No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well i've seen the logo on the roof and its not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Jayski made it look huge in their "blueprint* for lack of a better term. Still think its unecessary but whatever I guess lol
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Here is some info on the changes to the cars as well as the roof logo and drivers name on the windshield.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/12/...igns-for-2013/
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• Well it's that time of year, racing is back!! And i see it took them all of about 10 minutes into the first practice of the year to crash

Well never the less i'm ready for some action tonight & of course the big one next week. Is this the year Smoke finally wins the 500? Man i hope so, it's really starting to seem like how it was for Dale Sr. when it took him 20 years, this will be Stewart's 15th try for it & i really hope he can win it.

Well let's hope for a good one tonight & again glad it's back to take my mind off how such an awesome bronco season ended so bitterly.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          Well it's that time of year, racing is back!! And i see it took them all of about 10 minutes into the first practice of the year to crash

Well never the less i'm ready for some action tonight & of course the big one next week. Is this the year Smoke finally wins the 500? Man i hope so, it's really starting to seem like how it was for Dale Sr. when it took him 20 years, this will be Stewart's 15th try for it & i really hope he can win it.

Well let's hope for a good one tonight & again glad it's back to take my mind off how such an awesome bronco season ended so bitterly.
          I hope it helps.

The website I had been using for TV broadcast scheduling is no longer there. I found another one. They list all forms of racing (on wheels, that is). I think it's great, since I like open-wheel and other forms of racing.

http://tvracer.com/
          Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Another speedweeks, another round of morons crashing Mark. Hopefully the 500 goes better than the shootout did
            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Congrats to Patrick and team.
              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                Another speedweeks, another round of morons crashing Mark. Hopefully the 500 goes better than the shootout did
                personally I thought it was boring...I hope this isn't what we have to look forward with this new car...Last season got so boring I almost quit watching and if it's going to be another year of unexciting racing I may have to find a better use of my sundays.
                sigpic

Comment

Shoot out was kinda boring.
                  Quals weren't that boring.
                  Showcased the drivers. I never would have known about Dan and Sten lol.
                  Kyle looked a bit chubby; kudos to all the drivers that ran the 1/2 marathon this morning.
                  I was able to catch up with team changes/motors/drivers/crew chiefs/new rules etc.
                  Clint Bowyer had me cracking up in the Hollywood Hotel.
                  I finally figured out who Clint sounds like; Woody Harrelson.
                  ~~~
                  Between the Jimmy Johnson, Brad Keselowski and Clint Bowyer "new" car commercials, Clint's was the best.
                  Jimmy's "new car smell" was ok.
                  Brad taking photos of himself then popping the hood and sticking his phone inside real quick was funny.
                  Clint got me with his line after the salesman went to get the "keys".
                  ~~~
                  They played all of those commercials too many times imo lol.
                  The one they really played too many times was the SB Bud/Clydesdale commercial.
                  Wish they would stop playing that one; It makes me cry.
                  ~~~
                  I'm going to reserve judgement on the Gen 6 car for a while.
                  At least it's not so much a box. I really didn't like the box car.
                  Pretty good speeds for restrictor plate racing.
                  If they can't bump draft like a freight train, I like that.
                  Areos are a lot different, someone said today that it is hard to turn left in front of them.
                  We'll see.
                  ~~~
                  Now that the shoot out is over and after the Duals this week, I hope these drivers learn enough to take it to the 500.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    Congrats to Patrick and team.
                    Yeah good for her i guess, it is a big deal to get the pole for this race because of the format for qualifying & having bragging rights for a whole week but it was just one lap & i'm not sure if she can hang up front the whole race, if she can do that then i will be impressed.

