NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well I can't stand the guy, I would love if he brushed the wall every week (I am not in any way hoping for anything serious I don't want him or fans injured) but I'm just sick to death of him and his team.

My least favorite drivers in order are
    Jimmy Johnson
    Kyle Busch
    Denny Hamlin
    Matt Kenseth
    Gregg Biffle

When the top 3 on that list get in a wreck I almost always grin a bit (as long as it's completely obvious they are ok, the one Jimmy had at Daytona for example, there was no excitement there, I don't wish that kind of a wreck on anyone) but ya, bending a fender and ending their day, nope I don't have a problem with that I enjoy seeing it happen because I can't stand them!

I get that you like Jimmy (so does my dad and brother) but I can't see him without a mental image of a cheating weasel who wouldn't be half as good as he is without "pushing the limits of the rules" I get that a lot of people get busted for cheating but outside of Knaus and Johnson it just seems very rare, you almost never see anyone else getting busted as often as they are.

I completely get what you are saying on the Dale Sr side of things, he was one of my favorite drivers at the time and no one wanted to see that happen but, good or bad I do enjoy Johnsons misfortune, I don't want him getting into serious crashes but I sure as heck would love to see him have a season full of poor finishes for once. To me it would make the season worth watching if he missed the chase (it'll be a good 10 years before we see that happen honestly) I get your a fan of his and roles reversed I wouldn't like hearing someone wishing misfortune on my driver (he has enough of his own lol though I'm about to the point where I'm going to start referring to Stewart as my driver) but it is what it is and I just flat out can't stand the guy!
    I understand where you are coming fr
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

Well I can't stand the guy, I would love if he brushed the wall every week (I am not in any way hoping for anything serious I don't want him or fans injured) but I'm just sick to death of him and his team.

My least favorite drivers in order are
      Jimmy Johnson
      Kyle Busch
      Denny Hamlin
      Matt Kenseth
      Gregg Biffle

When the top 3 on that list get in a wreck I almost always grin a bit (as long as it's completely obvious they are ok, the one Jimmy had at Daytona for example, there was no excitement there, I don't wish that kind of a wreck on anyone) but ya, bending a fender and ending their day, nope I don't have a problem with that I enjoy seeing it happen because I can't stand them!

I get that you like Jimmy (so does my dad and brother) but I can't see him without a mental image of a cheating weasel who wouldn't be half as good as he is without "pushing the limits of the rules" I get that a lot of people get busted for cheating but outside of Knaus and Johnson it just seems very rare, you almost never see anyone else getting busted as often as they are.

I completely get what you are saying on the Dale Sr side of things, he was one of my favorite drivers at the time and no one wanted to see that happen but, good or bad I do enjoy Johnsons misfortune, I don't want him getting into serious crashes but I sure as heck would love to see him have a season full of poor finishes for once. To me it would make the season worth watching if he missed the chase (it'll be a good 10 years before we see that happen honestly) I get your a fan of his and roles reversed I wouldn't like hearing someone wishing misfortune on my driver (he has enough of his own lol though I'm about to the point where I'm going to start referring to Stewart as my driver) but it is what it is and I just flat out can't stand the guy!
      I understand where you are coming from, I do think I did not explain my point as well as I thought I did. It's not that you where wishing my driver would hit the wall. It was that wanting ANY driver to hit the wall. Some of reasons it effects more then just the driver. It effects the pay day for all the crew members and how they support their familes. It effects the sponser, their by effecting the sponsors employees. It effects the drivers fans, in some cases how those fans treat their families. There are countless women every year that are abused by their boyfreinds or husbands because the significant old was drunk and upset that his team/ driver lost. When you start to think of it that way it makes it impossible to cheer/hope against other team or drivers! In addition as a Born Again Christian I know Jesus does not want us to wish that bad things happen to other people. I'll get off my soap box now.

sigpic

Comment

No crap....I'm sorry but if your Crew Chief is skating the edge of the rules to the point that he has to tell you to damage the car if you win....Dude your fully aware what's going on and you need more than some points taken away....
        I completely agree. If it is possible to prove that a driver knows about the cheating he sits and so does the car. Yes, I know in my lay post I said you have to think about how being knocked out of the race effects more then the driver. But that is EXCACTLY why I am saying this. The crew members have to know that they are breaking the rules. They are not guiltless in this. The sponser would not want their name on a car that is always being forced to sit because of cheating. It hurts their brand. Going this route would help kill off cheating if not eliminate it as a whole. Heck I say if it a multiple time cheater shut down the entire team. Every car and driver. Once the risk of getting caught of cheating is out reward of getting away with it. It will stop.

sigpic

Comment

• This race would be a great one to sleep through....
          sigpic

Comment

• What a final 30 or so laps with all the restarts , tony was so dam strong on restarts but jimmie was so strong too & tony just held him off for his first career win at vegas.

