No announcement yet.

WWE/AEW/NWJP/IMPACT Pro Wrestling Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since MITB is just a few days away I thought I would do a prediction post. I've never done one of these so here it goes...

The Shield (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) (c) vs. The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso)

Easy win for The Shield. Their momentum is stalling a bit, but there is no way they are losing here. It's nice to see the Usos get a bit of a push though.

Winner - The Shield

AJ Lee (champion) vs. Kaitlyn -

AJ retains. Just no reason to take the belt off of her so fast. I wish they would bring Paige up from NXT to start an angle with AJ. There could be some good chemistry with those two.

Winner - Aj Lee

Curtis Axel (c) vs. The Miz

Another easy one. Axel wins. No reason to remove the belt so quickly. They have bigger plans for Axel than they are letting on I think. But it's going to be a slow build with him.

Winner - Curtis Axel

Chris Jericho vs. Ryback

Jericho is going to take one for the team here. I hate seeing him take a loss to Ryback but it just doesn't make any sense to have Ryback lose again. That's all he does at ppv's. They've completely ruined any momentum Ryback had when he was still a face, and his heel turn went horrible. He needs the win. And Jericho is a team player so my pick is Ryback.

Winner - Ryback

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

I originally thought Del Rio would retain and Ziggler would have to keep chasing the title but with Ricardo suspended it seems to have stalled Del Rio a bit. He really needs Ricardo out there to get the crowd involved. I just hope if Ziggy wins that he gets to actually hold it for a bit.

Winner - Dolph Ziggler

MITB
    Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Fandango vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro

This match is the one I am most looking forward to. And it's because it's a completely open field. It could honestly be any one of these guys. I'd be happy with any of them except maybe Swagger. Sandow is ready. Him and Rhodes both have earned this to be honest but they are still involved as a team, and I just don't see one or the other being pushed until they split them up properly. Same with Swagger and Cesaro now. So that leaves Fandango, Ambrose, and Barrett.

Ambrose has the most going for him coming into this match but is it really time to put him this close to the World Title? He still has the other Shield members and the US title to worry about. Seems like overkill.

Fandango was ready for a huge push and probably even missed out on being Intercontinental Champ because of his concussion. I still think he's not quit ready for this kind of a push though. He needs a lot more high profile matches first.

Which leaves Wade Barrett. Wade was on top of the heel world a few years back. His Intercontinental run went nowhere but he has all of the skills to be a top guy. Maybe the reason he was taken out of the Intercontinental scene was because he was ready for his real push. So my pick is Barrett to win.

Winner - Wade Barrett

MITB All Stars
    CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. Kane vs. Rob Van Dam

It's gotta be Bryan right? It's all lined up perfectly for him. His big push is here. Enjoy the ride everyone.

Winner - Daniel Bryan

John Cena (c) vs. Mark Henry

Well, I would love for Henry to win. And with his promo work lately part of me believes he can really do it. I want to say that Henry wins but that some sort of shenanigans happens and Bryan cashes in against Henry and we see a double title switch. But we all know what will happen...Super Cena will defy all odds and take down the unstoppable Mark Henry.
    So I guess I'm going with Cena. I hope I'm wrong on this one though.

Winner - John Cena
    Last edited by Downboy; 07-12-2013, 12:06 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Downboy View Post
      Since MITB is just a few days away I thought I would do a prediction post. I've never done one of these so here it goes...
      Nicely done.

I pretty much agree with all of your picks as well as the commentary that went along. I love the Usos, but there's no way they're winning this. Their push has been nice. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Shield went through some turmoil or a temporary breakup soon, they're losing steam.

I hope AJ/Kaitlyn is longer than 5 minutes, they're easily the most talented divas right now.

Axel/Miz, blah. Axel is really uninteresting on the mic, I couldn't care less who wins that, the IC title is a disgrace anymore. I love the RVD promos that pretty much are saying "hey, remember when we used to have ladder matches for the IC belt on RAW?! Yeah, sorry ;-)"

Ryback/Y2J, I really wouldn't be surprised if Y2J won, because what they've done to Ryback in the last month has been nothing short of horrendous. They killed everything he had going for him. If they would have let him put Cena through that ambulance his brand would be enormous right now. Huge. But no, obviously SuperCena can't lose and will continue to be a hindrance to the product for anyone over the age of 11. After their little heart to heart at the end of Raw, I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to drive Ryback into the ground by making Vicky his manager.

Del Rio/Zigs, No one deserves a solid title run more than DZ. He is hitting his stride but if he loses again he could lose it as sometimes happens with confusing heel/face scenarios. I wouldn't mind him winning the belt and losing to the MiTB winner fairly quickly and feuding that way for a while. Del Rio needs to take a backseat for a bit.

Barret is a solid pick for the MiTB. I would love Cesaro to win it but like the other guys it doesn't make sense for them. Part of me wants Fandango to win it, he's going to be great in that match.

