No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hated yesterday's race, especially lap 24! And those of you know who my favorite driver is you probably know why.
    sigpic

Comment

• Mr Jimmie Johnson has his loss of 25 points rescinded, crew chief Mr Chad Knaus has his 6-race ban rescinded.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
        Mr Jimmie Johnson has his loss of 25 points rescinded, crew chief Mr Chad Knaus has his 6-race ban rescinded.
        UPDATE: NATIONAL STOCK CAR RACING CHIEF APPELLATE OFFICER STATEMENT:
        On March 20, 2012, the Chief Appellate Officer heard and considered the appeal of the penalties resulting from the #48 Hendrick Motorsports NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team. This stemmed from an opening day inspection for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Daytona International Speedway on February 17, 2012.
        The penalties concern Section 12-1 of the NASCAR Rule Book "Actions detrimental to stock car racing;" Section 12-4(J): "Any determination by NASCAR Officials that the Race Equipment used in the Event does not conform to NASCAR rules detailed in Section 20 of the NASCAR Rule Book, or has not been approved by NASCAR prior to the Event;" and Section 20-2.1(E): "If in the judgment of NASCAR Officials, any part or component of the car not previously approved by NASCAR that has been installed or modified to enhance aerodynamic performance, will not be permitted: Unapproved car body modifications."
        The results of the appeal hearing were as follows:
        - Rescinding the loss of 25 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Car Owner points (for Jeff Gordon).
        - Rescinding the loss of 25 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Driver points (for Jimmie Johnson).
        - Rescinding the six (6) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Events suspension for the Crew Chief (Chad Knaus) and Car Chief (Ron Malec), however both will remain on NASCAR probation until May 9, 2012.
        - $100,000 fine remains in place for the Crew Chief (Chad Knaus).
        John Middlebrook  Chief Appellate Officer.(NASCAR)(3-20-2012)
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Anyone else notice Joey Lagano was in the crowd for American Idol this week? lol
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Anyone else notice Joey Lagano was in the crowd for American Idol this week? lol
            Why was stale bread on American Idol?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
              Why was stale bread on American Idol?
              Probably something to do with it being the filmed in the middle of the week and they are in california this week.

Lagano and Bayne both showed up again thursday night for the results show.
              Last edited by Freyaka; 03-23-2012, 10:16 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• I tell you what, I'd really like to make it up to Bristol for the night race come August.
                Are you a reaper?

Comment

Anyone else notice Joey Lagano was in the crowd for American Idol this week? lol
                  THAT was Logano? Shoot, didn't recognize him....thought that was a Cornhusker fan.
                  sigpic
                  2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• I never heard why Mr Kurt Busch was moved from the #2 then out of Penskie completely.

sigpic

Comment

• Smoke gets it done again.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                        I never heard why Mr Kurt Busch was moved from the #2 then out of Penskie completely.
                        Sponsor wanted Brad in the 2. As far as why he left all together he was a diva and tough to handle and at the end of the season last year he went off on a reporter (dr punch). Penske finally said enough is enough.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sponsor wanted Brad in the 2. As far as why he left all together he was a diva and tough to handle and at the end of the season last year he went off on a reporter (dr punch). Penske finally said enough is enough.
                          Thank you.

sigpic

Comment

• Trucks on a road course again? How cool would that be?

Trucks to Road America in 2013? Canadian track also hoping to be in the mix: NASCAR is expected to announce soon that the Camping World Truck Series will return to road-course racing in the 2013 season and that is great news for Canada's Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. A source close to Camping World loop told the Toronto Sun that negotiations are all but complete to add a race at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis., for next season. That same source also said NASCAR would most certainly add a second road course so that it would make economic sense for the truck teams. "Teams would have to construct purpose built trucks for Road America so to keep those costs in line a second race just makes sense." A truck race at CTMS--formerly Mosport--would be a prefect fit for the track's new owners. Ron Fellows--and his partners Alan Boughton and Carlo Fidani--have been actively pursuing a top NASCAR touring series race. "I was on the phone June 1 (the day the group announced it had purchased the legendary Ontario track) with NASCAR officials telling them we wanted a race," Fellows said in a phone interview from Toronto. "And we are continuing to seek a race at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park." It will be at least mid to late summer before NASCAR bosses release their 2013 schedules but it is now a good bet that there will be two truck races turning left and right next season. Fellows said that the addition of Canadian Tire--a major NASCAR partner--as the name sponsor at CTMS will boost the track chances at getting the nod for a race.(TorontoSun.com)(3-11-2012)
                            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Google to create an autonomous race car team

http://www.google.com/racing/
                              http://www.nascar.com/video/none/non...up-mar-google/

It is of course an april fools joke
                              sigpic

Comment

• Missed the Texas race because of work but sounds like I didn't miss much. At least Mark ran well, he is going to win some races real soon.
                                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                                X