• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
    AW made a joke about rape/rape accusation (disgusting and not PG) BUT

Mike Tyson, convicted of rape was put into the WWE HOF

does this make sense to anyone?

WWE is VERY inconsistent with their whole PG tolerance.

Not sure which was more embarrassing

HBK's acting skills?

or John Cena botching CM Punk's move?

WWE had a great opportunity to develop new talent with an additional hour

that hour is filled with recaps, touts and commercials.

Hope their viewership plummets.

Only way to change things.
    Agreed %100.

Either make it COMPLETELY PG where EVERYONE, regardless of pops and status, has to abide by the same rules.

Or simply scrap the PG and go back to what ya'll used to do in the late 90s and allow everyone to say whatever, whenever they want.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Spyder View Post
      Well McMahon is obvious, my point was more along the whole anti-Bullying campaign they try running with. You're telling kids to stop bullying and yet the owner of your business, who is what, in his 70s already, is making fun of someone who did a HELL of a lot for his company? Classless.

Lawler might be a legend per say, but the guy is beyond horrible now. He should have either retired or been fired years ago. The guy makes it hard to even listen. Every one wants to make fun of Cole all the time but he's not half as bad as Lawler.

So because Jericho is a legend that's okay to burn another country's flag with very little consequences? Wonderful message being sent there.

What about Tensai/Albert? What's the excuse there? What about Randy Orton's various drug/steroid infractions?

Didn't Big Show make some type of reference to that Kobe ordeal a few years ago? (I'm thinking 08-09ish) and nothing was done? He's no legend. He's just an old guy who's been around forever and sucks, for the most part.

WWE is full of double standards, I don't care what anyone says.
      I LOVE listening to Lawler. He has decades of experiences. Although he's funnier when he hits on the divas
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

If the WWE were fair with who they fire and their reasons, I wouldn't have a huge problem with it.

But you're really going to allow Jerry Lawler to constantly make racial remarks, Tensai/Albert/Whatever to make fun of Asians, Jericho burns a flag (and I like Jericho), Vince himself making fun of JRs illness, etc etc. Double standard.

If you're going to fire one, fire them all.
        Jericho did not "burn" a flag, plus he got a 30 Day suspension for what he did to the Brazilian flag.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

• I think there is more to the AW story line. Becuase he was back on Raw the following week. The press release said he had repeatedly said innapropreate things. He tried to push his luck and went to far. What I bet happened is they pulled him aside and asked that he tone it down till after the election. The reasonI think this is he sent out a tweet the same day he got fired saying he and the Prime Time Players endorse Linda. I think that comment was the one that broke the camels back. It was taken as a giant middle finger to them asking him to tone it down.

As for Orton this was only his second strike, so he received the 30 day suspension. The dirt sheets said there was preasure to fire him. So he did not get a simple slap on the wrist. Same with Rey Rey.

Let's not forget Daniel Bryan was fired for going to far in the Nexus angle. Mr Perfct (a far bigger name then AW will ever be was released for being drunk on a plane). There are more examples of others getting the boot after "one" mistake:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            I LOVE listening to Lawler. He has decades of experiences. Although he's funnier when he hits on the divas
            I'm sorry but I think he's absolutely horrible nowdays. I'll agree that he was awesome years ago but what does he really add to the show anymore? And if what he does these days constitutes as hitting on the divas, what would you call what he did in the 90s? hah.

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            Jericho did not "burn" a flag, plus he got a 30 Day suspension for what he did to the Brazilian flag.
            Oh my bad, he apparently kicked and degraded it. Either way, a 30 day suspension is hardly anything. You're slapping a guy on the wrist for something that could have easily offended an entire country. Way to.. be a "A Star."

As for Orton this was only his second strike, so he received the 30 day suspension. The dirt sheets said there was preasure to fire him. So he did not get a simple slap on the wrist. Same with Rey Rey.
            His second strike with a drug violation, couple that with his sexual harassment allegations, marijuana usage and his overall behavior for years, I'm sure it'd be way past his 2nd offense. There's a reason, if you read around, why so many in the past and present don't like him. He's a well known jerk. The only reason he stays around is because of his ability to draw. If he was anyone else outside of himself or Cena, he'd have been gone years ago.

