Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Sherdog as lots of trolls I been user on there since 2007. Jones is NOT a freak athlete he's good athlete though if would been good/great at other sport you have a point. Jones hasn't fought 10 ten fighter yet and everyone is all over his jockstrap fans are in for a rude awaking soon and hype will end sad though cuz I like him as a fighter. On to Overroid he will lose in 1st or 2nd round probley Fedor going prove them wrong again. Here a picture of Overroid does this look natural?

    C:\Users\Jesse\Pictures\Other wallpa...m-Timeline.jpg
    Haters gonna hate....



    I am just messing with you guys. I agree that most Overeem fans are really annoying, especially on Sherdog. That is why I don't have an account. I only look through the threads for news, and then get out. That place is rediculous. I am a huge Overeem fan and I'll admit it, but I can see realistically. He hasn't fought near the competition level of Fedor and Werdum, and he could be in for a rude awakening. I just think he stand up is light years ahead of theirs, and he will be too strong and athletic for them to take him down..

    Chillez, I do find it funny how you love accusing Overeem of using, yet he has been tested numerous times and never tested positive. You hate Overeem for "using steroids" even though it has never been close to proven. Then you turn around and say you want to see Barnett in the finals, who has tested positive for steroids time, after time, after time.... Lol
    Last edited by InElwayWeTrust; 01-24-2011, 10:27 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jc13 View Post
      I have to disagree lol.

      If anyone is gonna get wrestle fudged its gonna be Jones.

      Bader's wrestling credentials are pretty damn good compared to bones JUCCO credentials.

      He is a Jackson fighter though so he might lay and pray for all we know.
      All 3 of Jones last 3 fights have been against people with better wrestling careers,
      but that doesn't translate to MMA. Jones has tossed and chucked GREAT wrestlers
      with ease in the Octagon, his Greco background works superb.

      Really? Jones has never laid n prayed before so I don't expect it now. I can
      tell you that Vera is wishing he did though.
      Last edited by GridironChamp; 01-25-2011, 02:37 PM.
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

      ^^^Get used to it.^^^

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
        All 3 of Jones last 3 fights have been against people with better wrestling careers,
        but that doesn't translate to MMA. Jones has tossed and chucked GREAT wrestlers
        with ease in the Octagon, his Greco background works superb.

        Really? Jones has never laid n prayed before so I don't expect it now. I can
        tell you that Vera is wishing he did though.
        He hasn't lay and prayed yet.

        Condit , Carwin , and Jones are the only Greg Jackson fighters who haven't had all the talent sucked out of them yet.

        Look at Clay Guida and Melvin Guilard they both were exciting up and coming fighters. Now Guida just jumps around like a monkey. Guilard scored a TKO this weekend but I don't think he follows Jackson's gameplan. Did you see his UFC 119 fight?

        This is an important fight for Jones his most dangerous by far.

        I'm sure hes going to play it safe. Who knows maybe he finishes.
        Now go get your shine box

        Comment


        • Wow! Great event by Strikeforce!!! Really gotta hand it to them, every fight on the card was extremely entertaining! Also, I went 4-0 on my picks for the fights so that's pretty awesome too! I also got Gracie and Jacare fights exactly right! Good night of fights, can't wait for UFC 126!!!!


          P.S.- Here were my picks, don't read them if you haven't seen the fights yet, don't wanna spoil it for anyone, so here is the warning.

          Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
          Herschel Walker def Scott Carson- Unanimous Decision
          Roger Gracie def Trevor Prangley- Sub Rnd1
          Middleweight Championship- Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza def Robbie Lawler- Sub Rnd2
          Welterweight Championship- Nick Diaz def Evangelista Santos- Unanimous Decision

          Comment


          • Strikeforce is a joke.
            Originally posted by Soldier96B
            i also took a crap and it was orange

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SeeingRed View Post
              Strikeforce is a joke.
              Agreed.

              Strikeforce is like Canadian Football.

