X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Well it's that time of year again for playoffs, so let's do the predictions shall we...

First 4 out:

1.Newman - he simply doesn't run well enough early on to get satge points
    2. Almirola - started the year off very strong but hasn't run well the past couple months, too inconsistent.
    3. Byron - too inexperienced for the big stage of the playoff pressure
    4. Larson - this may be a bit of a surprise because he can run up front & contend for wins but this team has way too many mistakes & bad finishes & it only takes 1 bad race to seal your fate if you don't go win

Final 4 for the championship:

1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
    2. Hamlin - he is hungry for a title & he is running better each week
    3. Logano - he is the defending champ & he has confidence
    4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

In the end i think either hamlin gets his first or harvick gets a second
    Bold predictions PA, I have to give you credit for putting them out there up front !!! :thumb:

Vegas always get hyped into a Busch Bro Battle because they are from that area.
    Kurt has a good car but we can never count Kyle out until it's over.
    Bowyer got P1 but we'll see how that shakes out.

My concern, and has been since the playoff system was initiated, is that cars which
    aren't even in the playoffs make "mistakes", sideswipe leaders, blow tires and hit the
    wall; they frequently affect contenders even causing "big ones" knockin out good cars.
    It happens all the time. Untimely cautions that benefit certain cars makes me wonder.

I know we'll never see the old Winston Cup point system again because NASCAR
    makes money off of the playoff hype but it was the best way to run a season.

In the end, you are probably right again PA for the Homestead showdown !!!

"Let's go racin' boys" !!!...(DW)

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Well it's that time of year again for playoffs, so let's do the predictions shall we...

First 4 out:

1.Newman - he simply doesn't run well enough early on to get satge points
    2. Almirola - started the year off very strong but hasn't run well the past couple months, too inconsistent.
    3. Byron - too inexperienced for the big stage of the playoff pressure
    4. Larson - this may be a bit of a surprise because he can run up front & contend for wins but this team has way too many mistakes & bad finishes & it only takes 1 bad race to seal your fate if you don't go win

Final 4 for the championship:

1. Kyle Busch - has no weakness, can win at any track & has the best pit crew out there
    2. Hamlin - he is hungry for a title & he is running better each week
    3. Logano - he is the defending champ & he has confidence
    4. Harvick - had a slow start to the season but is really getting hot & peaking at the right time & he also has a ton of confidence

In the end i think either hamlin gets his first or harvick gets a second

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    I need to get away from football for a bit. Kind of sad since it's the first week.

Anyway, happy news. Matt to the #21. Menard picked his own replacement. I wasn't impressed with what he did in his last Xfinity race, but this sort of makes up for it.

I haven't watched the last Cup race, but I know what happened.
    Good for Matty !!! :thumb:

First pit stop at Indy was interesting.
    A 2.5 mile short track race for 400 miles,
    more paint trading than at Darlington

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    I need to get away from football for a bit. Kind of sad since it's the first week.

Anyway, happy news. Matt to the #21. Menard picked his own replacement. I wasn't impressed with what he did in his last Xfinity race, but this sort of makes up for it.

I haven't watched the last Cup race, but I know what happened.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    I didn't see all the intros, but I saw Matt's. That was cool.

The 38 has been doing good. It would be nice if he could go to a competitive team.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Yeah, that was a real heart breaker.
    I was pulling for Matty also.
    Great finish, Matt has had a lot of top tens recently.

I don't know if you guys caught the driver's intro
    but DiBennedetto came out with the Rocky theme song
    playing and had "Italian Stallion" on the back of his robe.
    Little did I know at the time it would be a slug out at the end.

You're right Peanut, Matt is losing his ride but this article
    suggests that DiBennedetto may get the Furniture Row seat:

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/08...family-racing/

~~~
    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-18-2019, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    trying not to reveal too much for peanuts sake if you haven't caught the race yet but....DAMN!

my heart breaks for matty d & the 95 car/team...he was so dang close to a career first win & i was pulling for him so bad, my guts were in knots for him...helluva effort by him.
    Thanks, PA. I appreciate it. Haven't seen the race, but know who won and that Matty came in second. He's really popular with the other drivers.

I've heard rumors that C. Bell is going to the 95 next year. I don't know where Matty will go if true. Maybe tonight will get someone's attention and he'll get a good ride.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    trying not to reveal too much for peanuts sake if you haven't caught the race yet but....DAMN!

my heart breaks for matty d & the 95 car/team...he was so dang close to a career first win & i was pulling for him so bad, my guts were in knots for him...helluva effort by him.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

(Peanut, you know I was only joking I hope )

Prayers for Earnhardt Family:

Earnhardt Jr., family alive after plane crashes in Tennessee:

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ea...s-in-tennessee

We're friends. Of course I knew you were joking.

I'm glad the Earnhardts and pilots are okay. That must have been scary.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Thanks for the reports about the races. I was unable to watch. Glad you had a great time, PA.

Thanks for the offer, PA. We'll have to see how next year goes.

That was a cool celebration with Keelan.
    (Peanut, you know I was only joking I hope )

Prayers for Earnhardt Family:

Earnhardt Jr., family alive after plane crashes in Tennessee:

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ea...s-in-tennessee

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Thanks for the reports about the races. I was unable to watch. Glad you had a great time, PA.

Thanks for the offer, PA. We'll have to see how next year goes.

That was a cool celebration with Keelan.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

so awesome you got to watch the race AZ.

you & peanut should try to come out for this event next year, you guys could stay at my house
    & i show you around town...really is a great time!
    That's a very kind suggestion PA but I think Peanut's hubby would be a wee bit upset

