No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Jr at the game tonight (Redskins). We were sitting on the other side of the stadium from him. Hubby thinks he has good taste in teams.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      They penalize Kyle Busch for putting Hornaday into the wall, but say and do nothing when Patrick does the same to Hornish.

Oh, and yay Kyle!
      Agreed. According to them Danica can do no wrong.

Comment

• I'm starting to think that Stewart made a big mistake by letting Darrian Grubb go for Addington, that was yet another disgusting performance on a 1.5 mile track & it's been that way all dam year! meanwhile Hamlin is on fire.

Sure Tony won very early at Vegas & also California which is 2 mile but similar to the 1.5 mile tracks but i'm almost certain they were still using the setups from the end of last season with Grubb & when they were winning everything in sight & then once they started going with new setups with Addington, Stewart has been absolutely atrocious on 1.5 mile tracks.

First came Texas - started 29th - finished 24th - 2 laps down, then Kansas started 24th - finished 13th & then Charlotte - started 21st - finished 25th - 3 laps down and then there was last night at Atlanta, there was high hopes after qualifying on the pole (a very rare thing for him) which usually means he will be very strong in the race & what happened next had me in disbelief.

After biffle led lap 1 stewart takes the lead back until gordon catches him at lap 10 & the rest is history, falling to 15th by the time a caution came out at lap 40 and it just got worse from there, falling off the lead lap several times & winds up finishing 22nd - 1 lap down but without the wave arounds he probably is 5 laps down running with guys like Cassill, Kvapil & Blaney.

No disrespect to them but damnit stewart has no business running back that far laps down with them & as i showed it's been like that almost every 1.5 mile track this year & look what Darrian Grubb & Denny Hamlin are doing lately, i think tony is going to regret his decision to let him go.
        sigpic

Comment

• I think you're right. I hope he doesn't start playing musical CCs. That was one of Bobby Labonte's downfalls.

Tony controls his destiny, though, since he's the boss.
          Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I think you're right. I hope he doesn't start playing musical CCs. That was one of Bobby Labonte's downfalls.

Tony controls his destiny, though, since he's the boss.
            I agree for the most part unless he puts Zippy back up on the box, he is already in the organization i think as competiton director or something along those lines & even though they had some moments, they were together a long time & did some great things together & was always strong on those 1.5 mile tracks.
            sigpic

Comment

• According to Jayski, Kenseth to JGR is official and sounds like Joey to Penske's 22. Sam got royally screwed, in his short time he has out ran what AJ did and what Joey has done his whole career. Big mistake not giving him the car.

Also a new team is going to try and make Richmond. I've checked out their facebook and this is as grass roots as it gets. I think they only have to beat 2 cars to get in but it will be a long shot I think. Here is their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SS-Mot...05703222775834
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                I'm starting to think that Stewart made a big mistake by letting Darrian Grubb go for Addington, that was yet another disgusting performance on a 1.5 mile track & it's been that way all dam year! meanwhile Hamlin is on fire.

Sure Tony won very early at Vegas & also California which is 2 mile but similar to the 1.5 mile tracks but i'm almost certain they were still using the setups from the end of last season with Grubb & when they were winning everything in sight & then once they started going with new setups with Addington, Stewart has been absolutely atrocious on 1.5 mile tracks.

First came Texas - started 29th - finished 24th - 2 laps down, then Kansas started 24th - finished 13th & then Charlotte - started 21st - finished 25th - 3 laps down and then there was last night at Atlanta, there was high hopes after qualifying on the pole (a very rare thing for him) which usually means he will be very strong in the race & what happened next had me in disbelief.

After biffle led lap 1 stewart takes the lead back until gordon catches him at lap 10 & the rest is history, falling to 15th by the time a caution came out at lap 40 and it just got worse from there, falling off the lead lap several times & winds up finishing 22nd - 1 lap down but without the wave arounds he probably is 5 laps down running with guys like Cassill, Kvapil & Blaney.

