No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really wanted the beautiful Danica Patrick to win.....Oh so close! but 8th is still very good....
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Ya this race was AWFUL and not just because I can't stand Jimmy.

Good job of Jimmy smashing the front end up to avoid the possibility of them finding anything off in the post race inspection though...
      Come on... All this Jimmie hate in NASCAR is getting old. I am so tired of "fans" hating teams or drivers that win a lot. It's the same way with the Patriots. Prior to 2001 outside of the AFC East no one hated them. Fast forward to 2014 and they are one of the most hated teams. Why? Because they have dominated at just about every level. Once that happened people started to look for reasons to hate them. Once spygate broke all these fans latched on to it and tried to use it to excuse their hatred. Dispite the fact that countless Hall of Fame Coaches said they have done it and that every team had done it. But that did not matter to those fans that to be honest where jealous of the Pats success wishing it was their team that was winning like that. They had a chance to go undefeated in a 16 game season, two more than the Dolphins, and these jealous fans cheered against them, not because they were Giant fans or fans of an NFC team, because they did not want the Patriots to continue to be successful. I am sorry but as I said it has gotten very old. There are fans that do not follow a single American League East team but because the Yankees have been well the Yankees they hate them. Now you can add the Red Sox to that list, of people cheering against them because they started to win. For 86 years there was not this hatred.

Back to NASCAR, every single driver and crew chef in the history of the sport has broke the rules. It is as much as a part of the sport as the green flag. This is a sport started by people breaking the law and trying to get away with it. If the first generation of drivers where willing to break the law running moonshine to make money, they darn sure would break rules to win money. It will happen every year till the stars burn cold. In the very first NASCAR race ever the winner of the race was disqualified for cheating. In 76 AJ Foyt and Darrell Waltrip where caught trying to use nitrus. Richard cheated to win the October 9, 1983, at Charlotte. "NASCAR inspectors found two reasons: One, his crew had put left-side tires on the right side, and vice-versa, which would have made for a nice, if brief, advantage. Even a bigger advantage: Petty's engine measured 381.983 cubic inches, compared to the legal 358". In 1952 Tim Flock was disqualified for having painted wood as his roll cage instead of metal one. DW used to have his frame rails filled with BBs to pass inspections only to have them spill out during the race to make his car faster and lighter the. The compitition. He and other drivers would have heavy lead radios or helmets in the car during the weigh in. In 2001 Little Dale during Pepsi 400 where he had a bigger restrict-or plate, better aero-package, and a bigger fuel capacity. His father has said "Guys get caught cheating all the time. Cheating is nothing new in the garage." It's time fans stop having false outrage when someone other then who they cheer for gets caught. Please do not misunderstand, I am not saying that cheaters should be given a free pass. Or that it is ok to cheat, it most certainly is not but acting they are the only ones to cheat is very hipocritical.

This is what is wrong with our world. We no longer cheer for people to be successful. If someone is better at something then we are rather then be happy for them we tear them down.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• 50 cent attempts to kiss Erin Andrews at the Nascar race.

http://deadspin.com/5986533/50-cents...ium=socialflow

Comment

• I was at the race yesterday and it was exactly as I expected it would be. With the new Gen6 car, I didn't expect much craziness til crunch time, which there wasn't. This is their 3rd time in a race with these new cars, their first with a full 43 car line up. Most of the race was to learn the handling of the car and drafting with the new car with having so many cars on the track at once.

I'm disappoint with 3 things:

1. My fav driver (DEJr) finished 2nd yet again.
          2. Smoke, 2nd fav driver, was out early.
          3. The debris caution with 9 laps left. It totally killed the 20 lap shootout at the end.

Otherwise, the race great because I wasn't expecting any craziness til the end.

Also, this may be because of Danica Partrick, but the TV ratings were the best for the 500 since DEJr won.
          Denver Broncos
          New York Yankees
          New York Knicks
          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• I don't watch this sport very often.....just not my bag. But I did watch a lot of it, probably because of Danica (not because I am a big fan, but because I got caught up in how good a driver she is.....which got me tuned in tighter to what a race car driver does). And even though this is not a revelation, it still amazes me how these folks can travel at such high speed, and be so close together. It's nuts!

As for the race however, I concur with some others here......this was a very stale race. The only thing that caused much positional change were the pit stops, until that last rush right near the end of the race. Certainly not much passing going on.

Oh well.......I guess I could say "Go Daddy" or make that, "Go Girl"

Note: What was Franco thinking when he started the race with "Go Drivers.....and Danica!" ?????????????????????????? Is she not a driver?????
            Last edited by CanDB; 02-25-2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• The man is impressing me more and more.

Stewart visits fans in hospital: #14-Tony Stewart visited six NASCAR fans who were injured Saturday during a horrific wreck on the last lap of the NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Daytona International Speedway. Stewart was present at Halifax Health Medical Center Sunday after the Daytona 500 for more than two hours, according to a Stewart Haas Racing spokesman. He arrived at approximately 8:00pm and stayed just past 10:00 pm. Stewart did not want to be acknowledged for the deed, but when ESPN.com learned he had visited the injured fans, his team confirmed the visit with his blessing. The three-time champion met with each patient individually, and interacted extensively with five of them. He gave each a personalized, autographed Bass Pro Shops #14 cap. It was Stewart's decision alone to visit the fans, the spokesman said. He wanted to do it, and charged his team with coordinating logistics.(full article at ESPN.com)(2-26-2013)
              Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                The man is impressing me more and more.

