X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    well peanut we did pretty good with 3 of 4 & we both missed truex being there
    Yes, we did good. I was really hoping Larson would do better. He's so talented, and unlike the other Kyle, he's a nice guy. -- Busch is a good guy, too. He still has his moments, though.

I know during the year, several people on TV have picked Hamlin to win the championship. I hope they're right. That's who I'm pulling for.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied

Final 4 for the championship:

1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
    2. Hamlin - he is hungry for a title & he is running better each week
    3. Logano - he is the defending champ & he has confidence
    4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

In the end i think either hamlin gets his first or harvick gets a second
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Final 4:

1. Kyle Busch
    2. Denny Hamlin
    3. Harvick
    4. Larson

well peanut we did pretty good with 3 of 4 & we both missed truex being there

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

It all sounds exciting, PA. Getting NASCAR involved should be a big boost for the speedway.

Some news that involves both IndyCar and NASCAR. Penske Corporation just bought IMS and the IndyCar series.

https://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/...indycar-series
    Wow, Penske has some big bucks !
    Thanks Peanut, I hadn't heard yet.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    So there is some big news coming to jennerstown speedway for next season, first if any of you have mavtv & would like to see the airing of the 2nd annual motor mountain masters it will be on at 7 & 10 pm eastern time tomorrow (10-24)...

now the big news - on may 23rd 2020 the nascar whelen modified series is coming, super excited for this & that's not all...

this one hasn't been officially announced yet but it should be soon...on july 4th there is going to be an even bigger late model series coming through the cars racing tour series that is going to have a $20,000 pay to the winner. this is in addition to the motor mountain masters in august.

going to be an awesome season, i can't wait!
    It all sounds exciting, PA. Getting NASCAR involved should be a big boost for the speedway.

Some news that involves both IndyCar and NASCAR. Penske Corporation just bought IMS and the IndyCar series.

https://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/...indycar-series

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    So there is some big news coming to jennerstown speedway for next season, first if any of you have mavtv & would like to see the airing of the 2nd annual motor mountain masters it will be on at 7 & 10 pm eastern time tomorrow (10-24)...

now the big news - on may 23rd 2020 the nascar whelen modified series is coming, super excited for this & that's not all...

this one hasn't been officially announced yet but it should be soon...on july 4th there is going to be an even bigger late model series coming through the cars racing tour series that is going to have a $20,000 pay to the winner. this is in addition to the motor mountain masters in august.

going to be an awesome season, i can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

What a waste of cars

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

After he smacked head on into the wall,
    I thought his day was over.
    Boy was I wrong.
    Congrats kid !!!

That's better than a spin and win.

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I like the Roval; that probably means that the "old traditional" fan of NASCAR doesn't? Not just left turns!
    Happy to see Chase win; my 2nd favorite driver. :thumb:
    I love road courses. I'm a little disappointed with F1 right now, but they go to some beautiful tracks.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    I like the Roval; that probably means that the "old traditional" fan of NASCAR doesn't? Not just left turns!
    Happy to see Chase win; my 2nd favorite driver. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

After he smacked head on into the wall,
    I thought his day was over.
    Boy was I wrong.
    Congrats kid !!!

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied

I see what you did there Peanut, you took Larson over Logano.

We all know how "team orders" go in NASCAR.
    Maybe they try for a while at Daytona or Dega to
    run fords with fords, toys with toys, chevys with chevys
    but once a driver gets separated, he's on his own.
    And then 20 laps to a stage finish or a checker,
    team mates will trade paint to get those points.

I'm more concerned with the small teams that
    are dependent on the big money teams. idk
    Wasn't a radio call intercepted a few years ago ?
    Oh well, today's NASCAR is focused on entertainment.

Larson is more of a wishful thinking kind of thing.

Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
    Speaking of Matty D, hes heading to the Wood Brothers. I'll admit, I have casually followed it since Smoke retired, but Matty D has had me back to looking all the time to see how he's doing. Im definetly going to be buying some Matty D merch for next year. Pretty damn excited for it honestly. Now, back to my regularly scheduled dirt racing
    He's very popular with the other drivers. That impresses me.