~~~

The way I have my OS set up with adblockers and anti-malware etc. it won't allow me to post
    tweets with images but if you click on these links you will see some great father/son graphics:

Keelan Harvick steals the show:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160674469217804288

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160677143426281473

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160675450382929925

Kevin and Keelan did some long burnouts on their way to Victory Lane:
    (Kevin put his helmet on Keelan first)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160683421393399808

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160684844982198272

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    so awesome you got to watch the race AZ...maybe i should have clarified about the car count.

they actually said they received 54 entries for the late models alone not for all divisions & there were actually a few regular weekly racers that didn't even come out along with about a dozen out of state drivers... 38 was the late model count 15 mods & 10 chargers...perhaps something came up that those other 16 late model guys couldn't make it, but hell it was still a helluva show!

you & peanut should try to come out for this event next year, you guys could stay at my house & i show you around town...really is a great time!

as far as growing...yeah last year the first year of the masters they were proclaiming 30 cars but only had 18 with a $6,000 to win...year two - jump to 38 cars & $10,000 to win. not sure if they add anymore$ to win but i agree it will get bigger on car counts

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Yo PA !!!
    I think there were way over 50 something cars,
    Counting the modifieds, chargers and late models, even more.

I loved seeing the Monte Carlos in the Charger division.
    When I first heard about that division, I thought I was going
    to see a whole bunch of old Mopars lol.

I also loved the modifieds, those look like so much fun to race.
    I bet more mods will show up next year when the word gets out.

There were 4 heat races to get in to the Late Models 150.
    Then they had a Win or Go Home race for the non qualifiers
    to add the final 6 to the main race. A lot of cars didn't make the cut.
    Had to be more than 38 because 24 had Ps, +6, imo more than 2 went home.

Lots of boys came up from the Carolinas and a bunch from New England.
    The 150 was a clean and hard fought race all the way to the end with few cautions.
    I had more fun watching that race than many NASCAR races of late,

The battle at the end between Mike Hopkins #15H and Todd Stone #1X was awesome !!!

I know this event is only going to grow at Jennerstown.
    I guarantee next year will have even more entries in all divisions.
    I also guarantee the purses will be larger.
    Word is probably already getting out.

Maybe next year, they can hold the heat races on Saturday and go right to the feature
    races on Sunday of the Chargers, Modifieds and cap it off with the Late Models 150 ?
    Talk to the track owner PA !!! Camp out Saturday and tail gate all night

I want to go to Our Coal Miners Cafe in Jennerstown and feast out !!!

PA, thank you so much for the free live link to watch the Motor Mountain Masters.
    I had a blast watching some down home racing, it was fantastic !!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    So a bit more on last night, first a general summary of some things...

they said 54 cars entered but only 38 showed up, not sure where the other 16 were? which is fine because it was always only a 30 car field for the race. i guess they did actually run a non-qualifer race which was after the big race but we headed out as it was already 11:30 at that point.

which brings me to another point, way too long because the main event didn't start until 10pm so they should consider less activities like perhaps only the late models & modifieds because nobody wants to be there til dam near midnight.

the local boys got their tails kicked which was a bit surprising, i expected a few of them to run better but none of them were any match for the outsiders...teddy gibala finished 6th out of the locals & i thought he would contend for the win but those guys were just too strong. at least 3 other locals that contend for wins every week ended up out of the race due to issues or just not running well in the case of the 75 barry awtey who won the race last year but just didn't have this time & after getting lapped before lap 75 he parked it which IMO was him being a poor sport...

he is after-all the tracks all time win leader & is used to running up front week in week out, so i think he just couldn't handle the fact he had nothing & was stuck around 17th -20th most of the time...not sure if a factor but the local boys didn't do much practicing & it may have cost them dearly as maybe they thought they had things in hand being it's their track but they have never raced in those conditions 30 cars..lot of rubber on the track, big mistake on their part, though i doubt it would have mattered.

because that 17 & 93 car were so fast stage one, then the 93 dominated stage two while the 17 faded...stage 3 was all about the 15 car the first half but then the 1 car pulling away late for the win.

the black & green # 6 car was matt wallace who is mike wallace's son & rusty wallace nephew, he was fast early but faded a bit late.

overall it was some great racing & a great time...can't wait for next year!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X