Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Impact will pick him up
    I'll rephrase. I won't be surprised if I don't see him again.

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    I will be very mad if he does.
    Me too. His racism gimmick wasn't going to last long anyway.

Comment

• Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger break character to address Glenn Beck, make sure you watch it all the way through. Absolutely awesome video, makes me almost proud!

Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
        Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger break character to address Glenn Beck, make sure you watch it all the way through. Absolutely awesome video, makes me almost proud!

Wow, that was awesome lol...

I guess Swagger's arrest is getting swept under the rug.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
          Wow, that was awesome lol...

I guess Swagger's arrest is getting swept under the rug.
          It's always great to see somebody stick up for us, the wrestling fans
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            It's always great to see somebody stick up for us, the wrestling fans
            Right you are, and he delivered it brilliantly in such a way that made Glenn Beck look foolish.
            Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Right you are, and he delivered it brilliantly in such a way that made Glenn Beck look foolish.
              Absolutely
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• I watched that video and the one of Glenn when he talked about what the WWE Is doing and I just shake my head. Vince is trying to use this to get main stream press for Mania and that is all it is. I am a fan of Glenn Beck as well as a WWE fan so I a can see both sides better then someone that only watches one of them. Beck NEVER insulted WWE fans. His "stupid wrestling people" comment was directed at the creative team behind this angle. In the original clip Beck was defending wrestling fans by saying this storyline is offensive to the fans of both that Zeb pointed out. The closet he came in saying any remotely bad about the fans was one said that most WWE fans are not apart of the elite on the left, basically the counterpart to what the Occupy Wall Street call the 1% on the right. The other was that NASCAR fans are better then wrestling fans. as wrestling fans we tend to forget that most people feel this way about wrestling. To be honest for the most part they are right. Look at the crowd at any wrestling show like tonight's Raw. There is a large number of fans that are like that kid in the infamous "It's still real to me" video. To quote Seinfeld "Not that there is anything wrong with that". From its earliest days wrestling has always been this way and viewed this way.

What is truly funny is that the WWE thinks that they need to explain that these are characters to him and that it is "entertainment". When he clear said so in the 13 minute or so segment. Secondly the miss the fact that while Beck is a commentator there is a lot of "entertainment" to the way he delivers his commentary. He publishes a monthly magazine called "Fusion". It is called that because it is a fusion of entertainment and commentary.

The sole reason the WWE does anything along these lines is to get mainstream coverage for Mania. When they get the coverage they want the manufacture a controversy with false outrage. One of two things were going to happen when Cole and King started to talk about Beck, Rush and the others.

1. They would agree with them and WWE gets coverage.
                2. They disagree with it, and defend themselves and the people they are mocking and WWE gets coverage.

From what I have gathered most fans were upset with what was being said. I know I did not like them trying to paint all conservatives as crazy racists. Just like how I did not like how Muhammed Hassan was being presented or with Cryme Time.

Did anyone else think of Kate Vick, "Who Killed Mr McMahon", the time Paul Bearer was killed by Taker at a PPV? Or how Vince wanted an incest storyline with his daughter? Sorry Vince but the WWE does not have the moral high ground on this. Yes it is PG now but it always has not been. Trying to say so is insulting.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

• Cena won tonight's main event match. He kept his #1 contenders spot.

sigpic

Comment

Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger break character to address Glenn Beck, make sure you watch it all the way through. Absolutely awesome video, makes me almost proud!

lol that was awesome.

I personally like the Jack Swagger story line right now, reminds me a bit of the Iron Shiek and Sargent Slaughter story line when the US first invaded Iraq. Unfortunately Slaughter received a death threat from a fan who took "Raslin" way too seriously.

Unfortunately I think WWE capitalized on the political vitriol a tad bit too late. Should have done it at the height of the Tea Party movement in 2010/2011.

Feel like I have been duped by WWE with their false advertisement of the "once in a life time" match, now twice in a life time.

Will not be buying WM29
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      Cena won tonight's main event match. He kept his #1 contenders spot.
                      Well of course he did.

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                      Feel like I have been duped by WWE with their false advertisement of the "once in a life time" match, now twice in a life time.

Will not be buying WM29
                      All the matches are rehashes. We have to suffer through Cena beating the Rock, and through HHH and Lesnar yet again. If there's any hope to be had it'll be in the undercard matches which at least won't be completely predictable. Cesaro/Miz, Barrett/Shaemus should be good. I'm definitely not going to buy it either, but I haven't bought a PPV in forever. If they make Mark Henry fight Khali at WM I will cry. I'm going to get his new shirt.

How about no divas matches the last two weeks? Ouch divas.

Comment

• I wonder what The Shield will be doing. I bet it is Ryback, Y2J and one other.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                          I wonder what The Shield will be doing. I bet it is Ryback, Y2J and one other.
                          Orton.....

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            Orton.....
                            Yeah I forgot about him.

So I really thought they would do something cool like have the Shield come down and help Cena beat CM Punk, revealing Cena as the hand behind the Shield... but I guess I should've known better, and it'll be another tired face/face main event.

So who is behind the Shield? I guess CM Punk is still the obvious answer, but I think it should be someone else. How about Mark Henry? WSM + The Shield would be domination. They need something for Henry to do... they can't keep passing him off in matches with jobbers and Khali. Khali needs to be asked to retire imo.

Comment

Yeah I forgot about him.

So I really thought they would do something cool like have the Shield come down and help Cena beat CM Punk, revealing Cena as the hand behind the Shield... but I guess I should've known better, and it'll be another tired face/face main event.

So who is behind the Shield? I guess CM Punk is still the obvious answer, but I think it should be someone else. How about Mark Henry? WSM + The Shield would be domination. They need something for Henry to do... they can't keep passing him off in matches with jobbers and Khali. Khali needs to be asked to retire imo.
                              They're not going to do anything else with the Shield, until they lose. I agree that Khali needs to go & I'd LOVE to see Mark Henry get the trifecta and win the WWE title

Comment

Well of course he did.

All the matches are rehashes. We have to suffer through Cena beating the Rock, and through HHH and Lesnar yet again. If there's any hope to be had it'll be in the undercard matches which at least won't be completely predictable. Cesaro/Miz, Barrett/Shaemus should be good. I'm definitely not going to buy it either, but I haven't bought a PPV in forever. If they make Mark Henry fight Khali at WM I will cry. I'm going to get his new shirt.

How about no divas matches the last two weeks? Ouch divas.
                                Honestly, Divas matches are nothing more than bathroom breaks. They are terrible 90 second performances.

WWE as a whole is a mess. 3 hour raw with nearly half of it being commercials.

More if you want to include the in show commercials they put on.

How many times have they advertised Dead Man Down movie?
                                Sonic fast food plugs
                                subway
                                Coors

WWE is not even about wrestling anymore, is one giant infomercial

At least there is Ring of Honor.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X