Coach Gibbs + TRD = $$$$
    Congrats Coach !!!

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Alright Truex, has and still is my favorite ... big night for JGR!
    It was good to see. TRD has a good driver development program. They haven't always been able to keep them, but they have gone to good teams.

IndyCar at Laguna Seca tomorrow for the final race. Not crazy about the double points (Indy 500, too). Pulling for Newgarden. Don't want Rossi.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Alright Truex, has and still is my favorite ... big night for JGR!

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Coach Gibbs + TRD = $$$$
    Congrats Coach !!!

Leave a comment:

• taz1458
    replied
    Speaking of Matty D, hes heading to the Wood Brothers. I'll admit, I have casually followed it since Smoke retired, but Matty D has had me back to looking all the time to see how he's doing. Im definetly going to be buying some Matty D merch for next year. Pretty damn excited for it honestly. Now, back to my regularly scheduled dirt racing

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Did this quickly (that's my excuse). I will admit, some of it is wishful thinking.

First 4 out:

1. Newman
    2. Bowyer
    3. Almirola
    4. Bowman

Final 4:

1. Kyle Busch
    2. Denny Hamlin
    3. Harvick
    4. Larson

I have the same concerns. Some things happen, unintentionally. Some things I wonder about. In F1, they're really big on "team orders" (which drives me crazy). I just hope it doesn't go that far.
    I see what you did there Peanut, you took Larson over Logano.

We all know how "team orders" go in NASCAR.
    Maybe they try for a while at Daytona or Dega to
    run fords with fords, toys with toys, chevys with chevys
    but once a driver gets separated, he's on his own.
    And then 20 laps to a stage finish or a checker,
    team mates will trade paint to get those points.

I'm more concerned with the small teams that
    are dependent on the big money teams. idk
    Wasn't a radio call intercepted a few years ago ?
    Oh well, today's NASCAR is focused on entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Well it's that time of year again for playoffs, so let's do the predictions shall we...

First 4 out:

1.Newman - he simply doesn't run well enough early on to get satge points
    2. Almirola - started the year off very strong but hasn't run well the past couple months, too inconsistent.
    3. Byron - too inexperienced for the big stage of the playoff pressure
    4. Larson - this may be a bit of a surprise because he can run up front & contend for wins but this team has way too many mistakes & bad finishes & it only takes 1 bad race to seal your fate if you don't go win

Final 4 for the championship:

1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
    2. Hamlin - he is hungry for a title & he is running better each week
    3. Logano - he is the defending champ & he has confidence
    4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

In the end i think either hamlin gets his first or harvick gets a second
    Did this quickly (that's my excuse). I will admit, some of it is wishful thinking.

First 4 out:

1. Newman
    2. Bowyer
    3. Almirola
    4. Bowman

Final 4:

1. Kyle Busch
    2. Denny Hamlin
    3. Harvick
    4. Larson

Bold predictions PA, I have to give you credit for putting them out there up front !!! :thumb:

Vegas always get hyped into a Busch Bro Battle because they are from that area.
    Kurt has a good car but we can never count Kyle out until it's over.
    Bowyer got P1 but we'll see how that shakes out.

My concern, and has been since the playoff system was initiated, is that cars which
    aren't even in the playoffs make "mistakes", sideswipe leaders, blow tires and hit the
    wall; they frequently affect contenders even causing "big ones" knockin out good cars.
    It happens all the time. Untimely cautions that benefit certain cars makes me wonder.

I know we'll never see the old Winston Cup point system again because NASCAR
    makes money off of the playoff hype but it was the best way to run a season.

In the end, you are probably right again PA for the Homestead showdown !!!

"Let's go racin' boys" !!!...(DW)

I have the same concerns. Some things happen, unintentionally. Some things I wonder about. In F1, they're really big on "team orders" (which drives me crazy). I just hope it doesn't go that far.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X