No announcement yet.

WWE/AEW/NWJP/IMPACT Pro Wrestling Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get Jericho's new book? Went to 8 stores looking for it. This will be my 3rd book on pro wrestling. I've read Have a Nice Day by Mick and Jericho's 1st book.

Regarding Cena, I don't hate him as a person, I hate him as a character, I divorce the 2 people.

Like people might do in a movie or comic book.

I generally like heels, I always have. There are a few faces I have rooted for. So my preference on Cena's character is biased.

I've been watching WWE replays on youtube for the year's I have missed. Not in any order, just whatever I can find. I've been watching the Elimination Chamber matches.

I like Cena's rap gimmick. It was corny, but funny.

In addition, I just don't like the Dragon Ball Z super sayen aurora attached to him.

Summer Slam is a great example. Get's a Brooklyn beat down by Nexus, and what happens? Beats Wade Barret with no struggle. Absolutely lame.

He's a comic book character that will always win in the end. You know where it is headed. Things look bleak and BOOM! Becomes the incredible hulk, superman and iron man all in one. It's boring, does not provide entertainment unless you are 5 years old or have the mind set of one.

As far as in ring skills, average at best, he does not have a wide variety of moves and is one dimensional wrestler, you won't see him do some of the things HBK, John Morrison does, but he earns his spotlight.

His Mic skills are average, not great like Y2J or the Rock, but better than some others I have seen, like Ken Shamrock.

It's not John Cena the person, it's the invincible force the company has given him.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
      Anyone get Jericho's new book? Went to 8 stores looking for it. This will be my 3rd book on pro wrestling. I've read Have a Nice Day by Mick and Jericho's 1st book.

Regarding Cena, I don't hate him as a person, I hate him as a character, I divorce the 2 people.

Like people might do in a movie or comic book.

I generally like heels, I always have. There are a few faces I have rooted for. So my preference on Cena's character is biased.

I've been watching WWE replays on youtube for the year's I have missed. Not in any order, just whatever I can find. I've been watching the Elimination Chamber matches.

I like Cena's rap gimmick. It was corny, but funny.

In addition, I just don't like the Dragon Ball Z super sayen aurora attached to him.

Summer Slam is a great example. Get's a Brooklyn beat down by Nexus, and what happens? Beats Wade Barret with no struggle. Absolutely lame.

He's a comic book character that will always win in the end. You know where it is headed. Things look bleak and BOOM! Becomes the incredible hulk, superman and iron man all in one. It's boring, does not provide entertainment unless you are 5 years old or have the mind set of one.

As far as in ring skills, average at best, he does not have a wide variety of moves and is one dimensional wrestler, you won't see him do some of the things HBK, John Morrison does, but he earns his spotlight.

His Mic skills are average, not great like Y2J or the Rock, but better than some others I have seen, like Ken Shamrock.

It's not John Cena the person, it's the invincible force the company has given him.
      His current character is that of a pre-attitude era baby face wrestler. I think this why many fans who grew up with the attitude era hate Cena is because he not a face we grew up with. I find him entertaining since I grew up watching videos with my older cousin before the attitude era took hold.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
        His current character is that of a pre-attitude era baby face wrestler. I think this why many fans who grew up with the attitude era hate Cena is because he not a face we grew up with. I find him entertaining since I grew up watching videos with my older cousin before the attitude era took hold.
        I think this is a major reason people do not like him. Give him an attitude era heel personal an he would be huge.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          I think this is a major reason people do not like him. Give him an attitude era heel personal an he would be huge.
          Its funny how the attitude era change the babyface/Heel sterotypes. Attitude era faces are more heelish than their previous incarnations but retain some of the face "superman" aura. Attitude heels are more cowardly and backstabbing compare to heels from the previous era.

Cena and Ray Mysterio are probably the first two true baby faces that I can remember lasting as baby faces for a while. I know we had Kurt Angle during the invasion series was like a pre-attitude era face before he turn heel.

Comment

• I would love to see Rey turn heel.

sigpic

Comment

I would love to see Rey turn heel.
              It would be pretty interesting. If I remember correctly Rey has the best winning ratio of all the WWE roster last year. I wonder why people won't target him as often as Cena.

Comment

Don't speak for everyone South,

While I would like to see Cena tell everyone to kiss his ass I still wouldn't like him. because then he would be trying harder to be The Rock and he isn't The Rock and I really hope The Rock lays the Smacketh Down on John Cena at Wrestle Mania this year.

But Cena as a heel is something WWE needs to do soon I've been a Wrestling fan since I was in the third grade which was in like 1996 or something I've never seen a sign say "If ______ wins we Riot" likeI saw at ECW's One Night Stand.

