X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andyy_47
    Best in the World.
    • Sep 2008

Rumour is Tensai was told to sandbag just to see how Ryback would react. Would have helped if Tensai worked over his arm or back to make it seem realistic that Ryback would struggle compared to Friday but whatever. If WWE wanted to test him then I'd say he probably passed. If it wasn't a test and just him struggling to lift Tensai then he's letting a main event opportunity drop (or not lifting it in the first place...). It's not like big Albert hasn't been a consummate professional in the past, he got dropped on his neck by Brock and I didn't read anywhere that he was bitter. He's jobbed his whole career. He came back to the US to make a quick buck jobbing to the stars instead of being king of the mountain in Japan. I lean towards it being a test.

I was majorly impressed with Cesaro though. He recognised he couldn't get Brodus up for the Swiss Death so hit a springboard European Uppercut which was pretty imaginative. Then he managed to get Clay up for that weak finisher. Hate the move but I was more than impressed with that. I hope WWE sticks with this guy being a midcard champion and builds him up.

Sandow was also outstanding against Sheamus. It was a pretty stiff match which was something I didn't think he'd cope with but he took it like a champ and dished it out too. It was a lot of fun to watch, he threw in a ton of offense. Loved his effort in this one.

It's the Punk show, and you won't hear my complaining. Just the way he comes out to the ring now gets people riled up. It's really fun to watch a guy in his element and doing what he's best at, as opposed to corny face Punk. It was a refreshing show without Cena again but...

3 hours just drags... I find myself forgetting what even happened in the first hour, which makes me realise I don't really care. There's so many guys on that roster that simply need to take a break for a month or so just to rehabilitate or just freshen up a little. Del Rio has become so damn boring for example, he's been overexposed. An example of this recently was Show doing the media rounds and coming back recently and getting a pretty awesome reaction in the arena. The roster isn't as thin as it was a year ago I don't think. There's people they can elevate to fill some holes. Sheamus and Big Show should be a decent transitional feud. If they go with Punk Ryback it'll be really rushed but it'll work in the meantime. I'm just getting a little bored of the same people every week doing the same shtick.

Rant over.

Oh and I got excited to watch Impact this week and it blew. So disappointed because I had it taped and couldn't wait to finish work to see Samoa Joe wrestle twice, and that Gut Check guy get a contract because he was great. But neither happened

Comment

• theMileHighGuy
      ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
      • Oct 2004

Why would they do that to Ryback? He could have pulled a muscle or something trying to do that if Tensai was just playing dead weight, which it looked like he was. If they want to get the Goldberg schtick off him have him lose. Don't get either of those guys hurt.

The 3 hour show does get tough to watch live with the constant recaps and commercials. I've resorted to DVR/Youtube to watch it recently. Still better than watching Impact though... imo the production and talent just aren't there and I can't get into it. Their Diva's matches are 2 minute long armdrag contests, while you have Beth and Natalya almost stealing the show on Smackdown.

I like Cena, but it's been kinda nice him not being around for a while...

Comment

• HUMCALC
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        Why would they do that to Ryback? He could have pulled a muscle or something trying to do that if Tensai was just playing dead weight, which it looked like he was. If they want to get the Goldberg schtick off him have him lose. Don't get either of those guys hurt.

The 3 hour show does get tough to watch live with the constant recaps and commercials. I've resorted to DVR/Youtube to watch it recently. Still better than watching Impact though... imo the production and talent just aren't there and I can't get into it. Their Diva's matches are 2 minute long armdrag contests, while you have Beth and Natalya almost stealing the show on Smackdown.

I like Cena, but it's been kinda nice him not being around for a while...
        IMHO TNA has twice the talent that WW does, but I do agree about the divas
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Andyy_47
          Best in the World.
          • Sep 2008

I think Knockouts are overrated but my god with Beth leaving the company WWE has nothing to brag about.

And apparently it was just to see how Ryback reacted. If he would go to another finish (which was the right thing to do) or freak out live and attack Tensai like Perry Saturn did live years ago, and he never got out the dog house. His "moppy" gimmick to try and get him to quit.

Anyways, got the Punk DVD! Excited to watch

Comment

• EvertonBroncos
            All-Pro
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
            I think Knockouts are overrated but my god with Beth leaving the company WWE has nothing to brag about.

And apparently it was just to see how Ryback reacted. If he would go to another finish (which was the right thing to do) or freak out live and attack Tensai like Perry Saturn did live years ago, and he never got out the dog house. His "moppy" gimmick to try and get him to quit.

Anyways, got the Punk DVD! Excited to watch
            Where have you heard that? He passed with flying colours in that case! I'll never forget the Perry Saturn incident, nearly killed the poor guy.

Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Andyy_47
              Best in the World.
              • Sep 2008

Dirt sheets And yeah the Saturn moment was epic. It wasn't a test in the first place but it was an occasion where he just totally failed.

Comment

• EvertonBroncos
                All-Pro
                • Jun 2010

Good ol' dirt sheets! No matter how many times I watch the Perry Saturn incident, I will always howl laughing at him swinging for the guy so hard he just falls over

Comment

• demonicbroncos
                  Starter
                  • Nov 2009

From the looks of it, WWE fired head writer Brian Gewirtz after 10 years.

I welcome the change.

Comment

• HUMCALC
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                    From the looks of it, WWE fired head writer Brian Gewirtz after 10 years.

I welcome the change.
                    I wish Heyman were in complete charge of the writing. Does anyone know the name of Darren Young's finisher?
                    Last edited by HUMCALC; 10-08-2012, 07:01 PM.
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• EvertonBroncos
                      All-Pro
                      • Jun 2010

^ The Gut Check

I think a better ending would have been giving Punk an ultimatum that he has to pick Cena/Ryback or he'll face them both or even be fired, and have Ryback/Cena for the vacant title. Would have been better than Vince deciding on his behalf, would have made Raw more interesting next week. Ryback was ridiculously over with the crowd last night, was a great crowd in Sacramento

Comment

• Andyy_47
                        Best in the World.
                        • Sep 2008

Nuts Raw tonight, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

• theMileHighGuy
                          ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
                          • Oct 2004

Yeah that Raw was fantastic. Looks like firing the writer was a good idea.

Comment

• Andyy_47
                            Best in the World.
                            • Sep 2008

What does everyone think of CM Punk attacking the fan then?

Comment

• HurricaneDovs
                              Playmaker
                              • Dec 2006

Thank goodness theyre finally putting Kofi in a program and letting him have time to talk.
                              LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                              Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

• EvertonBroncos
                                All-Pro
                                • Jun 2010

Agreed, really like Kofi, he's a great talent.

I'm intrigued to see how the powers that be at WWE will think of a finish at HIAC that will

a) Keep the title on Punk until the Royal Rumble
                                b) Keep Ryback's streak going

both of which seem to be the direction WWE are going in. Unless they throw a monumental swerve and put the title on Ryback for a month or two...

Comment

Working...
                                X