WWE/AEW/NWJP/IMPACT Pro Wrestling Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
    Apparently Carlito tweeted that rumor was not true.
    What is wrong with that guy? Yes, Sin Cara's back
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 01-27-2013, 07:00 PM.
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Cena wins the Royal Rumble. Let the hate commence!!!
      LET 'ER BUCK!!!
      Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

• I'm esctatic
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Does this mean Rock will win tonight? Hmmm.
          LET 'ER BUCK!!!

Comment

• Finally the reign is over and come April, THE TRUE CHAMPION WILL RETURN!

Comment

• That would be a "yes". Please tell me this means that Rock will actually be at every Raw show and he won't be a champ "live via satellite".
              LET 'ER BUCK!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                Finally the reign is over and come April, THE TRUE CHAMPION WILL RETURN!
                We tend to agree on many things Hum, but certainly never will here. John Cena sucks, and I have never seen a more obvious Royal Rumble in my entire life.

Sooo looking forward to seeing the Rock lose the belt to him at wrestlemania

My favorite match was Cesaro/Miz in the preshow. I like how Punk/Rock ended, but I mean, he didn't even give him the rock bottom, except after the announce table goof. Could have been better, will elaborate later.

Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
                That would be a "yes". Please tell me this means that Rock will actually be at every Raw show and he won't be a champ "live via satellite".
                I definitely don't think he'll be at every one. He has 3 movies or something in production. I do think he'll be at some of them though.

Here's what should have happened:

Cena wins the Rumble, fine. During the champ match, the shield comes down and beats down the rock like they did, but more publicly, Vince strips him, they start over, etc. While they're fighting again, the shield comes back down and beats up cm punk AND the Rock and they drag the Rock over top of Punk for the win. Through the next couple weeks we see the shield torment Punk, stop him from winning Elimination Chamber, etc, and eventually we find out that CENA is the guiding hand behind the shield. Making sure that he gets the rematch with the Rock. Perfect way to turn him heel, and actually make him moderately interesting for a change.

The next 4 or 5 months of wwe is going to be predictable as all get out.

Anyone else let down that it wasn't Undertaker when the lights went out?
                Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 01-27-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Vince is going to punish Heyman tomorrow night. Now I'm indifferent to Paul Heyman, some things I like, some I don't. However no one should be able to disicipline a manager/valet/consultant/bodyguard/etc. except their client

Comment

• Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
                    Apparently Carlito tweeted that rumor was not true.
                    I wish they'd bring Benjamin back. Pair him up with Jack Swagger and bring back The World's Greatest Tag Team. Let Ric Flair be their manager and really push Flair's gimmick with Swagger and Benjamin. Also Shelton could really push those intercontinental and united states title contenders towards main event status by putting on some great matches with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      I wish they'd bring Benjamin back. Pair him up with Jack Swagger and bring back The World's Greatest Tag Team. Let Ric Flair be their manager and really push Flair's gimmick with Swagger and Benjamin. Also Shelton could really push those intercontinental and united states title contenders towards main event status by putting on some great matches with them.
                      I LOVE this idea

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        I LOVE this idea
                        I thought about this for awhile now actually. It seems like something the WWE should have already thought of because everything really seems to fit together. TWGTT and Swagger go with Flair's gimmick, Benjamin was the Gold Standard for awhile and that goes with the gimmick too but I hope they would keep that out lol. Flair and Benjamin could personally develop Swagger into the next great superstar.

Comment

• Best part of the show was JBL's commentary. Y2J return closely follows that. The whole event felt like a huge middle finger to my patience.

I don't care if it all makes sense in story, Cena needs a good year this year, cause y'know, he only won MITB, headlined Wrestlemania (if Miz is to be believed that's a huge deal), had nearly the exact same number of wins as the WWE Champion. He ousted Laurinitis by beating Big Show, he beat Kane in an ambulance match, he had a poor program with the Rock where he lost, he got title shots without earning them, got injured and missed a PPV that had a relatively high buyrate, up from previous years. If "bad year" can be translated to "involved in absolute crap storylines" then yes he had a bad year.

I just feel duped. Since WM27 this is what we were going towards. Rock vs Cena 2 for the title. I don't even care that Rock won the title. The build up to the Rumble match was terrific. The match itself was pretty good, much better than Rock Cena.

That's my problem though. The WM lineup is taking form, I just want to see good matches, with good stories.

We'll get:

Rock vs Cena 2 - Terrible match last year, next to no chemistry. Not as bad as Miz vs Cena but still awful.
                          Punk vs Taker - Punk is rewarded for his efforts by being fed to Undertaker. Who he's feuded with extensively before.
                          Lesnar vs HHH - Rewatched the match they had at SS lately and it was boooooring.

I won't be buying WM this year unless a miracle happens. I'll just catch the matches I want to see the morning after. I had hope for this years rumble. The opening match was superb, and the rumble itself was a massive improvement on last year, just a terrible outcome. If the final 4 had been Cena, Ryback, Ziggler and Y2J/Big Show I could see then how it would be good to see Cena "overcome the odds" and beat three people out to get him. But correct if I'm wrong but Sheamus and Cena teamed up to take Ryback out and then concentrated on one another. Eh? Overcome the odds against the big bad Ryback (with a little help from Smackdown's resident Superman).

Wake me up when it gets better please.

edit: Also, I won about £100 betting on the Rumble this year. For someone a little richer I should really be a lot happier!

Comment

• Is it set in stone that Punk and Taker will be facing off at Wrestlemania 29?

Comment

• I'd rather see Undertaker fight someone that he hasn't fought before

Comment

• Nah but that's what I hear with my ear to the ground. Taker traditionally hand picks who he wants to face. Can't see it being anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X