NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raiderfan76 View Post
    I'm taking off early today (w/pay) to watch the twin 125's.

Lol I use a vacation day every year, can't miss the duels. When i was in school, I wasn't at school on duel day either lol
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Chance if rain for tomorrow has went up from 30% to now 60%.

I hope it doesn't rain. I sat at the track for 9 hrs on Sunday last year, I really don't wanna do that again. But if it comes to it that the race gets moved to Monday again, ill still be there.
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
        Chance if rain for tomorrow has went up from 30% to now 60%.

I hope it doesn't rain. I sat at the track for 9 hrs on Sunday last year, I really don't wanna do that again. But if it comes to it that the race gets moved to Monday again, ill still be there.
        I love rain, but not on race days.

NW race: Wow. I hope everyone is okay. Another reason not to sit close to the track.

Props to Tony for that interview. He has his priorities right.
        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          I love rain, but not on race days.

NW race: Wow. I hope everyone is okay. Another reason not to sit close to the track.

Props to Tony for that interview. He has his priorities right.
          Yeah that was one scary crash & i hope everyone in the stands is ok because that was an extremely dangerous situation.

And your right about Tony, he always is a class act when it comes to things like that, he may have his moments of anger & frustration & he lets it show alot of the time but that's just who he is, he stands up for what he believes in & he voices his opinion & speaks his mind which is what i like about him but also how he cares as well.

On a side note, that was his 7th win in the Nationwide series at Daytona tying him with the great Dale Sr. & perhaps even more impressive is the fact it was the 6th time in the last 7. :clap: The man knows how to get around that place.
          sigpic

Comment

• wow that was scary, my wife posted a video on facebook that was from someone in the stands right near where the tire hit. That would be terrifying! I seriously hope everyone involved is ok!

I'd post the video here but obviously it contains profanity (I'd probably swear if someone just got hit by a tire!) I shared it on my facebook for those who have me on facebook.
            Last edited by Freyaka; 02-23-2013, 07:40 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              wow that was scary, my wife posted a video on facebook that was from someone in the stands right near where the tire hit. That would be terrifying! I seriously hope everyone involved is ok!

I'd post the video here but obviously it contains profanity (I'd probably swear if someone just got hit by a tire!) I shared it on my facebook for those who have me on facebook.
              I saw the video too and just glad nobody died. Nascar really needs to investigate ways to make these fences safer
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                I saw the video too and just glad nobody died. Nascar really needs to investigate ways to make these fences safer
                At the same time the vast majority of the debris was contained by the fence. The engine didn't travel much past the fence and the tire was thrown over it.

The fence did it's job but it was just a very violent crash (the second one of this nature that has been the fault of Brad K.....)
                sigpic

Comment

• Less then sox laps to go.
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Jimmie!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• I hope Jimmie keeps this up.

sigpic

Comment

• I'm sorry but i just have to say how i feel about that race, and that is just awful & it really has nothing to to with Stewart being out way too soon, because i sat & watched the rest of the race & it was a bunch of garbage.

What i mean by that is the fact that for the better part of let's say 70-80% of the race they ran around in a single file line at the the top of the track. If i was there in person & paid to get in, i would be extremley disappointed & would want my money back because we saw at the end that they could race side by side but chose not to.

To me that screams of the drivers being too cautious & not doing what they are there to do & that is race & that is a real shame because people spend alot of money to go to these events & if the drivers aren't going to give it their all for the whole race then why bother?

Why not just make it a 50 lap shootout & be done with it if nobody wants to race? At least Smoke was trying early in the race to go down to the low side to make something happen but nobody would go along & even Kasey Kahne said the same, he didn't want to sit there in a single file but you didn't have much choice because everyone was being a sissy!

If this is the way they are going to race Daytona & Talladega then they seriously need to think about making those races shorter because it's pointless to ride around like a train for so long.

Yes i'm upset that tony went out so early because he is running out of time to win this race but overall the race stunk with or without him.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I am not saying this because my guy won, but I thought it was a pretty exciting race. I think part of the reason for there not being more pack racing is yesterday's accident. NASCAR may have told them to err on the side of caution till they know better how the G6 car handles in packs.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            I am not saying this because my guy won, but I thought it was a pretty exciting race. I think part of the reason for there not being more pack racing is yesterday's accident. NASCAR may have told them to err on the side of caution till they know better how the G6 car handles in packs.
                            I know your happy & all but how in the world can you call that race exciting when they rode around single file for so long?

To me that was one of the worst Daytona 500 i have ever seen!

And i would say that even if Smoke was still in it & had won it.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Becuse I do not need a lot of crashes or packs of cars beating and banging on each other to have an exciting race. There were more than a few times they where two and three wide. Brad and Jimmie battled back and forth prior to the last caution.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                                I know your happy & all but how in the world can you call that race exciting when they rode around single file for so long?

To me that was one of the worst Daytona 500 i have ever seen!

And i would say that even if Smoke was still in it & had won it.
                                Ya this race was AWFUL and not just because I can't stand Jimmy....so much boring follow the leader....I'm with you if they are just going to stay in a straight line for all but 10 laps just skip to that 10 the rest was a snorefest!

Good job of Jimmy smashing the front end up to avoid the possibility of them finding anything off in the post race inspection though...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X