The bigger question i have is if it came down to the final laps & she is running 2nd or 3rd behind Tony would she try to pass him & go for the win or does she try to push him to the win?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Shoot out was kinda boring.
                      Quals weren't that boring.
                      Showcased the drivers. I never would have known about Dan and Sten lol.
                      Kyle looked a bit chubby; kudos to all the drivers that ran the 1/2 marathon this morning.
                      I was able to catch up with team changes/motors/drivers/crew chiefs/new rules etc.
                      Clint Bowyer had me cracking up in the Hollywood Hotel.
                      I finally figured out who Clint sounds like; Woody Harrelson.
                      ~~~
                      Between the Jimmy Johnson, Brad Keselowski and Clint Bowyer "new" car commercials, Clint's was the best.
                      Jimmy's "new car smell" was ok.
                      Brad taking photos of himself then popping the hood and sticking his phone inside real quick was funny.
                      Clint got me with his line after the salesman went to get the "keys".
                      ~~~
                      They played all of those commercials too many times imo lol.
                      The one they really played too many times was the SB Bud/Clydesdale commercial.
                      Wish they would stop playing that one; It makes me cry.
                      ~~~
                      I'm going to reserve judgement on the Gen 6 car for a while.
                      At least it's not so much a box. I really didn't like the box car.
                      Pretty good speeds for restrictor plate racing.
                      If they can't bump draft like a freight train, I like that.
                      Areos are a lot different, someone said today that it is hard to turn left in front of them.
                      We'll see.
                      ~~~
                      Now that the shoot out is over and after the Duals this week, I hope these drivers learn enough to take it to the 500.

Good stuff. I had quals on but just listened to it. I'm working into racing mode.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      Yeah good for her i guess, it is a big deal to get the pole for this race because of the format for qualifying & having bragging rights for a whole week but it was just one lap & i'm not sure if she can hang up front the whole race, if she can do that then i will be impressed.

The bigger question i have is if it came down to the final laps & she is running 2nd or 3rd behind Tony would she try to pass him & go for the win or does she try to push him to the win?
                      She (they) made history today. Got to give her props for that.

My question is, if she's up front at the end, will they (Tony and JR) just follow her and not attempt a pass (kind of like Michael Waltrip's win)? "Let" her win? Her win in IndyCar, I swear Castroneves almost pulled over to let her by. He was a half a lap plus ahead of her and in less than a lap she flies past him. I have looked for footage of that race so that I could see it again (the last 5 laps or so) and have never been able to find it. Which I find very odd. Unless I just haven't looked in the right places.

Anyway, I hope it's a safe race for everyone.
                      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

My question is, if she's up front at the end, will they (Tony and JR) just follow her and not attempt a pass (kind of like Michael Waltrip's win)? "Let" her win? Her win in IndyCar, I swear Castroneves almost pulled over to let her by. He was a half a lap plus ahead of her and in less than a lap she flies past him. I have looked for footage of that race so that I could see it again (the last 5 laps or so) and have never been able to find it. Which I find very odd. Unless I just haven't looked in the right places.

Listening to ESPN, you'd think that Danica won the 500 and the championship in 1 lap. What really bothers me is that if people did a little bit of research, they'd find out that there have been some female racers who have actually been very successful at the highest levels.

Shirley Muldowney, The First Lady of Drag Racing. 3 time Top Fuel racing champion from 1974 - 1982, an era in which women in racing didn't really get any support. "She went against all odds. They didn't want her to race Top Fuel, the association, the racers, nobody...just Shirley." - Don Garlits
                        "NHRA fought me every inch of the way, but when they saw how a girl could fill the stands, they saw it was good for the sport." - Shirley

Angelle Sampey - 3 straight NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Championships from 2000 - 2002.

Other women who have been successful:

Melanie Troxel
                        Ashley Hood
                        Courtney Force

And none of them had to do a racy GoDaddy commercial to boost their fame.
                        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                        Adopted By:
                        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                        Broncbeat

Comment

Good stuff. I had quals on but just listened to it. I'm working into racing mode.