              Sounds cool to watch until you see them play.
              Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

              Creator of the smiley

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SeeingRed View Post
                Strikeforce is a joke.
                they mismatch too much...
                Now go get your shine box

                Comment


                • The announcers and interviewers are what kill me. They took the Pride throw aways. The guy with the mucho dental work sounds like he should be doing documentaries. Frank Shamrock is a complete idiot. His "Keys to the fight" BS are some of the worst "pointers" I've ever heard of. The guy with the really yellow teeth that looks like someone wrapped a bare skeleton in skin bothers the bageezus outta me. There's just nothing about Strikeforce I like....except for Nick Diaz and Gegard Mousassi. That's the best talent that whole organization has.
                  Originally posted by Soldier96B
                  i also took a crap and it was orange

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SeeingRed View Post
                    The announcers and interviewers are what kill me. They took the Pride throw aways. The guy with the mucho dental work sounds like he should be doing documentaries. Frank Shamrock is a complete idiot. His "Keys to the fight" BS are some of the worst "pointers" I've ever heard of. The guy with the really yellow teeth that looks like someone wrapped a bare skeleton in skin bothers the bageezus outta me. There's just nothing about Strikeforce I like....except for Nick Diaz and Gegard Mousassi. That's the best talent that whole organization has.
                    Well Mauro Ronallo is ok some of his announcing in PRIDE is legendary..

                    But, he has a tendency to say really goofy things like "MC Hammer's favorite move is the Hammer fist!" Frank Shamrock walks around thinking hes some sort of legend of the sport, and Pat Millitech is just some trainer who worked with guys like Tim Sylvia and Matt Hughes.

                    I just wish Strikeforce would have more stability. Announcing fights 1 month before isn't good either.. How are the fighters supposed to even have a proper camp in 4 or 5 weeks? Ill give them credit for going all out on the Heavy Weight Gan Prix, but I was thinking once you have a winner who is he going to defend the title against? Then the mismatches... Lately they have been doing it a lot. Matt Lindland Vs. Robbie Lawler , Scott Smith Vs. Paul Daley , Knoons , Santos Vs. Daley.. Herchell Walker Vs. those cans. Then your biggest draws Fedor , Overeem , Melendez , and Cung Lee , and some other guys like Diaz and Mayhem you can't get them to fight more then once or twice a year. Strikeforce needs to exist, because that's a good way for prospects to rise and make their way to the UFC.
                    Now go get your shine box

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SeeingRed View Post
                      The announcers and interviewers are what kill me. They took the Pride throw aways. The guy with the mucho dental work sounds like he should be doing documentaries. Frank Shamrock is a complete idiot. His "Keys to the fight" BS are some of the worst "pointers" I've ever heard of. The guy with the really yellow teeth that looks like someone wrapped a bare skeleton in skin bothers the bageezus outta me. There's just nothing about Strikeforce I like....except for Nick Diaz and Gegard Mousassi. That's the best talent that whole organization has.
                      I will give you that the announcers aren't nearly as good as the UFC's, and the matchmakers make some dumb fights. The organization isn't run as well as the UFC, but that is the higher-ups. You can't dog the fighters in Strikeforce because of that. They have A LOT of talent in pretty much every weight class. They might actually have a better HW division than the UFC. The UFC has much better depth, and puts on great cards consistently, but Strikeforce has some very good matchups themselves.

                      I am a huge UFC fan, and haven't missed a single ppv since like 2005. That being said, I am looking forward to this 8 Man Heavyweight Grand Prix more than any UFC card ever. If this thing goes as planned, it will be absolutely EPIC! I also enjoy watching Dream, Bellator, and other HD Net fights also, even though I know they don't have the talent of the UFC. That doesn't mean they don't put on entertaining fights.

                      YOU CAN'T TELL ME YOU'RE NOT PSYCHED FOR THIS!?!?!?!?!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HBIavLiCxM
                      Last edited by InElwayWeTrust; 01-31-2011, 08:54 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Silent-Assassin View Post
                        Agreed.

                        Strikeforce is like Canadian Football.