Let's not forget Daniel Bryan was fired for going to far in the Nexus angle. Mr Perfct (a far bigger name then AW will ever be was released for being drunk on a plane). There are more examples of others getting the boot after "one" mistake:
            Daniel Bryan was a no one name at the time, so again it was blantly obvious why he was fired. He had no pull or status. AW is going through the same thing. WWE's hypocritical double standard at work.

So again South, since you seem so keen on standing up for every decision the WWE has made, let me ask you.

What's YOUR opinion on Tensai's racial epithet of Asians and their driving ability? Jerry Lawler's years of xenophobia? Vince McMahon's continued mocking of JRs bell ballsy, despite the anti-Bullying campaign?

My original point. Either be completely clear on your PG stance and make everyone abide by the same rules or.. allow it like it was during the Attitude days. Let everyone run wild and do whatever they want.
            sigpic

Comment

• They can't do the attitude era style anymore. Television, and their majority fanbase, has totally changed over the past 10 years. You can't have guys cussin' up and down and talking about drugs, booze, and rape when a large part of your fans are under 12, and all of their parents would love to sue you. At the same time you can't be completely kiddie because the other part of your fanbase is people 20-40 who have been watching wrestling forever, and still need to be surprised every now and then.

The line needs to be walked, but WWE has walked it all wrong. They honestly haven't made a good business decision in a long time. The powers running the show right now are killing a great opportunity. HHH needs to step away instead of keeping his face in the main event by sheer right of ownership.

Summerslam is going to be crap. The card is awful.

Comment

• The anti-bullying campaign is completely for PR purposes, as is Be a Star. They're trying to cleanse what damage was done back in the attitude era to their public image. Sure it was hugely popular and we loved it but to the outsider looking in it was just horrible television. It was degrading to women in every sense and filled with drugs, terrible messages for kids and sex.

Hell, the PG might kill fan interest but if I was a parent I'm glad that my child could learn to enjoy wrestling inside of the WWE's standards. But again, its all PR. After the steroid scandal McMahon admitted (the equivalent of) Be a Star and such was for PR purposes. The Wellness Policy is too, some adhere to it, others don't. With Linda's senate run the company doesn't want to run the risk of having footage shoved in her face when its deemed inappropriate. She's bragging about building this entertainment empire and putting people in jobs etc.

WWE is full of double standards, but we knew this. It's always been this way, nothing has changed and nothing will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
                  The anti-bullying campaign is completely for PR purposes, as is Be a Star. They're trying to cleanse what damage was done back in the attitude era to their public image. Sure it was hugely popular and we loved it but to the outsider looking in it was just horrible television. It was degrading to women in every sense and filled with drugs, terrible messages for kids and sex.

Hell, the PG might kill fan interest but if I was a parent I'm glad that my child could learn to enjoy wrestling inside of the WWE's standards. But again, its all PR. After the steroid scandal McMahon admitted (the equivalent of) Be a Star and such was for PR purposes. The Wellness Policy is too, some adhere to it, others don't. With Linda's senate run the company doesn't want to run the risk of having footage shoved in her face when its deemed inappropriate. She's bragging about building this entertainment empire and putting people in jobs etc.

WWE is full of double standards, but we knew this. It's always been this way, nothing has changed and nothing will change.
                  That's the most hilarious thing about it all though.

They're trying their absolute hardest to be accepted by the mainstream, undo what damage that may have done in the past yet a week can't go by that you don't read on the dirt sheets about something happening that, in any other business, Linda wouldn't even be taken seriously for the position, much less be an actual candidate.

Vince isn't a good guy by any means, he doesn't care about the anti-bullying campaign, he never has and never will. I know that, you know that and everyone who truly knows anything about the man knows that. You don't go on TV mocking someones illness if you're any type of decent human being at all.

My only point is, if one man such as AW is going to be held to a particular standard, it's only fair everyone in the company, including Vince himself, is held to that same standard.

But it all comes back to the double standard. If you have the ability to draw or not. And when we're talking about an era, where maybe 3 guys MAX can get any kind of reaction out of the crowd, characters like Orton need to be kept around for money purposes. Vince doesn't fool anyone.

But if normal fans can see through the WWE charade, it's actually quite humorous that Linda and her team believe she actually has a chance to win over anything amongst voters, because despite their efforts, the WWE and their fans are still looked down upon by greater society.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                    The line needs to be walked, but WWE has walked it all wrong. They honestly haven't made a good business decision in a long time. The powers running the show right now are killing a great opportunity. HHH needs to step away instead of keeping his face in the main event by sheer right of ownership.

