NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Where did that come from? Because i have never heard any such thing & i follow nascar very closely. That has got to be fake!
    Talladega last year, it aired on live television. That's the reason I knew about it. It's well documented and I'm not making this crap up.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic...Talladega.html

here's the actual video of him telling it captured from within the in car cam.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Talladega last year, it aired on live television. That's the reason I knew about it. It's well documented and I'm not making this crap up.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic...Talladega.html

here's the actual video of him telling it captured from within the in car cam.
      Haha, I was trying to embed that same video, but I forgot how too.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
        Haha, I was trying to embed that same video, but I forgot how too.
        Best part of that video is at the end Jimmy somewhat points at the camera with his left hand then looks over and nods towards it and chad kind of pauses like "oh crap that's filming isn't it" and finishes with "we'll be alright just can't take any chances"
        sigpic

Comment

• Haha, couldn't happen to a nicer team. Can't stand the cheater. Johnson gets to be a victim again, although he benefits more than he gets hurt. If he really hated being penalized all the time he would tell Rick to get someone else to be his crew chief.
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Why is Chad Knaus at track this week. I thought if a CC gets suspended they can't be anywhere near the track. Don't tell me NASCAR took away the 6 race suspension.
            sigpic

Comment

Why is Chad Knaus at track this week. I thought if a CC gets suspended they can't be anywhere near the track. Don't tell me NASCAR took away the 6 race suspension.
              Maybe because it's under appeal? I don't know.

Knaus' version:

Knaus talks about penalty:
              WHAT IS YOUR REACTION TO THE PENALTY? "Obviously, I'm deeply saddened of course. We didn't expect this. It's not the way that we wanted to start off the season. It is good to have the support of everybody at Hendrick Motorsports (HMS). We will go after this thing, hopefully get it resolved and beaten and go back to business. Right now we are focused on getting through Phoenix and trying to win this championship this year."
              WHEN YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T EXPECT IT, DID YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THE SUSPENSION OR YOU JUST DIDN'T EXPECT TO BE IN THIS POSITION A FEW WEEKS AGO? "Really didn't expect any of it, to be quite honest with you. We do everything we can to build the best race cars we possibly can to bring to the race track. That is what we do. Unfortunately, they didn't like something and we have to address that. It definitely was not foreseen."
              HOW DID NASCAR DETERMINE IT WAS ILLEGAL? "It was all visual. The templates were never actually put on the car. It was a visual inspection at that point. We never even got the opportunity to actually present that under templates. It is unfortunate, there is a bit of subjectiveness to it and that is why we are going through the appeal."
              WITH A PENALTY THIS HEFTY, DON'T YOU THINK A TEAM AND OR AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT FOR THE THING TO BE MEASURED? "That will definitely come up during the appeal. We will just have to talk about it at that point. NASCAR does a good job; they have a good set-up structure and a good set of standards that are in black and white, some areas that are not."
              THIS CAR HAD BEEN THROUGH INSPECTION BEFORE WITH THE SAME PIECE: "Multiple times."(Chevy PR)(3-2-2012)
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Why is Chad Knaus at track this week. I thought if a CC gets suspended they can't be anywhere near the track. Don't tell me NASCAR took away the 6 race suspension.
                Like Peanut said it's been appealed, so until the appeal is heard the suspension in effect has not been enforced yet, however the 25 points they docked JJ is in effect regardless, that is i suppose unless it would happen to get overturned.

But as of right now Jimmie has -23 points.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                  Like Peanut said it's been appealed, so until the appeal is heard the suspension in effect has not been enforced yet, however the 25 points they docked JJ is in effect regardless, that is i suppose unless it would happen to get overturned.

But as of right now Jimmie has -23 points.
                  I don't see them overturning it. NASCAR doesn't overturn too many things. If they do this one, people are going to yell about favoritism.

Poor Jimmie. Not really, but that is not the best way to start the season.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I do like Jimmie's new paint job.
                    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      I don't see them overturning it. NASCAR doesn't overturn too many things. If they do this one, people are going to yell about favoritism.