Like the one that said "If Cena Wins We Riot" the fans who Hate Cena really Hate him and some of us can't explain why we do we just don't like him. He's cocky and WWE trys to make him invincable.

But the one's who love John Cena cry when ever he loses to anyone even if it's not a major heel like to Jeff Hardy when hewas there or to Sheamus (who wasn't that over yet ) and why ? everyone loses but when it happens to their hero ... oh god

As far as Mysterio goes he's a lot like Hogan ... Meaning no one gets over at his expense like in 2009 Ziggler was going to take the Championship off of Rey at Night of Champions all the way to that night (of the show) and Rey demanded they change the end of the match ... That's stupid

WWE isn't very high on Mysterio because of his attitude and his injuries I don't expect to see Rey after his contract runs out soon I think after this year.

Comment

I started watching WWF in 1990, I've seen a lot of pre-attitude era.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                    I started watching WWF in 1990, I've seen a lot of pre-attitude era.
                    I started around WMX.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                      Don't speak for everyone South,

While I would like to see Cena tell everyone to kiss his ass I still wouldn't like him. because then he would be trying harder to be The Rock and he isn't The Rock and I really hope The Rock lays the Smacketh Down on John Cena at Wrestle Mania this year.

But Cena as a heel is something WWE needs to do soon I've been a Wrestling fan since I was in the third grade which was in like 1996 or something I've never seen a sign say "If ______ wins we Riot" likeI saw at ECW's One Night Stand.

Like the one that said "If Cena Wins We Riot" the fans who Hate Cena really Hate him and some of us can't explain why we do we just don't like him. He's cocky and WWE trys to make him invincable.

But the one's who love John Cena cry when ever he loses to anyone even if it's not a major heel like to Jeff Hardy when hewas there or to Sheamus (who wasn't that over yet ) and why ? everyone loses but when it happens to their hero ... oh god

As far as Mysterio goes he's a lot like Hogan ... Meaning no one gets over at his expense like in 2009 Ziggler was going to take the Championship off of Rey at Night of Champions all the way to that night (of the show) and Rey demanded they change the end of the match ... That's stupid

WWE isn't very high on Mysterio because of his attitude and his injuries I don't expect to see Rey after his contract runs out soon I think after this year.
                      I don't think that Rock would lay the Smackdown on Cena, it more likely that the WWE would want a Hogan vs Rock type match symbolizing a passing of the torch of one generation to another. John Cena is not like the Rock, he more of a copy of Hogan during the 70-80's than Rocky, other than the Champ is here slogan, almost nothing that Cena does is similar to the rock.

Can you provide a link about Mysterio. All I found on google was a drug violation due a prescription drug in 2008 and some rumors that he wants to go to TNA. Other than that nothing about night of champions or anything else.

Comment

I don't think that Rock would lay the Smackdown on Cena, it more likely that the WWE would want a Hogan vs Rock type match symbolizing a passing of the torch of one generation to another. John Cena is not like the Rock, he more of a copy of Hogan during the 70-80's than Rocky, other than the Champ is here slogan, almost nothing that Cena does is similar to the rock.Can you provide a link about Mysterio. All I found on google was a drug violation due a prescription drug in 2008 and some rumors that he wants to go to TNA. Other than that nothing about night of champions or anything else.
                        Your kidding Right ?

All the trash that Cena talks on all of his challengers doesn't remind you of The Rock ? when he was being funny Cena is an Idiot or how about the "Battle Raps" Cena would often pick something out and make fun of it ala The Rock ... Cena makes movies ... so does The Rock only his are good and worth watching

John Cena wants to be The Rock ... aint gona happen

About Rey and Night Of Champions go to www.lordsofpain.net it's a couple of years old now so you might have to look for it but that's where I read it they're pretty good aboutthis kind of stuff.

Comment

• I just realized something. If that 11 minutes that Ziggler had the title does count as a reign, then he is a Triple Crown champion.

Nicky is a Triple Crown champ. Wow.
                          LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                          Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

• Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
                            I just realized something. If that 11 minutes that Ziggler had the title does count as a reign, then he is a Triple Crown champion.

Nicky is a Triple Crown champ. Wow.
                            It counts! He is a Triple Crown Champion and since he is most likley going to Raw he could. Get the US Title and be a Grand Slam Champion. Not knocking Mr. Ziggles but do you remeber when doing that ment something.

sigpic

Comment

• He was never a tag champ
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                                He was never a tag champ
                                Yes he was. He was Nicky in the Spirit Squad. They competed under "Freebirds Rule". Any of the five could defend the belts at anytime.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X