I think Danica did a great job of putting a big dent in Go-Daddy's fat wallet.
                          She made tons of money, good for her !
                          Danica didn't need to boost her fame, at least not in the racing world.
                          ~~~
                          Castro said it was a fuel strategy race and he was saving fuel when she got by him; won by 5+ sec.
                          http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351847,00.html

Here's a different outcome of a fuel strategy race for rookie J.R. Hildebrand :

...oooops

~~~
                          Something I meant to mention yesterday at the quals: that ghost cam is awesome !!!
                          ~~~

Definitely props to Danica and her team, she ran a great line and hit her marks.
                          But like Thor says, that was only one lap with no distractions.
                          Once that green flag drops on Sunday it will be a real long day for all the drivers.
                          I know that Ryan Newman has won a Daytona 500 and I know that Tony has not.
                          If those two were together on the last lap, they would wreck each other to get the checker.
                          I don't think any driver will let her win especially not Smoke, boss or no boss....we'll see....
                          She has the respect of most NASCAR folks but I think she will have to continue to earn it.

Personally, I think that Danika will have a similar career start like Montoya is still having.
                          To me, it is a bit of a stretch to consider that she will be up with the front on the last lap.
                          But that's just me.

Anyway, I hope it's a safe race for everyone too !

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                            Listening to ESPN, you'd think that Danica won the 500 and the championship in 1 lap. What really bothers me is that if people did a little bit of research, they'd find out that there have been some female racers who have actually been very successful at the highest levels.

Shirley Muldowney, The First Lady of Drag Racing. 3 time Top Fuel racing champion from 1974 - 1982, an era in which women in racing didn't really get any support. "She went against all odds. They didn't want her to race Top Fuel, the association, the racers, nobody...just Shirley." - Don Garlits
                            "NHRA fought me every inch of the way, but when they saw how a girl could fill the stands, they saw it was good for the sport." - Shirley

Angelle Sampey - 3 straight NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Championships from 2000 - 2002.

Melanie Troxel
                            Ashley Hood
                            Courtney Force

Thank you for this post.

It's mainly the media that bothers me. Just like the early hype with Jr.

I can kind of see why she would do that type of commercials. She has the opportunity, why not take advantage of it, you know? But, don't go complaining that you don't want the "sexy" image. I heard that last year and it was like, Really? Unless she was misquoted and I missed it.

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I think Danica did a great job of putting a big dent in Go-Daddy's fat wallet.
                            She made tons of money, good for her !
                            Danica didn't need to boost her fame, at least not in the racing world.
                            ~~~
                            Castro said it was a fuel strategy race and he was saving fuel when she got by him; won by 5+ sec.
                            http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351847,00.html

Here's a different outcome of a fuel strategy race for rookie J.R. Hildebrand :

...oooops

~~~
                            Something I meant to mention yesterday at the quals: that ghost cam is awesome !!!
                            ~~~

Definitely props to Danica and her team, she ran a great line and hit her marks.
                            But like Thor says, that was only one lap with no distractions.
                            Once that green flag drops on Sunday it will be a real long day for all the drivers.
                            I know that Ryan Newman has won a Daytona 500 and I know that Tony has not.
                            If those two were together on the last lap, they would wreck each other to get the checker.
                            I don't think any driver will let her win especially not Smoke, boss or no boss....we'll see....
                            She has the respect of most NASCAR folks but I think she will have to continue to earn it.

Personally, I think that Danika will have a similar career start like Montoya is still having.
                            To me, it is a bit of a stretch to consider that she will be up with the front on the last lap.
                            But that's just me.

Anyway, I hope it's a safe race for everyone too !

Thanks for the links. I don't remember them talking about fuel strategy, just the visual of how fast she caught and passed him.

I guess the "conspiracy" enters my mind because of what it would do for NASCAR for her to win. As they just said on SportsCenter, her pole is "the talk of the racing world".

I agree. Love the ghost cam.
                            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post

Melanie Troxel
                              Ashley Hood
                              Courtney Force

Speaking of women in the racing world and making history, anyone heard about this gal ?
                              Quite an awesome story !

Female in the pits:

“She's perfectly fine proving herself at lower rungs along the way, however, she may not have to. She was expected to be on Cobb's crew for the entire Camping World Truck season, but Wednesday Michael Waltrip Racing announced it had signed her as a full-time crew member for its Sprint Cup operation.”

More: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-...170207111.html

Which one of Michael’s car teams she will be working with ?

Comment

• I'm taking off early today (w/pay) to watch the twin 125's.

Comment

Working...
                                X