Poor Jimmie. Not really, but that is not the best way to start the season.
                      An even better way to start this season would be if someone could put the cheater in the wall! (not enough to hurt him physically just end his chances of a good finish!)
                      sigpic

Comment

An even better way to start this season would be if someone could put the cheater in the wall! (not enough to hurt him physically just end his chances of a good finish!)
                        This is uncalled for. I am not just saying this because I am a fan of his. To me wanting someone to purposely put some into the wall is wrong regulard less of who it is.

For full disclosure 10 years ago when Dale Sr had his Daytona crash, before I found out it killed him, I hoped he was out for a few races. Not hurt mind you, or worse what happened. I now know how wrong I was. I hate to see other make that same mistake.

As far as the cheating goes I think he should be punished. As well as Chad like I said earlier for 6 months. But let's be honest here this is not the first time, nor will it be the last time some has cheated and/or cheated repeatedly in NASCAR. It is a problem as old as the sport. To hammer Jimmie and HMS for doing what a majority of drivers and teams have done in the past is disingenuous.DW has talked about how they a radio that weighted different in inspection then the one they used on the track.
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                          This is uncalled for. I am not just saying this because I am a fan of his. To me wanting someone to purposely put some into the wall is wrong regulard less of who it is.

For full disclosure 10 years ago when Dale Sr had his Daytona crash, before I found out it killed him, I hoped he was out for a few races. Not hurt mind you, or worse what happened. I now know how wrong I was. I hate to see other make that same mistake.

As far as the cheating goes I think he should be punished. As well as Chad like I said earlier for 6 months. But let's be honest here this is not the first time, nor will it be the last time some has cheated and/or cheated repeatedly in NASCAR. It is a problem as old as the sport. To hammer Jimmie and HMS for doing what a majority of drivers and teams have done in the past is disingenuous.DW has talked about how they a radio that weighted different in inspection then the one they used on the track.
                          Well I can't stand the guy, I would love if he brushed the wall every week (I am not in any way hoping for anything serious I don't want him or fans injured) but I'm just sick to death of him and his team.

My least favorite drivers in order are
                          Jimmy Johnson
                          Kyle Busch
                          Denny Hamlin
                          Matt Kenseth
                          Gregg Biffle

When the top 3 on that list get in a wreck I almost always grin a bit (as long as it's completely obvious they are ok, the one Jimmy had at Daytona for example, there was no excitement there, I don't wish that kind of a wreck on anyone) but ya, bending a fender and ending their day, nope I don't have a problem with that I enjoy seeing it happen because I can't stand them!

I get that you like Jimmy (so does my dad and brother) but I can't see him without a mental image of a cheating weasel who wouldn't be half as good as he is without "pushing the limits of the rules" I get that a lot of people get busted for cheating but outside of Knaus and Johnson it just seems very rare, you almost never see anyone else getting busted as often as they are.

I completely get what you are saying on the Dale Sr side of things, he was one of my favorite drivers at the time and no one wanted to see that happen but, good or bad I do enjoy Johnsons misfortune, I don't want him getting into serious crashes but I sure as heck would love to see him have a season full of poor finishes for once. To me it would make the season worth watching if he missed the chase (it'll be a good 10 years before we see that happen honestly) I get your a fan of his and roles reversed I wouldn't like hearing someone wishing misfortune on my driver (he has enough of his own lol though I'm about to the point where I'm going to start referring to Stewart as my driver) but it is what it is and I just flat out can't stand the guy!
                          Last edited by Freyaka; 03-06-2012, 09:25 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• They need to start suspending drivers. I'm VERY sick of the "oh, I just drive the car", passing the buck excuse.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              They need to start suspending drivers. I'm VERY sick of the "oh, I just drive the car", passing the buck excuse.
                              No crap....I'm sorry but if your Crew Chief is skating the edge of the rules to the point that he has to tell you to damage the car if you win....Dude your fully aware what's going on and you need more than some points taken away....
                              sigpic

Comment

and roles reversed I wouldn't like hearing someone wishing misfortune on my driver (he has enough of his own lol though I'm about to the point where I'm going to start referring to Stewart as my driver) but it is what it is and I just flat out can't stand the guy!
                                Hey speaking of my driver......He's 11th in points lol, how did that happen? It won't last but how did that happen?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X