Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWE/AEW/NWJP/IMPACT Pro Wrestling Forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
    Nowadays I only watch if I want to see how a specific angle unfolds.

    It's just hard watching now because I remember how good the product used to be. Seeing what they're doing now, it's just so bad in comparison.
    That's actually how I am about watching and I agree 100% that it was a far better product in the late 90's/early 00's compared to now...Once The Rock, Stone Cold, and Brock Lesner left I've lost interest...CM Punk is one of the few reasons I watch every now and then these days...or if there's a big return or something...

    Comment


    • it's not really that much different than the old days (alot less campier for sure though)

      it's just people grow up and they look past the lame parts of their childhood because it was a simpler time
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        How long has everyone been a fan?
        Since I was around 8 or so. So about 15 years total.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Rumors have Y2J leaving shortly after Mania.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

          Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Sheamus to win the WHC at EC and challenge CM Punk for the WWE title in a unification match??? Hmmmm

            (just a thought)

            Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
            Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
            Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

            Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
            Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
            I still miss you Jake Plummer!



            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
              it's not really that much different than the old days (alot less campier for sure though)

              it's just people grow up and they look past the lame parts of their childhood because it was a simpler time
              Yes and no.

              Some of the angles they used to do were just so much better. The whole Punk angle right now is just a way more watered down version of SCSA/Vince. The Kane/Cena storyline is atrocious. Alberto Del Rio is just Mexican JBL. Just bad unoriginal writing.

              It is better when you're younger, no doubt. But as you mature you can separate what was truly good. Some storylines back then we're just amazing. Brock's build up in 2002, the Evolution stable, SCSA's heel turn at WM17.

              And way back, like Stone Cold vs. McMahon/Raven Sandman fued in ECW/ Goldberg's streak/ Original NWO angle.

              I could go on. But honestly in the last 3 years can you name an angle that WWE pulled off to perfection? Cause I honestly can't.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
                I could go on. But honestly in the last 3 years can you name an angle that WWE pulled off to perfection? Cause I honestly can't.
                Dolph's progression to a main heel was close. The fact that they've kept Vicky around just about ruins it though. I thought they were going to do it the right way when Stone Cold was a guest on RAW (I think right before the most recent tough enough) and he told him he admired his ring skills but he should cut Vicky, I loved that and it was the perfect spot for her to take an office job. Buuut she was back and continuing to look like a monster the very next week, so...

                Comment


                • Slightly more than 22 years
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    Rumors have Y2J leaving shortly after Mania.


                    All that buildup, followed by this storyline, only to leave again?

                    Wow.
                    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      Rumors have Y2J leaving shortly after Mania.
                      I hope so. I've never been a fan
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                      Comment


                      • The WWE has singed Indu wrestler Chris Hero.

                        There is heat on the Miz for him not breaking R-Truths over the top rope move last night.
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                        Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                          Rumors have Y2J leaving shortly after Mania.
                          Disappointed, but at the same time, I'm not surprised.

                          When asked if he would ever return to the ring, wasn't very enthusiastic about it, seemed more interested in his band Fozzy in this part of his life.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            The WWE has singed Indu wrestler Chris Hero.

                            There is heat on the Miz for him not breaking R-Truths over the top rope move last night.
                            Kinda bugs me a little, Triple H screwed up Taker's suicide dive at WM this year, unless Taker wanted to go headfirst into the announce desk. Booker also messed up a Benoit suicide dive in the past, it's a spot that's happened a lot and people don't get chewed up like the Miz did. Part of this will be because of the Survivor Series buyrate being blamed on him.

                            Decent Raw, advanced some storylines. Nothing to complain about overall.

                            WWE does a really good job of these video packages, the Undertaker promo was pretty cool.

                            Comment


                            • Sim Snuka blow Taker dive and was cut for it.
                              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                              Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
                                Kinda bugs me a little, Triple H screwed up Taker's suicide dive at WM this year, unless Taker wanted to go headfirst into the announce desk. Booker also messed up a Benoit suicide dive in the past, it's a spot that's happened a lot and people don't get chewed up like the Miz did. Part of this will be because of the Survivor Series buyrate being blamed on him.

                                Decent Raw, advanced some storylines. Nothing to complain about overall.

                                WWE does a really good job of these video packages, the Undertaker promo was pretty cool.
                                Why is the Miz being blamed for low SS buy rate?
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X