Smoke has now won on every track except Darlington & Kentucky but you can hardly even count Kentucky against him because last year was the first time ever there.

So i seriously look for him to cross Darlington off the list later in the season & for all intent purposes will be the first driver to win on every single track that the cup series runs on. Smoke is on a hell of a run!
            sigpic

Comment

• Congrats to Smoke and our ownBFinPA.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                What a final 30 or so laps with all the restarts , tony was so dam strong on restarts but jimmie was so strong too & tony just held him off for his first career win at vegas.

Smoke has now won on every track except Darlington & Kentucky but you can hardly even count Kentucky against him because last year was the first time ever there.

So i seriously look for him to cross Darlington off the list later in the season & for all intent purposes will be the first driver to win on every single track that the cup series runs on. Smoke is on a hell of a run!
                Yea it looks like I picked a good time to hop on the stewart bandwagon (I've always liked him but I'm now referring to him as my driver) Still like Labonte but he's careers near done time to find someone new to cheer for.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                  What a final 30 or so laps with all the restarts , tony was so dam strong on restarts but jimmie was so strong too & tony just held him off for his first career win at vegas.

I'm glad I have him on one of my fantasy teams. I took a hit today.

Don't be surprised if NASCAR takes a look at his gear assembly. In Johnson's interview, it sounded like he was suspicious of Tony's restarts.
                  Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    I'm glad I have him on one of my fantasy teams. I took a hit today.

Don't be surprised if NASCAR takes a look at his gear assembly. In Johnson's interview, it sounded like he was suspicious of Tony's restarts.
                    On Fox's in race audio, Stewart told Steve Addington to tell NASCAR to watch the restarts because Johnson was laying back trying to get a run on the restarts.
                    sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                    Adopted By:
                    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                    Broncbeat

Comment

• Who won the race today? I don't really follow NASCAR but I live here in Vegas so I was just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                        On Fox's in race audio, Stewart told Steve Addington to tell NASCAR to watch the restarts because Johnson was laying back trying to get a run on the restarts.
                        That's what it looked like. Also looked like he was trying to make it look like Stewart jumped the restarts.

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                        Who won the race today? I don't really follow NASCAR but I live here in Vegas so I was just wondering.
                        Tony Stewart.

You should go to a race. It's fun. Maybe start with the Truck series---cheaper, less crowd and better racing.
                        Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          That's what it looked like. Also looked like he was trying to make it look like Stewart jumped the restarts.

Tony Stewart.

You should go to a race. It's fun. Maybe start with the Truck series---cheaper, less crowd and better racing.
                          I've been to a NASCAR truck race here in Vegas. It was pretty fun! I just get bored quickly watching it on TV. If I happen to turn it on with less that 20 laps left I usually watch it. I usually root for Jimmy Johnson but have no idea what I'm talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                            I've been to a NASCAR truck race here in Vegas. It was pretty fun! I just get bored quickly watching it on TV. If I happen to turn it on with less that 20 laps left I usually watch it. I usually root for Jimmy Johnson but have no idea what I'm talking about.
                            We went to the first truck race there under the lights the first year the track opened.

I was just down the rode on Sunday but didn't get to the race. Living in Vegas for 11 years and being so close here in Utah, I still have not made the big dance at LVMS.

Maybe next year is a routine thought.

Tony's restarts were dramatic and obvious. I'm not sure if there was illegal practices going on there but he did seem to burst out of there awfully faster than Jimmie and the pack.

It was such a nice day in Vegas too weather wise. They are still trying to get 2 races held there a year rather than 1.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Congrats to Brad Keselowski.

sigpic

Comment

• Grats to Brad. It was odd for me to see some of the big names so far back in the pack.
                                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X