No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want Brad to win just so Dodge can explain again why they are leaving Nascar. Also Nascar should have thrown the caution at the end. Tore up a lot of good cars for no reason. Oh and Gordon is a punk, its one thing to take out Bowyer but he completely destoryed Joey as well. I hope Joey pays him back lol
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• I saw an interview with Brad. I was wondering what he was so upset about.

NASCAR Issues Penalties From Sunday's Event at Phoenix: NASCAR announced penalties to three teams that compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions at Phoenix International Raceway.
      Jeff Gordon, driver of the #24 car, was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)  altercation with another competitor on the race track during the race  and has been fined $100,000, docked 25 championship driver points and put on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. Rick Hendrick, owner of the #24 car, has also been penalized with the loss of 25 championship owner points. Alan Gustafson, crew chief of the #24 car, also was found to be in violation of Section 9-4A (at all events, crew chief assumes responsibility of his driver, car owner and team members) and has been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
      Brian Pattie, crew chief of the #15 car, violated Sections 12-1 and 9-4A and has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
      Brad Keselowski, driver of the #2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 and 20-6.7A (cars and drivers will not be permitted to carry onboard computers, automated electronic recording devices, electronically actuated devices, power distribution modules, power conditioners, micro-processors, recording devices, electronic digital memory chips, traction control devices, digital readout gauges and the like, even if inoperable or incomplete)  driver had a cell phone in his possession onboard the race car. All of these violations occurred during the Nov. 11 event at PIR.
      Statement From Robin Pemberton, NASCAR Vice President of Competition: "Following a thorough analysis of the actions that took place during Sunday's race at Phoenix International Raceway, we have issued penalties based upon our review. The decisions announced today cover NASCAR's full assessment of penalties for the incidents that occurred. There's no doubt that a unique set of circumstances combined with a championship battle on the line resulted in raw emotions coming into play. We consider the penalties appropriate and those involved understand our decision and we expect them to abide by them."(NASCAR)(11-12-2012)
      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• This should be an interesting race.

Possible Truck Series race on the dirt at Eldora UPDATE2: NASCAR may be considering adding a dirt race at Eldora Speedway to its Truck Series schedule. Multiple sources within the series said they've been told a dirt track could be added to the schedule in 2013. Sources also said a Richard Childress Racing truck was prepared for a test at Eldora, owned by three-time Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart. The test was scheduled to take place Monday or Tuesday, the sources said. Officials at Eldora could not be reached for comment. Stewart has been asking NASCAR to add a race at his half-mile track in Rossburg, Ohio, for several years. It is the site of his annual Prelude to the Dream charity event. NASCAR officials declined to address specifically whether Eldora was under consideration for a truck race, but the series is looking at potential venues it hasn't been to before. "We've made several site visits over the past few months to look at possible future venues for our Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series," spokesman Kerry Tharp said on Tuesday. "We expect the 2013 schedules for both of those series to be finished up and released within the next couple of weeks."(ESPN.com)(10-17-2012) UPDATE: Stewart comments: "The rumor about the Trucks, trust me I would be ecstatic if we could get any NASCAR race at Eldora that would be great. I have talked to NASCAR they have been looking at all kinds of different tracks. It has been brought up in conversation but that is about as far as it has come right now."(Team Chevy Racing PR)(10-19-2012)
        UPDATE2: The NASCAR Truck Series will race next season on the half-mile dirt track at Eldora Speedway near Rossburg, Ohio, multiple sources confirmed. An official announcement of the move could come as early as Wednesday. The race would be the first on dirt for any of NASCAR's three national series  Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Trucks - in its "modern era." The track, owned by Cup driver #14-Tony Stewart, does not have energy-absorbing SAFER barriers installed and no permanent medical facility on property. Sources said NASCAR is expected to waive its policy  adapted beginning in 2005  that SAFER barriers be installed at all oval tracks hosting its three national series. Why NASCAR is willing to make an exception in this case is unclear.(Charlotte Observer)(11-13-2012)
        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          This should be an interesting race.

Possible Truck Series race on the dirt at Eldora UPDATE2: NASCAR may be considering adding a dirt race at Eldora Speedway to its Truck Series schedule. Multiple sources within the series said they've been told a dirt track could be added to the schedule in 2013. Sources also said a Richard Childress Racing truck was prepared for a test at Eldora, owned by three-time Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart. The test was scheduled to take place Monday or Tuesday, the sources said. Officials at Eldora could not be reached for comment. Stewart has been asking NASCAR to add a race at his half-mile track in Rossburg, Ohio, for several years. It is the site of his annual Prelude to the Dream charity event. NASCAR officials declined to address specifically whether Eldora was under consideration for a truck race, but the series is looking at potential venues it hasn't been to before. "We've made several site visits over the past few months to look at possible future venues for our Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series," spokesman Kerry Tharp said on Tuesday. "We expect the 2013 schedules for both of those series to be finished up and released within the next couple of weeks."(ESPN.com)(10-17-2012) UPDATE: Stewart comments: "The rumor about the Trucks, trust me I would be ecstatic if we could get any NASCAR race at Eldora that would be great. I have talked to NASCAR they have been looking at all kinds of different tracks. It has been brought up in conversation but that is about as far as it has come right now."(Team Chevy Racing PR)(10-19-2012)
          UPDATE2: The NASCAR Truck Series will race next season on the half-mile dirt track at Eldora Speedway near Rossburg, Ohio, multiple sources confirmed. An official announcement of the move could come as early as Wednesday. The race would be the first on dirt for any of NASCAR's three national series Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Trucks - in its "modern era." The track, owned by Cup driver #14-Tony Stewart, does not have energy-absorbing SAFER barriers installed and no permanent medical facility on property. Sources said NASCAR is expected to waive its policy adapted beginning in 2005 that SAFER barriers be installed at all oval tracks hosting its three national series. Why NASCAR is willing to make an exception in this case is unclear.(Charlotte Observer)(11-13-2012)
          The trucks on DIRT is going to be insane. Kind of crappy they are overlooking the safer barrier and infield medical center thing though. Kind of sends a mixed message that we have high standards for our tracks unless they are owned by Tony Stewart
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            The trucks on DIRT is going to be insane. Kind of crappy they are overlooking the safer barrier and infield medical center thing though. Kind of sends a mixed message that we have high standards for our tracks unless they are owned by Tony Stewart
            I thought that was odd, too. They don't have a permanent medical facility. I'm sure they'll put up something. A tent?

