• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    Im right there with you.
    Cool man glad you think so......
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
      Of course I'm series... Why wouldn't I be? Your making fun of me because Fedor one of my favorite athletes ever got me into the MMA years ago... Real classy I wounder how you feel of someone made fun of you're favorite sports athlete and they laughed at you. If only you know what he has done for growth and sport of MMA for example it be like making fun of MJ, Wayne Gretzky, Muhammed Ali I but Fedor in that legendary company. Whatever floats your boat man....

P.S. I doubt you will see anyone like a Fedor again in you're lifetime.
      Yea, I wouldn't cry, but I completely agree with you Chillez... I have fighters that when they lose, I am seriously depressed for a few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
        Of course I'm series... Why wouldn't I be? Your making fun of me because Fedor one of my favorite athletes ever got me into the MMA years ago... Real classy I wounder how you feel of someone made fun of you're favorite sports athlete and they laughed at you. If only you know what he has done for growth and sport of MMA for example it be like making fun of MJ, Wayne Gretzky, Muhammed Ali I but Fedor in that legendary company. Whatever floats your boat man....

P.S. I doubt you will see anyone like a Fedor again in you're lifetime.
        no, i was not making fun of you because he is your favorite athlete.

i thought it was Hilarius because you were being so dramatic about it. lol

but i dont agree with fedor being the greatest ever so maybe that has something to do with it as well.

when you are making the comparison to Jordan and those other sports legends, something you have to remember is those guys actually played against top level competition their whole career.

they didn't avoid it like he plague.

fedor was (and still is) a great fighter but his legacy will always be tarnished for not signing with the UFC and facing top level competition.

especially considering if he would have became the champion of the UFC and would have faced the best they got every title defense, like anderson silva and GDP has. (for example)

now, if you want to argue that he is the greatest HW in MMA history, well then i think you have a pretty solid argument.

but not p4p best ever, not in my honest opinion.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
          Yea, I wouldn't cry, but I completely agree with you Chillez... I have fighters that when they lose, I am seriously depressed for a few days.
          i honestly dont understand the emotional attachment many MMA fans have for fighters they have no ties to.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            i honestly dont understand the emotional attachment many MMA fans have for fighters they have no ties to.
            The same reason that football fans have an emotional connection with their team.
            sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

I may be really pissed during that night, but it doesn't last days for me... or maybe it would if GSP actually lost.

I know when Lesnar lost to Cain Velasquez, it pretty much ruined my night.
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                I may be really pissed during that night, but it doesn't last days for me... or maybe it would if GSP actually lost.

I know when Lesnar lost to Cain Velasquez, it pretty much ruined my night.
                If Overeem loses to Werdum again I will certainly be mad longer than that night...

Good thing he is gonna demolish him!

Comment

If Overeem loses to Werdum again I will certainly be mad longer than that night...

Good thing he is gonna demolish him!
                  Haha well for your sake, I'll hope he doesn't lose.
                  sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                    The same reason that football fans have an emotional connection with their team.
                    nah, i dont agree with that. most football fans have ties to their team in some way. mma is all about the flavor of the month, whoever is doing good seems to get the fans.

which is fine but i dont understand why those fans get so emotionally attacked when there are no ties there at all.
                    sigpic

Comment

• i wonder why the fighters who generally win are the only ones that seem to have all the fans? at least until they start losing of course!
                      sigpic

Comment

i wonder why the fighters who generally win are the only ones that seem to have all the fans? at least until they start losing of course!
                        Ikuhisa Minowa..... One of the most well liked fighters in the World, and has 32 losses...

All of my favorite fighters I have liked them as long as I've liked MMA, or as long as they've been in MMA (whichever came first). And I will support them whether they win or lose, just like the Broncos.

Comment

nah, i dont agree with that. most football fans have ties to their team in some way. mma is all about the flavor of the month, whoever is doing good seems to get the fans.

which is fine but i dont understand why those fans get so emotionally attacked when there are no ties there at all.
                          Ties to their team? How so? You become a fan of a certain team at some point in your life, the same way you become a fan of certain fighters. You're generalizing MMA fans in saying that.

Chillez is a prime example of a guy who's obviously been a fan of Fedor for years, so much that he gets upset for days when he loses - similar to fans who are disappointed for weeks when their team is eliminated from the playoffs.

If you don't understand it, that's fine, but that doesn't mean you're right.
                          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Fights on tonight!!!

And we gt out HDNet back, so more MMA for me.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Mark Hunt just got his first win since 06.

That's pretty cool lol.
                              Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Think Bis overcomes the youtube theatrics and gets a knockout?
                                sigpic
                                The Bronco fan pledge;
                                I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                                I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                                I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                                I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                                Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Working...
                                X