Summerslam is going to be crap. The card is awful.
                    I agree and this really isn't even about the Attitude era. I just made that comment because I said the WWE needs to stay on one side of the fence and stop walking the line inbetween. They're trying to desperately to clean up their image and yet actions from certain characters and even Vince himself continue to make it seem like a complete joke to anyone on the outside looking in.

To me the biggest problem with the WWE is the lack of talent and absolute horrid writing. It's absolutely pathetic how anyone who shows any ability at all is either crushed or forgotten about in a week. Vince himself knows this. When you count on bringing back guys from the past, and I love the Rock and Lesnar as much as anyone, just to get a reaction from the crowd, you know the future is EXTREMELY bleak.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Oh, so it turns out AW said on twitter "Vote for Linda or die". That ain't clever

Comment

• Spydie,

Personaly I think that Lord A-Train should been severely reprimanded. In fact I thought he would "disappear" for a few months then come back with a new gimmac. I would not have had a problem in the WWE sent the Hip Hop Hippo back to Japan, then paid money to have his Tout broadcast on Japanesse TV along with his flight information....

I also think Punk should have been stripped of the belt and suspended a few weeks back for telling a fan to "drink bleach" and another to "kill yourself" on Twitter because the disagreed with him over gay marrage.

I also feel that just because someone else was not punished does NOT mean "you" should not be punished. Plus as I said in a different post, and was proven correct, that it was not just his rape comment that got him released it was the Tweet he sent out about voting for Linda that got him fired.

sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry but I think he's absolutely horrible nowdays. I'll agree that he was awesome years ago but what does he really add to the show anymore? And if what he does these days constitutes as hitting on the divas, what would you call what he did in the 90s? hah.

Oh my bad, he apparently kicked and degraded it. Either way, a 30 day suspension is hardly anything. You're slapping a guy on the wrist for something that could have easily offended an entire country. Way to.. be a "A Star."

His second strike with a drug violation, couple that with his sexual harassment allegations, marijuana usage and his overall behavior for years, I'm sure it'd be way past his 2nd offense. There's a reason, if you read around, why so many in the past and present don't like him. He's a well known jerk. The only reason he stays around is because of his ability to draw. If he was anyone else outside of himself or Cena, he'd have been gone years ago.

Daniel Bryan was a no one name at the time, so again it was blantly obvious why he was fired. He had no pull or status. AW is going through the same thing. WWE's hypocritical double standard at work.

So again South, since you seem so keen on standing up for every decision the WWE has made, let me ask you.

What's YOUR opinion on Tensai's racial epithet of Asians and their driving ability? Jerry Lawler's years of xenophobia? Vince McMahon's continued mocking of JRs bell ballsy, despite the anti-Bullying campaign?

My original point. Either be completely clear on your PG stance and make everyone abide by the same rules or.. allow it like it was during the Attitude days. Let everyone run wild and do whatever they want.
                          With Michael Cole being a heel, Lawler has to be the face. There's always one face & one heel on commentary
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            Spydie,

Personaly I think that Lord A-Train should been severely reprimanded. In fact I thought he would "disappear" for a few months then come back with a new gimmac. I would not have had a problem in the WWE sent the Hip Hop Hippo back to Japan, then paid money to have his Tout broadcast on Japanesse TV along with his flight information....

I also think Punk should have been stripped of the belt and suspended a few weeks back for telling a fan to "drink bleach" and another to "kill yourself" on Twitter because the disagreed with him over gay marrage.

I also feel that just because someone else was not punished does NOT mean "you" should not be punished. Plus as I said in a different post, and was proven correct, that it was not just his rape comment that got him released it was the Tweet he sent out about voting for Linda that got him fired.
                            Ah, yes. Very good points, South.

The comments CM Punk made on Twitter flew over my head but I do remember reading that several weeks ago.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                              With Michael Cole being a heel, Lawler has to be the face. There's always one face & one heel on commentary
                              Oh please, that's hardly an excuse to keep a man who seems completely uninterested in the product anymore.

Vince made it a point many times to remind people that the entire reason JR was replaced was because they wanted younger, fresher faces and to this day he is still 100x better than Lawler.

Lawler is old, uninteresting and adds very little to the booth anymore other than the typical kiss the backside of whatever face is in the ring. I can't remember the last time he was actually any good.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Cole needs to go, he does get heat but it is X-Pac heat.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X