The other one I'm not so sure. RVD is supposedly going to be around for at least the rest of this year, in a part time kind of thing. I could definitely see him getting the case and popping in every now and then to remind us he has it for the next big ppv etc. Things are definitely set up for Bryan. It will be either of those two.

p.s. among other things I wouldn't be surprised at.... HHH vs. Vince at summerslam :doh:

pps - I also wanted to say that there hasn't been a crowd in a while that I haven't hated. Some of them really need to chill out. Like the crowd chanting "Husky Harris" during the Wyatt debut. Dumb and uncalled for and they're messing with these guys' careers. You should never chant for announcers during a match, or chant for wrestlers that aren't in the ring.
      Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 07-12-2013, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        Nicely done.

I pretty much agree with all of your picks as well as the commentary that went along. I love the Usos, but there's no way they're winning this. Their push has been nice. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Shield went through some turmoil or a temporary breakup soon, they're losing steam.

I hope AJ/Kaitlyn is longer than 5 minutes, they're easily the most talented divas right now.

Axel/Miz, blah. Axel is really uninteresting on the mic, I couldn't care less who wins that, the IC title is a disgrace anymore. I love the RVD promos that pretty much are saying "hey, remember when we used to have ladder matches for the IC belt on RAW?! Yeah, sorry ;-)"

Ryback/Y2J, I really wouldn't be surprised if Y2J won, because what they've done to Ryback in the last month has been nothing short of horrendous. They killed everything he had going for him. If they would have let him put Cena through that ambulance his brand would be enormous right now. Huge. But no, obviously SuperCena can't lose and will continue to be a hindrance to the product for anyone over the age of 11. After their little heart to heart at the end of Raw, I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to drive Ryback into the ground by making Vicky his manager.

Del Rio/Zigs, No one deserves a solid title run more than DZ. He is hitting his stride but if he loses again he could lose it as sometimes happens with confusing heel/face scenarios. I wouldn't mind him winning the belt and losing to the MiTB winner fairly quickly and feuding that way for a while. Del Rio needs to take a backseat for a bit.

Barret is a solid pick for the MiTB. I would love Cesaro to win it but like the other guys it doesn't make sense for them. Part of me wants Fandango to win it, he's going to be great in that match.

The other one I'm not so sure. RVD is supposedly going to be around for at least the rest of this year, in a part time kind of thing. I could definitely see him getting the case and popping in every now and then to remind us he has it for the next big ppv etc. Things are definitely set up for Bryan. It will be either of those two.

p.s. among other things I wouldn't be surprised at.... HHH vs. Vince at summerslam :doh:

pps - I also wanted to say that there hasn't been a crowd in a while that I haven't hated. Some of them really need to chill out. Like the crowd chanting "Husky Harris" during the Wyatt debut. Dumb and uncalled for and they're messing with these guys' careers. You should never chant for announcers during a match, or chant for wrestlers that aren't in the ring.
        Thanks for the feedback. I completely agree abut the "Husky Harris" chants. I've never chanted Isaac Yankem at Kane. There are countless numbers of wrestlers who started off with a lame name or gimmick. These crowds better not ruin The Wyatts. Bray is gonna be a big deal if people would just relax and give a guy a chance.

sigpic

Comment

Since MITB is just a few days away I thought I would do a prediction post. I've never done one of these so here it goes...

The Shield (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) (c) vs. The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso)

Easy win for The Shield. Their momentum is stalling a bit, but there is no way they are losing here. It's nice to see the Usos get a bit of a push though.

Winner - The Shield

AJ Lee (champion) vs. Kaitlyn -

AJ retains. Just no reason to take the belt off of her so fast. I wish they would bring Paige up from NXT to start an angle with AJ. There could be some good chemistry with those two.

Winner - Aj Lee

Curtis Axel (c) vs. The Miz

Another easy one. Axel wins. No reason to remove the belt so quickly. They have bigger plans for Axel than they are letting on I think. But it's going to be a slow build with him.

Winner - Curtis Axel

Chris Jericho vs. Ryback

Jericho is going to take one for the team here. I hate seeing him take a loss to Ryback but it just doesn't make any sense to have Ryback lose again. That's all he does at ppv's. They've completely ruined any momentum Ryback had when he was still a face, and his heel turn went horrible. He needs the win. And Jericho is a team player so my pick is Ryback.

Winner - Ryback

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

I originally thought Del Rio would retain and Ziggler would have to keep chasing the title but with Ricardo suspended it seems to have stalled Del Rio a bit. He really needs Ricardo out there to get the crowd involved. I just hope if Ziggy wins that he gets to actually hold it for a bit.

Winner - Dolph Ziggler

MITB
          Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Fandango vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro

This match is the one I am most looking forward to. And it's because it's a completely open field. It could honestly be any one of these guys. I'd be happy with any of them except maybe Swagger. Sandow is ready. Him and Rhodes both have earned this to be honest but they are still involved as a team, and I just don't see one or the other being pushed until they split them up properly. Same with Swagger and Cesaro now. So that leaves Fandango, Ambrose, and Barrett.

Ambrose has the most going for him coming into this match but is it really time to put him this close to the World Title? He still has the other Shield members and the US title to worry about. Seems like overkill.

