No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad got two free tickets to Kansas so I'll be there next week!!! So Excited!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      Yeah i thought about that for a bit after i heard the news & would he actually do that? I don't know for sure, i want to say no but i guess you never know.

What excatly would he be trying to accomplish is the real question because he is the sport's biggest star by far & when he speaks nascar tends to listen but i just don't think there is any real solution to the problem outside of cutting the banking like you said & i can't see that happening since both tracks have been repaved in the past 5 years.

Taking the plates off is most likely never going to happen because speeds would be way too high & unsafe. I don't know if maybe they could somehow reduce the horsepower so much to the point they could take the plates off.

Or maybe one other possible answer could be if they could get a tire that flat out wears out so fast that handling becomes a factor & spreads them out just a bit.
      Can we say Brickyard?

I know, not what you meant.

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      My dad got two free tickets to Kansas so I'll be there next week!!! So Excited!!!
      Yay for you! Enjoy!!

EDIT: Just saw Jr on SC. No conspiracy theory. It sounds legit. 2 concussions in 4-5 weeks. Props to him for making the right decision.
      Last edited by Peanut; 10-11-2012, 11:52 PM.
      Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• It's going to be wierd getting to go to a nascar race and having Jr not racing...
        sigpic

Comment

• I like the 36-6-1 format better. Let the fastest cars race. Unique idea.

NASCAR announces qualifying changes for 2013: UPDATE: NASCAR announced a number of competition changes for the 2013 season, highlighted by a new qualifying format in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series that places a greater emphasis on speed.
          Qualifying Format In The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
          In NASCAR Sprint Cup competition, the series will move to a 36-6-1 format where the fastest 36 cars will make the race on speed. The next six highest ranking cars in owners points that have not already earned a starting position through qualifying and who have entered the event by the posted entry deadline will also make the field. The final starting position will be awarded to the most recent eligible past champion driver. If there is no eligible past champion driver, then a seventh car will make the field based upon owners' points. Provisional positions in the 36-6-1 format will be lined up by owners' points, not speed.

In 2013, the qualifying order for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events will return to a random draw. However, in the event qualifying is canceled due to rain, the field will be set per the rule book and the starting lineup will continue to be determined by practice speeds.

Additionally, provisional positions in the NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will be based upon the previous year's owner points for the first three races, as opposed to the first five races in previous years for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and four races for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.

Maximum Field Set At 40 Cars For NASCAR Nationwide Series
          In an effort to strengthen the ownership base up and create a sense of urgency among teams to make races, the maximum starting field for the NASCAR Nationwide Series will be set at 40, as opposed to the 43-car field in previous years. A maximum NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starting field will remain at 43 cars while the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will hold steady at 36.(NASCAR)(10-16-2012)
          Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            I like the 36-6-1 format better. Let the fastest cars race. Unique idea.
            That'll change again the first time someone popular like Gordon or Jr has a bad qualifying and misses the race (gordon was in the back half of points earlier in the year so it is possible)
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              That'll change again the first time someone popular like Gordon or Jr has a bad qualifying and misses the race (gordon was in the back half of points earlier in the year so it is possible)
              Nah, i don't think this will have much effect at all because even if somebody like that has a bad qualifying run it goes to points after the fastest 36 & it's highly unlikely any of the top drivers would be mired that far down in the points to not make it.

They would almost have to be lower than like 40th in points to not get a spot & there is also the past champions provisional to fall back on for some like stewart, johnson & gordon in the event of something so bizarre that they would be that low in points.

I just don't see this having any impact on the top teams, i can only think of one possible scenario that could cause a big name to miss a race & that would be if say Jr. would blow a motor on lap 1 of the Daytona 500, so he is 43rd in points & then goes to the next race & hits the wall in qualifying.

I guess it could happen but that's asking for alot of crazy things to go wrong.
              sigpic

Comment

Nah, i don't think this will have much effect at all because even if somebody like that has a bad qualifying run it goes to points after the fastest 36 & it's highly unlikely any of the top drivers would be mired that far down in the points to not make it.

They would almost have to be lower than like 40th in points to not get a spot & there is also the past champions provisional to fall back on for some like stewart, johnson & gordon in the event of something so bizarre that they would be that low in points.

I just don't see this having any impact on the top teams, i can only think of one possible scenario that could cause a big name to miss a race & that would be if say Jr. would blow a motor on lap 1 of the Daytona 500, so he is 43rd in points & then goes to the next race & hits the wall in qualifying.

