Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Just what are you trying to say here Peanut? That i'm like the Kyle or Kurt of the boards here? Well i guess i had that coming because i have been in trouble a few times like them.

    But i much like Kyle have been rehabilitated & am now a model citizen so...


    Hey, I did say I like Kyle. He's my main driver in Cup.


    Yes, you are.
    Administrator

    Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

    Lupus Awareness

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Peanut View Post


      Hey, I did say I like Kyle. He's my main driver in Cup.


      Yes, you are.
      Of course you did, why do you think i used him as my comparison

      Ok but seriously i like the aggresive style of guys like him & others i mentioned before & i like the rivalry he has with Harvick that just won't seem to go away & i really think that's what the sport is missing lately, there just aren't any good rivalries on the track anymore.

      They talked a bit about that very thing on the broadcast the other day or was it on wind tunnel but anyway they said perhaps the lack of any rivalries is a part of the reason for the long green flag runs & very few cautions & i think there is something to that.

      We need more fights on the track or hell off the track too.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        Of course you did, why do you think i used him as my comparison

        Ok but seriously i like the aggresive style of guys like him & others i mentioned before & i like the rivalry he has with Harvick that just won't seem to go away & i really think that's what the sport is missing lately, there just aren't any good rivalries on the track anymore.

        They talked a bit about that very thing on the broadcast the other day or was it on wind tunnel but anyway they said perhaps the lack of any rivalries is a part of the reason for the long green flag runs & very few cautions & i think there is something to that.

        We need more fights on the track or hell off the track too.
        I just wanted to make sure you knew I was joking. You know, keep the fights in NASCAR and not here.

        They repaved Pocono. I wonder if that's going to change anything. Nice track.
        Administrator

        Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

        Lupus Awareness

        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          Of course you did, why do you think i used him as my comparison

          Ok but seriously i like the aggresive style of guys like him & others i mentioned before & i like the rivalry he has with Harvick that just won't seem to go away & i really think that's what the sport is missing lately, there just aren't any good rivalries on the track anymore.

          They talked a bit about that very thing on the broadcast the other day or was it on wind tunnel but anyway they said perhaps the lack of any rivalries is a part of the reason for the long green flag runs & very few cautions & i think there is something to that.

          We need more fights on the track or hell off the track too.
          I became a NASCAR fan because of Dale Earnhardt's intimidating driving style, but I was also a fan of the drivers who were willing to stand up to him as well. (Rusty Wallace & Terry Labonte)

          It's a shame that all of the old school drivers left racing around the same time and took that old school attitude with them.
          sigpic

          Adopted Posters:
          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
          Adopted By:
          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
          Broncbeat

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
            I became a NASCAR fan because of Dale Earnhardt's intimidating driving style, but I was also a fan of the drivers who were willing to stand up to him as well. (Rusty Wallace & Terry Labonte)

            It's a shame that all of the old school drivers left racing around the same time and took that old school attitude with them.
            I think there are still a few old school drivers left or at least aggresive racers that won't back down, like the guys i have been mentioning, Smoke, Harvick the Busch brothers, Montoya can be aggresive & even Newman but the problem of late is it seems everybody is minding their business & have no interest in tangling with somebody on track.

            Tony has really calmed down & doesn't have the run-ins he used to & i think a big part of his deal is since he became an owner, he realized how much work goes into putting the cars together & he doesn't want to tear them up, plus it's coming out of his pocket.

            Now that's not to say he doesn't still have some bad boy attitude deep down inside & i can see it every once in awhile. As far as the other drivers, i'm not sure why they all seem to be avoiding any type of conflict on the track but i wish something would start brewing & i think maybe there's a chance in a few weeks & that's at the road course at Sonoma.

            Those road course races have been some of the most entertaining in recent years &i look forward to those every year & wish they would even add another one or two per year.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
              I became a NASCAR fan because of Dale Earnhardt's intimidating driving style, but I was also a fan of the drivers who were willing to stand up to him as well. (Rusty Wallace & Terry Labonte)

              It's a shame that all of the old school drivers left racing around the same time and took that old school attitude with them.
              I liked Richard Petty (old school).Now i'm just a fan of the sport watching some good races with no favorite.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                I think there are still a few old school drivers left or at least aggresive racers that won't back down, like the guys i have been mentioning, Smoke, Harvick the Busch brothers, Montoya can be aggresive & even Newman but the problem of late is it seems everybody is minding their business & have no interest in tangling with somebody on track.

                Tony has really calmed down & doesn't have the run-ins he used to & i think a big part of his deal is since he became an owner, he realized how much work goes into putting the cars together & he doesn't want to tear them up, plus it's coming out of his pocket.

                Now that's not to say he doesn't still have some bad boy attitude deep down inside & i can see it every once in awhile. As far as the other drivers, i'm not sure why they all seem to be avoiding any type of conflict on the track but i wish something would start brewing & i think maybe there's a chance in a few weeks & that's at the road course at Sonoma.

                Those road course races have been some of the most entertaining in recent years &i look forward to those every year & wish they would even add another one or two per year.
                I agree. I love road courses. I lived 10-20 minutes from Sonoma, but never went to a race.

                Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                I liked Richard Petty (old school).Now i'm just a fan of the sport watching some good races with no favorite.
                I'm like that with NW and the Trucks. In Cup, Kyle.
                Administrator

                Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                Lupus Awareness

                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  I just wanted to make sure you knew I was joking. You know, keep the fights in NASCAR and not here.