Fandango was ready for a huge push and probably even missed out on being Intercontinental Champ because of his concussion. I still think he's not quit ready for this kind of a push though. He needs a lot more high profile matches first.

Which leaves Wade Barrett. Wade was on top of the heel world a few years back. His Intercontinental run went nowhere but he has all of the skills to be a top guy. Maybe the reason he was taken out of the Intercontinental scene was because he was ready for his real push. So my pick is Barrett to win.

Winner - Wade Barrett

MITB All Stars
          CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. Kane vs. Rob Van Dam

It's gotta be Bryan right? It's all lined up perfectly for him. His big push is here. Enjoy the ride everyone.

Winner - Daniel Bryan

John Cena (c) vs. Mark Henry

Well, I would love for Henry to win. And with his promo work lately part of me believes he can really do it. I want to say that Henry wins but that some sort of shenanigans happens and Bryan cashes in against Henry and we see a double title switch. But we all know what will happen...Super Cena will defy all odds and take down the unstoppable Mark Henry.
          So I guess I'm going with Cena. I hope I'm wrong on this one though.

Winner - John Cena
          My winners are: RVD, (although I won't be surprised if Bryan or Orton win) Barrett, (Although I won't be surprised if FONDONgo wins) Y2J, and all the champions retain
          What I WANT to Happen: RVD, Cesaro, Y2J, Henry, Dolph, Axel, and The Usos
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• After watching Smackdown I'm starting to think Orton is going to win. Bryan is being booked too strong and he really doesn't even need the win. Neither does Orton but it could set up a feud between the two and a possible 3-way match at Summerslam with Orton-Cena-Bryan.

sigpic

Comment

After watching Smackdown I'm starting to think Orton is going to win. Bryan is being booked too strong and he really doesn't even need the win. Neither does Orton but it could set up a feud between the two and a possible 3-way match at Summerslam with Orton-Cena-Bryan.
              That could be. I know Punk isn't going to win because he's going to be tied up with Lesnar at least through SS. Orton kind of makes sense as well, he's been out of title hunt for too long.

I just want to see RVD win I guess, he's one of my favorites.

Comment

That could be. I know Punk isn't going to win because he's going to be tied up with Lesnar at least through SS. Orton kind of makes sense as well, he's been out of title hunt for too long.

I just want to see RVD win I guess, he's one of my favorites.
                Yeah I don't think they'd bring RVD back to not put him in the title hunt. Orton, Bryan, nor Sheamus need to win to get a title shot. That leaves RVD, Kane, and Christian. Kane is just kind of there. Christian would be cool, but I doubt they give him another push so soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  Yeah I don't think they'd bring RVD back to not put him in the title hunt. Orton, Bryan, nor Sheamus need to win to get a title shot. That leaves RVD, Kane, and Christian. Kane is just kind of there. Christian would be cool, but I doubt they give him another push so soon.
                  I HATE reading rumor stuff, but sometimes I do. I read at a few places they're thinking about swapping Kane with Wyatt.

Comment

I HATE reading rumor stuff, but sometimes I do. I read at a few places they're thinking about swapping Kane with Wyatt.
                    It wouldn't surprise me, Kane doesn't really have a place in this match and it seems like Wyatt is going to end up as Kane's successor as a "monster". It'll likely be some kind of backstage attack on Kane, Wyatt will take his place and likely win the match. That's how I see it happening if they do put him in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      It wouldn't surprise me, Kane doesn't really have a place in this match and it seems like Wyatt is going to end up as Kane's successor as a "monster". It'll likely be some kind of backstage attack on Kane, Wyatt will take his place and likely win the match. That's how I see it happening if they do put him in it.
                      Or, Wyatt adds Kane to his 'following' and just takes the spot. I envision Wyatt putting a huge stable together with his pastor/cult leader angle.

Comment

• It occurred to me last night that the reason Wyatt attacked Kane could be to end up in MITB, then I realised he would have to win it otherwise it'd be ridiculously stupid booking.

I'm also starting to think, agreeing with Downboy, the last thing D-Bryan needs is to win MITB, he deserves and seems to be getting a good old fashioned main-event push, and I prefer it that way.

Rob Van Dam and Dean Ambrose are my predictions.
                        Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Sandow won MITB. That one surprised me just because I thought for sure now it was Barrett's turn in the main event. He seemed like he's been right on the cusp for years now. I wonder why they're not pulling the trigger.
                          LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                          Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

• Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
                            Sandow won MITB. That one surprised me just because I thought for sure now it was Barrett's turn in the main event. He seemed like he's been right on the cusp for years now. I wonder why they're not pulling the trigger.
                            God I HATE it that he won, ruined the whole ppv for me. The only redeemable thing would be if he lost it to Cody
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Probably the two weakest MitB matches I've ever seen. I didn't think 6-man ladder matches could be so boring. They need to put the wreckless and creative underdogs in these matches, that's what made them great for so many years.

AJ/Kaitlyn was the best match. That says a lot. Actually the preshow match with the Shield and the Usos was the match of the night BY FAR.

Comment

• This is the worst that I've seen WWF(E) in a while. I like one champion out of 6 and don't like either MITB winner

Comment

Working...
                                X