Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Because his car broke?

I thought he could have gone around Kenseth. It seemed more like he was blocking JR.
    He just seems to have better luck on the roadies.

Yeah, I agree with you. Biff was blocking hard. It's the Daytona 500, and you blocked when you had a chance to beat your teammate to the line.

Congrats, you just told all of NASCAR what a little lapdog you are.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Love this quote from JPM

Montoya: "I have hit a lot of things, but a jet dryer? I mean, no."
      Yes, Juan, yes you have!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Yeah, I agree with you. Biff was blocking hard. It's the Daytona 500, and you blocked when you had a chance to beat your teammate to the line.

Congrats, you just told all of NASCAR what a little lapdog you are.
        Word is that Biffle agreed help Kenseth win as repayment for what he did to Kenseth in the Dual race on Thursday.
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Is it just me or was there like very little passing last night? Especially in the outside line, it just seemed like the outside line could not move at all & could not get any kind of run on the inside line which to me is very disappointing.

I was excited when they changed the rules to break up the two car tandem because i did not like that style of racing & was looking forward to getting back to the pack racing which is what happened but it was not what i expected & after watching i think having the two cars hooked up would have been more entertaining because at least there would have been passing.

I just can't understand what the problem was because i never remember when racing in the big pack that one lane was so much stronger than the other lane & just so few passes were made & passing opportunities seemed non-exsistent.

Outside of the bizarre montoya crash, overall i must say i was very disappointed with the race & don't recall a more boring & stagnet Daytona 500.
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm not a fan of restrictor-plate racing. It's to slow the cars down, right?

Years ago, I told hubby they should repave Daytona and take some of the banking out. He said they wouldn't repave just for that. Last year, they repaved it because of a problematic pothole. IMO, they should have taken just a little out of the banking. That would have slowed the cars enough so that they could get rid of the plates. I think there would be better racing.

They don't listen to me, though.

Oh, and Cory. I thought you were calling me a "lapdog". Had to read it again.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              I'm not a fan of restrictor-plate racing. It's to slow the cars down, right?

Years ago, I told hubby they should repave Daytona and take some of the banking out. He said they wouldn't repave just for that. Last year, they repaved it because of a problematic pothole. IMO, they should have taken just a little out of the banking. That would have slowed the cars enough so that they could get rid of the plates. I think there would be better racing.

They don't listen to me, though.

Oh, and Cory. I thought you were calling me a "lapdog". Had to read it again.
              That is an intersting idea & it would certainly work because palces like texas & charlotte they go down into the corners over 200 mph & i believe the banking there is around 24 degrees, but i doubt they ever even considered it because alot of fans love the plate races, i used to but they aren't what they used to be.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                That is an intersting idea & it would certainly work because palces like texas & charlotte they go down into the corners over 200 mph & i believe the banking there is around 24 degrees, but i doubt they ever even considered it because alot of fans love the plate races, i used to but they aren't what they used to be.
                Plate racing always mess up my fantasy teams.

It doesn't matter how good the driver is, it matters where on the track they are when the accidents happen. I think that's why there are so many first time winners at Daytona.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• NASCAR Penalties Jimmie Johnson loses 25 driver pts, crew chief Chad Knaus suspended 6 races (equipment violations).
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    NASCAR Penalties Jimmie Johnson loses 25 driver pts, crew chief Chad Knaus suspended 6 races (equipment violations).
                    I honestly don't think they should have taken the points but instead Knaus should be gone for the year instead, i mean why should JJ have to pay for what Knaus does?

I understand it's standard nascar protocol but Knaus keeps getting nothing but a slap on the wrist at this point after so many things he has done, so why does nascar allow him to stick around.
                    sigpic

Comment

• So everyone who has ever posted in this thread has more Points than Jimmy this year!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        So everyone who has ever posted in this thread has more Points than Jimmy this year!
                        Poor Jimmie I'm not gonna say i like him, actually got frustrated with him for winning so many titles in a row but i have a great deal of respect for what he accomplished & he is a hell of a racer & i just feel he doesn't deserve the wrath for Knaus being a retard.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Damn i just wanna watch the shiny cars go zoom, i remember selling popcorn and peanuts in the stands at the local track when i was a kid just to watch the races for free, if i made a couple buck it was cool, but it didn't bother me at all if i didn't sell anything.
                          I really like Cheese.

Comment

Poor Jimmie I'm not gonna say i like him, actually got frustrated with him for winning so many titles in a row but i have a great deal of respect for what he accomplished & he is a hell of a racer & i just feel he doesn't deserve the wrath for Knaus being a retard.
                            No sympathy for the cheaters from me....I'm sorry but when your crew chief has been busted multiple times for cheated and gives you orders like this

And you happen to be driving the same car you were driving when he gave you those orders you know somethings going on and if you don't tell him to stop you are just as guilty.

With those two if you aren't first you aren't cheating hard enough!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              No sympathy for the cheaters from me....I'm sorry but when your crew chief has been busted multiple times for cheated and gives you orders like this

And you happen to be driving the same car you were driving when he gave you those orders you know somethings going on and if you don't tell him to stop you are just as guilty.

With those two if you aren't first you aren't cheating hard enough!
                              Where did that come from? Because i have never heard any such thing & i follow nascar very closely. That has got to be fake!
                              sigpic

Comment

Where did that come from? Because i have never heard any such thing & i follow nascar very closely. That has got to be fake!
                                Nope, Its 100% real. They talked about it on the SPEED channel for like a whole 30 mins last year after the fall Dega race. He was involved in the big one anyway I think so it didn't really matter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz8on...eature=related
                                Last edited by KnoMo#27; 02-29-2012, 07:30 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X