                  They repaved Pocono. I wonder if that's going to change anything. Nice track.
                  Speaking of new pavement at Pocono, apparently 36 of the drivers tied or beat the previous qualifying record. Joey Logano beat it by 7 mph!!
                  sigpic
                  2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

                  Comment


                  • Another lousy Nascar race but this time with a good ending. Way to go sliced bread!!!

                    I for one hope he doesn't resign with Gibbs and goes to become the 3rd Stewart-haas car (I know danica technically is but seriously....who cares about that?)
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      Another lousy Nascar race but this time with a good ending. Way to go sliced bread!!!

                      I for one hope he doesn't resign with Gibbs and goes to become the 3rd Stewart-haas car (I know danica technically is but seriously....who cares about that?)
                      I wouldn't say it was lousy, there certainly have been alot worse this year. At least there was some interesting things like all those speeding penalties & then the fuel strategy late & i wished we could have seen that play out without the late cautions, i like the suspense of who will make it & who will run out.

                      As far as Logano goes, Gibbs can keep him or somebody other than Tony can have him because to me he has not lived up to his potenital or at least the potential everybody thought he had. He just got his 2nd career cup win in over 3 years & the first came in a rain shortened race which he wasn't even that good, i know a win is a win but my point is 2 wins in his 4th year is just not good enough.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        Another lousy Nascar race but this time with a good ending. Way to go sliced bread!!!

                        I for one hope he doesn't resign with Gibbs and goes to become the 3rd Stewart-haas car (I know danica technically is but seriously....who cares about that?)
                        As a Mark Martin fan, I didn't enjoy the ending, and the fact he had to smash his way past one of the cleanest drivers shows how desperate he was to not get fired.

                        Mark continues to prove Hendrick was screwing him over last year and that Michael Waltrip is a genius for hiring Mark and Bowyer.
                        sigpic

                        2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                        Comment


                        • Look out boys & girls (Peanut) we may see something rarely seen in the sport & records may be crushed! They tested today at newly repaved Michigan & speeds were off the charts, 4 drivers broke 201 MPH & several others were over 200, with my man smoke being the fastest just a shade under 202 at 201.896MPH

                          Now keep in mind that is the average speed of the entire lap & not the top speed overall, my guess is that is in the range of pushing 220 MPH at the end of the straight away. Is this too fast? Is this safe? It's been a long time since anybody posted a time over 200 MPH, like over 25 years.

                          And also these were speeds in race trim & not qualifying trim, so it should be very interesting to see how this all shakes out this weeked at MIS.

                          http://www.nascar.com/news/120614/re...ing/index.html
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                            Look out boys & girls (Peanut) we may see something rarely seen in the sport & records may be crushed! They tested today at newly repaved Michigan & speeds were off the charts, 4 drivers broke 201 MPH & several others were over 200, with my man smoke being the fastest just a shade under 202 at 201.896MPH

                            Now keep in mind that is the average speed of the entire lap & not the top speed overall, my guess is that is in the range of pushing 220 MPH at the end of the straight away. Is this too fast? Is this safe? It's been a long time since anybody posted a time over 200 MPH, like over 25 years.

                            And also these were speeds in race trim & not qualifying trim, so it should be very interesting to see how this all shakes out this weeked at MIS.

                            http://www.nascar.com/news/120614/re...ing/index.html
                            I think it will be ok. They got through Pocono just fine, going into turn 1 there would be more dangerous at high speeds than Michigan.
                            sigpic

                            2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                            Comment


                            • Listening to Kevin Harvick talk about it, it's not the speed that's got him worried, but the tire wear. Wouldn't surprise me to see a competition yellow to let teams see how their tires are faring.
                              sigpic

                              Adopted Posters:
                              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                              Adopted By:
                              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                              Broncbeat

                              Comment


                              • Sorry it's not pretty. Copy and paste didn't work.

                                19 at 200+. 40 had faster lap times than the previous track qualifying record of 194.232.

                                New left tire and the heat brought slower speeds. If the tires hold up, I think they'll be fine. IndyCars hit 200+ all the time.

                                Pos Car Qual speed Qual time
                                1 9 Marcos Ambrose Ford 203.241 35.426

                                2 29 Kevin Harvick Chevy 202.037 35.637

                                3 16 Greg Biffle Ford 201.816 35.676

                                4 5 Kasey Kahne Chevy 201.720 35.693

                                5 39 Ryan Newman Chevy 201.472 35.737

                                6 17 Matt Kenseth Ford 201.461 35.739

                                7 21 Trevor Bayne(i) Ford 201.444 35.742

                                8 14 Tony Stewart Chevy 201.370 35.755

                                9 20 Joey Logano Toyota 201.247 35.777

                                10 48 Jimmie Johnson Chevy 201.179 35.789

                                11 11 Denny Hamlin Toyota 200.882 35.842

                                12 78 Regan Smith Chevy 200.725 35.870

                                13 15 Clint Bowyer Toyota 200.686 35.877

                                14 55 Mark Martin Toyota 200.591 35.894

                                15 43 Aric Almirola Ford 200.390 35.930

                                16 56 Martin Truex Jr. Toyota 200.384 35.931

                                17 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevy 200.317 35.943

                                18 27 Paul Menard Chevy 200.133 35.976

                                19 1 Jamie McMurray Chevy 200.111 35.980


                                EDIT: Dumb thing didn't keep the spaces.
                                Administrator

                                Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                                Lupus Awareness

                                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X