I guess it could happen but that's asking for alot of crazy things to go wrong.
                I would assume for that situation it would go off previous years points for first 6 races as it does now? I dunno I haven't payed close attention to it. I guess my point was stuff happens, Johnson has bad seasons where he started the year mired in points as has gordon, JR and other popular drivers, it's not at all out of the question that one of them could have a string of bad luck and then a bad qualifying run. It happens.

If nothing else Labonte may miss a race or two once his championship provisional is gone.
                sigpic

Comment

• Well I'm KC bound! Amazingly I have two extra tickets to the race that I couldn't even give away....crazy....Enjoy the race today everyone! I know I will!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• that was a blast! best part of the race was Kyle wrecking right in front of me twice! (sorry peanut)
                    sigpic

Comment

• Another fast car and another motor problem. Toyota is getting on my nerves to say the least. Also it was funny watching Danica wreck herself and Landon's comment on it.
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                        Another fast car and another motor problem. Toyota is getting on my nerves to say the least. Also it was funny watching Danica wreck herself and Landon's comment on it.
                        Waaanica patrick always cracks me up...It's a shame the sport can't get a female driver actually capable of driving....There has to be some female driver somewhere in the world that can do it...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          that was a blast! best part of the race was Kyle wrecking right in front of me twice! (sorry peanut)

Glad you had a good time.

Waaanica patrick always cracks me up...It's a shame the sport can't get a female driver actually capable of driving....There has to be some female driver somewhere in the world that can do it...
                          There might have been some in the past, but because of the "climate" of the sport, didn't make it.

Sarah Fisher was good, until her accident. Seemed like she lost her nerve after that.

There was so much hype when Patrick came up from Indy Lights. About her talent, not her marketability. She has the best of equipment, great CCs, crews, the best of opportunities. It does seem like she would be doing better. Look at the Dillion brothers. Kind of make you wonder if she was hired because of her marketability or her talent, doesn't it? Part of me thinks she can drive, she just has a lot to learn.
                          Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• Wow! What a crazy final part of the race, that was one heck of a fight that broke out between Bowyer's team & Gordon's team & then to see Bowyer running to find Jeff was too funny. Where has this stuff been all year?

And before any of that even happened Jimmie smacks the wall & puts the Cup in Brad's lap so to speak, unless Brad has a problem then it's all but over & i won't complain one bit even though i don't care for Keselowski much, it still beats Johnson winning another title. :thumb:

Oh yeah, look for Bowyer to look for Gordon next week seeing he has now been eliminated. Good stuff for once even if it took until the end of the season. :clap:
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Glad you had a good time.

There might have been some in the past, but because of the "climate" of the sport, didn't make it.

Sarah Fisher was good, until her accident. Seemed like she lost her nerve after that.

There was so much hype when Patrick came up from Indy Lights. About her talent, not her marketability. She has the best of equipment, great CCs, crews, the best of opportunities. It does seem like she would be doing better. Look at the Dillion brothers. Kind of make you wonder if she was hired because of her marketability or her talent, doesn't it? Part of me thinks she can drive, she just has a lot to learn.
                              I'll tell you one thing for sure that woman is SHOOOOOOOOORRRRTT Holy cow she is barely tall enough to look over the top of the car and if you have ever seen those cars before you'd know how short and low to the ground they are...I'm amazed they don't have to put a phonebook under her every week to prop her up.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wow! What a crazy final part of the race, that was one heck of a fight that broke out between Bowyer's team & Gordon's team & then to see Bowyer running to find Jeff was too funny. Where has this stuff been all year?

And before any of that even happened Jimmie smacks the wall & puts the Cup in Brad's lap so to speak, unless Brad has a problem then it's all but over & i won't complain one bit even though i don't care for Keselowski much, it still beats Johnson winning another title. :thumb:

Oh yeah, look for Bowyer to look for Gordon next week seeing he has now been eliminated. Good stuff for once even if it took until the end of the season. :clap:
                                That race put our dinner on hold.

I agree about Jimmie and Brad. Instead of saying "Go Brad", I say "Go Penske!".

Bowyer has no room to complain.

Last race could be the best race.

I'll tell you one thing for sure that woman is SHOOOOOOOOORRRRTT Holy cow she is barely tall enough to look over the top of the car and if you have ever seen those cars before you'd know how short and low to the ground they are...I'm amazed they don't have to put a phonebook under her every week to prop her up.
                                Patrick? She's like 5'2", I thought. I didn't think that was so short.

Perspective, I guess. My mom was like 4'10". I'm 5'5".
                                Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

Working...
                                X