SAFER barriers...Could be because it's half a mile. They won't be going that fast (And, they're trucks). Also, on dirt. That would cut more speed. Maybe they'll put something up between now and the race?
            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

That race put our dinner on hold.

I agree about Jimmie and Brad. Instead of saying "Go Brad", I say "Go Penske!".

Bowyer has no room to complain.

Last race could be the best race.

Patrick? She's like 5'2", I thought. I didn't think that was so short.

Perspective, I guess. My mom was like 4'10". I'm 5'5".
              Well when you see her next to someone like Bowyer or Lagano she's an absolute midget (though those guys are fairly tall anyway) she's really not that short for a nascar driver (most of them are short like Bobby for example) It's just funny seeing her talkin to someone on the other side of the car and barely being tall enough to see over.

5'2 isn't overly short for a female but when you see here in comparison it's just humorus.
              sigpic

Comment

• Just want to say I hate the idea of putting sponsor logos on the roof, looks so ugly
                sigpic

Comment

• CBS better switch to my game or unlock the channel direct tv
                  sigpic

Comment

• Congrats to Penske! He waited a long time for this.

Oh, and to Brad, too.
                    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

Congrats to Penske! He waited a long time for this.

Oh, and to Brad, too.
                      Yup, happy for Roger but still think he is making a mistake putting Joey in the 22 instead of leaving Sam in it. What do you think of the new cars for next year. I think its awesome that they look like the show room cars agian. I hate that sponsor logo on the roof though, thats going to drive me insane
                      sigpic

Comment

• I wish my boy Jimmie could have gotten number 6.
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yup, happy for Roger but still think he is making a mistake putting Joey in the 22 instead of leaving Sam in it. What do you think of the new cars for next year. I think its awesome that they look like the show room cars agian. I hate that sponsor logo on the roof though, thats going to drive me insane
                          Na Joey has a ton more talent than Sam, Hornish isn't bad but I think Lagano has the potential to be one of the best in the sport with just a bit more time (he is still VERY young)
                          sigpic

Comment

I just looked at some new images of the cars. I didn't see any with the logo on the roof. I'll have to check later.

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            Na Joey has a ton more talent than Sam, Hornish isn't bad but I think Lagano has the potential to be one of the best in the sport with just a bit more time (he is still VERY young)
                            I like Hornish and I think he did a great job stepping in. I agree, though, that Logano has more potential. Some think he's been overrated but I think he'll do good.

How about this? They're changing the age back to 16. That's kind of scary.

I wonder how Kyle Busch feels about it? If my memory is correct, the year he came into NASCAR was the year they made it 18 (because of him). He ended having to sit out a couple of years.

NASCAR annouces lower minimum age for trucks: During the annual "state of the sport" address at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Steve O'Donnell, Vice President of Racing Operations, made the following statement as he announced that the minimum age requirement for the Camping World Truck Series would be lowered from 18 to 16. "One of the things I think that was evident to everybody was the influx of young talent that we've got coming up through the ranks," said O'Donnell. "We announced previously an age limit change in the tours where we went to 15, and based on the opportunities for a lot of young drivers out there that are coming up through our system faster and faster, you're seeing it in the tours, you're seeing it in our Drive for Diversity program. We're going to move the age restrictions that currently exists for the trucks from 18 down to 16, and that rule will be in place for road courses and any tracks 1.1 mile or less."(NASCAR IMC)(11-18-2012)
                            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

I like Hornish and I think he did a great job stepping in. I agree, though, that Logano has more potential. Some think he's been overrated but I think he'll do good.

How about this? They're changing the age back to 16. That's kind of scary.

I wonder how Kyle Busch feels about it? If my memory is correct, the year he came into NASCAR was the year they made it 18 (because of him). He ended having to sit out a couple of years.
                              I also think Hornish did well all things considered, just being thrown back in the car in the middle of the season, that was kind of unfair to him but i guess you take any shot you can.

As for the age stuff, i don't really think it's that big of a deal outside the fact of maybe a maturity issue but heck we let kids start driving at age 16 out on the highway with the rest of us & that is a far more scary thought than them on the track.

On a side note, anybdy watch the awards ceremony last night? I think they have really made a mess out of the whole thing with all these celeberties getting involved as host & guest speakers, most of them don't have a clue what they are even saying or talking about.

I think they should let those involved in the sport on a weekly basis be a part of these awards, guys like kenny wallace & kyle petty or someone like bob dilner or wendy venturini who is in the garage all the time & actually know something about the sport.

Another problem i have with the whole setup is how they won't allow anyone to just go up there on the podium & just talk & say things natural, they all read of the stupid tele-prompter & it sure does show & i think it makes them all look stupid, i'd rather hear them say how they feel not read off some monitor.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Watching something on Hendrick's 200th win.
                                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X