                        Sounds cool to watch until you see them play.
                        You must not watch much Strikeforce... You must have watched one or two events and just caught a bad one because their fights are usually as entertaining as the UFC, and sometimes better...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                          You must not watch much Strikeforce... You must have watched one or two events and just caught a bad one because their fights are usually as entertaining as the UFC, and sometimes better...
                          A lot of the fights on HDNet are pretty good too. Mostly K1 style or Japanese MMA... but none the less, some great fights.
                          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                            A lot of the fights on HDNet are pretty good too. Mostly K1 style or Japanese MMA... but none the less, some great fights.
                            Yea, I like a lot of the lower tier fighting orgs. because the those guys just go for it. Don't get me wrong, I like UFC over all others, but those guys sometimes fight not to lose, and it gets on my last nerve. When you're an up and coming fighter, you have to Knock people the hell out, not just slide by a decision. Makes for some great fights!

                            Comment


                            • Well, the Fight card of the Year (I know we just hit February) is only 2 days away and I am absolutely pumped for it!!! One of my favorites Bones Jones is fighting his biggest test of his career. And 2 fighters that no one can hate, that always put on a great fight are gonna be slugging it out with Franklin and Griffin. Then the main event, with the P4P champ fighting the best striker he's ever faced!!!! OMG this is gonna be awesome!!! Who else is as excited as me!?!?!?!?!

                              I will go ahead and make my picks for Saturday night.

                              Miguel Torres def Antonio Banuelos- Sub Rnd2
                              Jake Ellenberger def Carlos Eduardo Rocha- Unanimous Decision
                              Jon Jones def Ryan Bader- T/KO Rnd1
                              Forrest Griffin def Rich Franklin- Unanimous Decision

                              MAIN EVENT- MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
                              ANDERSON SILVA VS VITOR BELFORT
                              I think they will both come out very cautious, and for good reason. I see them throwing plenty of feints, gauging their reach, and this favors Silva big time IMO. Silva loves to get his opponents timing down, then attack. IMO that is why Sonnen was such a tough matchup for him, Chael didn't give him any time to set up, and that is exactly what Vitor should do, but I don't see that happening. I think Silva will be able to avoid Vitor's power long enough to tire him out, and make him less dangerous. The weight cut, and long layoff could have an impact on Vitor's conditioning. Silva will avoid the initial onslaught, then pick Vitor apart with his precision striking.

                              Anderson Silva def Vitor Belfort- T/KO Rnd3

                              What do you guys think?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                                Well, the Fight card of the Year (I know we just hit February) is only 2 days away and I am absolutely pumped for it!!! One of my favorites Bones Jones is fighting his biggest test of his career. And 2 fighters that no one can hate, that always put on a great fight are gonna be slugging it out with Franklin and Griffin. Then the main event, with the P4P champ fighting the best striker he's ever faced!!!! OMG this is gonna be awesome!!! Who else is as excited as me!?!?!?!?!

                                I will go ahead and make my picks for Saturday night.

                                Miguel Torres def Antonio Banuelos- Sub Rnd2
                                Jake Ellenberger def Carlos Eduardo Rocha- Unanimous Decision
                                Jon Jones def Ryan Bader- T/KO Rnd1
                                Forrest Griffin def Rich Franklin- Unanimous Decision

                                MAIN EVENT- MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
                                ANDERSON SILVA VS VITOR BELFORT
                                I think they will both come out very cautious, and for good reason. I see them throwing plenty of feints, gauging their reach, and this favors Silva big time IMO. Silva loves to get his opponents timing down, then attack. IMO that is why Sonnen was such a tough matchup for him, Chael didn't give him any time to set up, and that is exactly what Vitor should do, but I don't see that happening. I think Silva will be able to avoid Vitor's power long enough to tire him out, and make him less dangerous. The weight cut, and long layoff could have an impact on Vitor's conditioning. Silva will avoid the initial onslaught, then pick Vitor apart with his precision striking.

                                Anderson Silva def Vitor Belfort- T/KO Rnd3

                                What do you guys think?
                                pretty much what most smart people would pick. BUT Rocha is pretty good what he did to Kris McCray was impressive.

                                I don't really care who wins the Bader vs Bones fight BUT I think its plain ridiculous the way people are doubting Bader. This guy is also pretty impressive for a 12-0 fighter. I'm confident that my boy Anderson will win. I hope he picks Vitor apart and hopefully Vitor gasses.

                                But I gotta say Vitor is one of Anderson's biggest challenges ever. Which is kinda scary if your a fan of Anderson's.
                                Now go get your shine box

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X