Stewart visits fans in hospital: #14-Tony Stewart visited six NASCAR fans who were injured Saturday during a horrific wreck on the last lap of the NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Daytona International Speedway. Stewart was present at Halifax Health Medical Center Sunday after the Daytona 500 for more than two hours, according to a Stewart Haas Racing spokesman. He arrived at approximately 8:00pm and stayed just past 10:00 pm. Stewart did not want to be acknowledged for the deed, but when ESPN.com learned he had visited the injured fans, his team confirmed the visit with his blessing. The three-time champion met with each patient individually, and interacted extensively with five of them. He gave each a personalized, autographed Bass Pro Shops #14 cap. It was Stewart's decision alone to visit the fans, the spokesman said. He wanted to do it, and charged his team with coordinating logistics.(full article at ESPN.com)(2-26-2013)
                Yeah i would say Tony has a heart as big as anybody out there & is a very caring person & always trying to help others & give back like he does with his race at Eldora by giving the money to charities.

I remember in years past how much money he donated to the Kyle Petty victory junction camp for children who are ill or have certain disabilities.

Like i said before, he may wear his emotions on his sleeve when he's out on the track but away from the track he sure seems to be a very caring & giving person, the world could use alot more like him.

Thanks for posting Peanut.
                sigpic

Comment

• I am glad to see that Stewart has "grown up". For years he was a hothead on the track and sometimes even worse in the garage. I will admit my respect for him has grown in the past week or so.

sigpic

Comment

• PA, I thought you would like that.

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    I am glad to see that Stewart has "grown up". For years he was a hothead on the track and sometimes even worse in the garage. I will admit my respect for him has grown in the past week or so.
                    Some people call that "passion".

I think it depends on how it's done. Some people can show their passion without being jerks.
                    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I have no problem with passion, or wearing your heart on your sleeve. Those two words discribe me. It is almost too much of my heart on my sleeve. I am talking about how early in his career when he slapped a tape recorder ou of a reporters hand. Also when he had to go to anger managent.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                        I have no problem with passion, or wearing your heart on your sleeve. Those two words discribe me. It is almost too much of my heart on my sleeve. I am talking about how early in his career when he slapped a tape recorder ou of a reporters hand. Also when he had to go to anger managent.
                        I really think when he became a owner/driver it really put things into perspective for him once he saw everything that went into building the cars & preparing for each & every race & how much work it takes from alot of people.

I will also say that even when he was doing some of those things you mentioned i believe he still was the same guy away from the track as he is today, it's just now it's more recognized & his behaviors at the track most likely overshadowed the good stuff.

But that's also not to say he still doesn't get heated & emotional on the track, just think back to last season when he & kenseth wrecked each other at Bristol & he threw his helmet off matt's car (which i thought was awesome) but i think he can have more control of how far his emotions go now compared to back in the early days.

Regardless of how it plays out, i love his passion & desire to be the best & speak his mind & not put up with any crap from anybody, he is one man you don't want to tangle with on the track because he will get you one way or another.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nationwide Series Driver Jeremy Clements has been indefenetly for violating NASCAR Code of Conduct.

sigpic

Comment

• The AP is reporting Lowe signed an extension with Jimmie through 2015.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Jimmie Johnson's second Daytona 500 victory came with another big prize - a two-year contract extension from primary sponsor Lowe's.

Lowe's Companies Inc. said Wednesday it has re-upped with Hendrick Motorsports through the 2015 NASCAR season, making the announcement to 1,700 store managers at its national sales meeting. The extension is concurrent with Johnson's contract, which also runs through 2015 with Hendrick.

Lowe's and Hendrick first teamed in 2001 when Johnson was hired to drive for the new No. 48 team. Now in its 12th season, it's the most successful team over the last decade in NASCAR.

Johnson has won a series-best 61 races since his 2002 rookie year, has five Sprint Cup titles and has never finished lower than sixth in the standings.

''It has been a great ride with Jimmie since he started in the Cup Series 12 years ago,'' said Tom Lamb, Lowe's chief marketing officer. ''We are proud to sponsor one of the most elite teams and drivers in racing and have a five-time champion carry the Lowe's brand each week.''

Johnson's second Daytona 500 win on Sunday came in his 400th career start. He joined Hendrick teammate Jeff Gordon as just the second driver to have the same primary sponsor for each of their first 400 Cup starts.

''Lowe's believed in me before I had any success,'' said Johnson. ''They are all I've ever known in my Sprint Cup career, and their support of me and the No. 48 team is second to none in the sport. We've been together for this crazy ride, and I'm so happy we're continuing it together. They truly are family, and I'm proud to represent them.''

Johnson and crew chief Chad Knaus have been together with Lowe's since the No. 48 team was formed, and have won at least one Sprint Cup race in 12 consecutive seasons. The five championships trail only first-ballot Hall of Fame drivers Dale Earnhardt and Richard Petty, who each won seven.

''We caught lightning in a bottle with this combination,'' said team owner Rick Hendrick. ''Jimmie and Chad have been successful because they always have a plan and do a great job executing. Lowe's is the same way as a sponsor. The partnership has been incredible, and we're looking forward to working together for many more years.''

sigpic

Comment

• Well Mark has been fast all week at Phoenix. Hopefully he gets the win Sunday
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• rm6 Mark is doing pretty good so far.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X