No disrespect to them but damnit stewart has no business running back that far laps down with them & as i showed it's been like that almost every 1.5 mile track this year & look what Darrian Grubb & Denny Hamlin are doing lately, i think tony is going to regret his decision to let him go.
                Totally agree, you don't fire your crew chief after winning the championship. Jimmie and Chad fight a lot but you think Hendrick is going to split them up? Heck no. Work it out and get back to work. Great chemistry is hard to find in Nascar.
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                  According to Jayski, Kenseth to JGR is official and sounds like Joey to Penske's 22. Sam got royally screwed, in his short time he has out ran what AJ did and what Joey has done his whole career. Big mistake not giving him the car.

Also a new team is going to try and make Richmond. I've checked out their facebook and this is as grass roots as it gets. I think they only have to beat 2 cars to get in but it will be a long shot I think. Here is their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SS-Mot...05703222775834
                  From the FB page:
                  "SS Motorsports is officially number "0". We came from nothing...we built a race team with nothing...and we're gonna show 'em we can compete door to door with 'em with nothing!!"

I hope they do well. Good pictures, too. How to build a race car.
                  Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• I was hoping Joey Would have accepted the full time nationwide gig in the 18. Of course if he did he would easily break Kyles 51 win record and I'm not cool with that. That 18 car is the strongest nationwide car out there. They just have to put the right driver in it.

Comment

Saw Jr at the game tonight (Redskins). We were sitting on the other side of the stadium from him. Hubby thinks he has good taste in teams.
                      AS in DALE JR??? OMG, I have never been envious of anyone EVAR, yet..... wow, I'm jelly.
                      sigpic
                      2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• What a race! I was pulling for Kyle. Too bad it couldn't have been Kyle and Gordon and leave Kahn out.

Originally posted by BC32Falcons513 View Post
                        I was hoping Joey Would have accepted the full time nationwide gig in the 18. Of course if he did he would easily break Kyles 51 win record and I'm not cool with that. That 18 car is the strongest nationwide car out there. They just have to put the right driver in it.
                        Hi! Welcome to the boards. Good to see another race fan.

Joey's good in NW. I'm hoping it'll eventually carry over to Cup.

Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
                        AS in DALE JR??? OMG, I have never been envious of anyone EVAR, yet..... wow, I'm jelly.
                        Yes, that Jr. I'll make you feel better. There was a football field and glass between us (I think he was in the owner's box). I've been closer to him when he's been in a car going around Dover. I just thought it was cool that we were in the same stadium.
                        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

What a race! I was pulling for Kyle. Too bad it couldn't have been Kyle and Gordon and leave Kahn out.

Hi! Welcome to the boards. Good to see another race fan.

Joey's good in NW. I'm hoping it'll eventually carry over to Cup.
                          thanks Peanut. It's hard to go somewhere and talk NASCAR and not get bashed for being a Kyle Busch fan. I'm not going to complain about him not getting in, it is what it is but I think you should have at least 1 win to make the chase regardless of how good you do. I mean that was part of the point for this chase thing was to promote drivers to get more wins. Busch's problem this year other than the blown engines was Joe Gibbs. Gibbs wanted Kyle to scale back in the amount of races he competed in and look how well that turned out.

Comment

• Well now that the chase is upon us how bout some predictions (all 3 or 4 of us in here ha ha!) who will bring home the cup in 2012?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              Well now that the chase is upon us how bout some predictions (all 3 or 4 of us in here ha ha!) who will bring home the cup in 2012?
                              Kyle Busch.

Not Jimmy. Not Harvick. Not Kenseth. Not Biffle.

You won't like my answer, but I'm kind of pulling for Jr. Be his own racer (man), not just his father's son (if that makes sense).

I think it'd be great if MWR won. I wouldn't mind Tony. I have to pick one?

Jr.
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• I really think this is Smoke's to win.

No one can beat him but himself, but unfortunately he's pretty good at that.
                                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X