will be held here next year instead of Homestead.

Jr. was saying that Denny and some friends had a house
    in Scottsdale last week and were kicking out there and
    swimming in the pool instead of hanging at the trailer
    at the track. Denny had to win it to get in it and he sure
    did it. All or nothing, gotta give Denny some props.

That funky caution with 9 to go made for real drama.

Peanut and PA, you did a great job picking 3 outa 4 !!!

Here's to a great race in Florida.

I meant to reply to this earlier but got distracted.

Some are probably unhappy with the change, but it kind of makes sense for two reasons. Gives the western part of the US a chance to go to the final race. And maybe weather would be better? It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I'm sure that Peanut knows by now.........

Congratulations to Coach Gibbs, JGR and Kyle Busch for the 2019 Championship.
    Also a shout out to Martin, Denny and Kevin for outstanding efforts this season.

The Championship will be here next year, first Daytona is next up and it can't
    come soon enough for me. Let's see how they monkey with the rules again lol.

Even though I wanted Hamlin, I'm not unhappy with Busch winning. He was my second choice of the four.

Not too happy with the Truck and Xfinity series. Told hubby, "anyone but Crafton" because I didn't really have a favorite. With xfinity, I was split between Bell and Allgaier.

Rookie of the Year for Cup should be good. Go Bell !

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

I'm sure that Peanut knows by now.........

Congratulations to Coach Gibbs, JGR and Kyle Busch for the 2019 Championship.
    Also a shout out to Martin, Denny and Kevin for outstanding efforts this season.

The Championship will be here next year, first Daytona is next up and it can't
    come soon enough for me. Let's see how they monkey with the rules again lol.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Miami Monster Energy Series pit stall assignments

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...l-assignments/

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

:doh: Going to be crazy, no practice, no quals, 50 minute window Saturday for some laps:

Weather causes schedule changes;
    Cup qualifying canceled, Saturday practice added

By Staff Report
    NASCAR.com
    November 15, 2019 at 3:45 PM

Persistent rain showers and brief bouts of lightning in the area jumbled Friday’s on-track schedule at
    Homestead-Miami Speedway. Saturday was impacted, too.

Both Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practices, NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series
    qualifying and NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice were canceled due to weather on the opening
    day of championship weekend. NASCAR later announced that Saturday’s Monster Energy Series
    qualifying was canceled in favor of adding one of the missed practices back to the schedule.

The starting lineup for Sunday’s Ford EcoBoost 400 will be set by the rule book, meaning owner points
    — Denny Hamlin will start from the pole position, with Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch
    lined up behind him in spots 2-4. All drivers are part of the Championship 4 field. All points for the four
    title hopefuls were reset to 5,000 for this race, with the tiebreaker being best finish of the Round of 8
    — and then second-best finish as necessary.

That practice is scheduled from 2:05-2:55 p.m. ET, sandwiched between NASCAR Xfinity Series
    qualifying and the Ford EcoBoost 300 title race in that series.
    More: https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ather-on-hold/

Complete line up:
    https://www.nascar.com/results/race_...tn/qualifying/

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

If Denny does win it, I won't mind too much.
    It would be Hamlin's first championship.
    The other three have won before.
    Denny sure has had a distinguished career
    and he deserves a championship one day.

But.................

I'm pulling for Harvick.

JGR with all of TRD's resources have the #4 car
    outgunned and outnumbered. Kevin is the underdog.

~~~

Interesting to learn that the final race for the Championship
    will be held here next year instead of Homestead.

Jr. was saying that Denny and some friends had a house
    in Scottsdale last week and were kicking out there and
    swimming in the pool instead of hanging at the trailer
    at the track. Denny had to win it to get in it and he sure
    did it. All or nothing, gotta give Denny some props.

That funky caution with 9 to go made for real drama.

Peanut and PA, you did a great job picking 3 outa 4 !!!

Here's to a great race in Florida.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X