No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• according to dana white, strikeforce and the UFC will not be merging and there will not be any superfights.

strikeforce still has a contract with showtime until 2014. this isn't the same situation as when zuffa bought out pride.

but then again, it wouldn't surprise me if strikeforce went away and died after this either.

one thing is for certain, many of those fighters in strikeforce are there because they have beef with dana and the UFC, so those guys may be unemployed soon(after their contract is up) lol
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      according to dana white, strikeforce and the UFC will not be merging and there will not be any superfights.

strikeforce still has a contract with showtime until 2014. this isn't the same situation as when zuffa bought out pride.

but then again, it wouldn't surprise me if strikeforce went away and died after this either.

one thing is for certain, many of those fighters in strikeforce are there because they have beef with dana and the UFC, so those guys may be unemployed soon(after their contract is up) lol
      Lorenzo quickly shot down the idea of a "NO SUPERFIGHTS" that they said.

He said "If the fans want it we will do it"

I believe Strikeforce's contract ends in 2012 with an option to extend for 2012.

I have a feeling that basically everyone worth a damn in Strikeforce (EXCEPT Fedor , daley , maybe barnett) will go to the UFC and Strikeforce will turn into the new WEC with a bunch of up and comers and they will probably move it to a different network maybe Versus. I'm thinking that Strikeforce will disappear but I could see Dana keeping it around.

Super exciting.
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

• If you live in the San Diego area you shouldn't miss out on a chance to meet the guys from Team Blackhouse on Saturday April 2nd in San Diego.

Anderson Silva , The Nogs , Junior dos Santos , Mark Munoz , Dominick Cruz and some other guys. They will be signing autographs and meeting with the fans from 12pm-6pm.

I can't wait!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...850877&theater

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
          Lorenzo quickly shot down the idea of a "NO SUPERFIGHTS" that they said.

He said "If the fans want it we will do it"

I believe Strikeforce's contract ends in 2012 with an option to extend for 2012.

I have a feeling that basically everyone worth a damn in Strikeforce (EXCEPT Fedor , Daley , maybe Barnett) will go to the AFC and Strikeforce will turn into the new WEC with a bunch of up and comers and they will probably move it to a different network maybe Versus. I'm thinking that Strikeforce will disappear but I could see Dana keeping it around.

Super exciting.
          josh barnett, Paul Daley, frank shamrock, nick diaz, and probably even Dan Henderson will not fight in the UFC because of Dana white.

i am sure there are others i am missing as well. i would Say fedor has a better shot of fighting there than any of those other guys because he just needs to agree to terms, same with Henderson too i guess.

but all those other guys dont have much of a chance, especially Barnett, Daley, and shamrock.
          sigpic

Comment

If you live in the San Diego area you shouldn't miss out on a chance to meet the guys from Team Blackhouse on Saturday April 2nd in San Diego.

Anderson Silva , The Nogs , Junior dos Santos , Mark Munoz , Dominick Cruz and some other guys. They will be signing autographs and meeting with the fans from 12pm-6pm.

I can't wait!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...850877&theater
            nice, yeah i dont live in Cali currently so i wont be able to make it. heck, if i did i would be able to go to more events in Vegas, that would rock!

i have been to one event they held in Omaha, though.
            sigpic

Comment

josh barnett, Paul Daley, frank shamrock, nick diaz, and probably even Dan Henderson will not fight in the UFC because of Dana white.

i am sure there are others i am missing as well. i would Say fedor has a better shot of fighting there than any of those other guys because he just needs to agree to terms, same with Henderson too i guess.

but all those other guys dont have much of a chance, especially Barnett, Daley, and shamrock.
              definitely not Daley and Frank Shamrock. Barnett said he was willing to work with the UFC and I think Dana would be willing to do it for $$$$ that Barnett brings because he is a quality Heavyweight. Henderson said he was also willing to work with the UFC. Henderson said that the only reason he left the UFC was because Strikeforce offered him more money.

I was thinking that maybe we don't get to see Ubereem because Overeem likes to fight K1 also.

Hmmm.

Comment

• I have a 5 man parlay bet for tomorrows card. I'm hoping for the best.

*crosses fingers*

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                  I have a 5 man parlay bet for tomorrows card. I'm hoping for the best.

*crosses fingers*
                  Smart picks

Jones , Faber , Miller , Mardquart , Schuab.

My picks

Shogun , Faber , Miller , Mardquart , Cro Cop.

Comment

definitely not Daley and Frank Shamrock. Barnett said he was willing to work with the UFC and I think Dana would be willing to do it for $$$$ that Barnett brings because he is a quality Heavyweight. Henderson said he was also willing to work with the UFC. Henderson said that the only reason he left the UFC was because Strikeforce offered him more money.

I was thinking that maybe we don't get to see Ubereem because Overeem likes to fight K1 also.

Hmmm.
                    Barnett wont fight in the ufc, dana white pinned the downfall of affliction directly to Barnett and said he will never fight in the ufc previously.

i am not saying it is impossible but it is highly unlikely. he is a washed up roid head anyways, i would rather him sign fedor to be honest, even with the current losses.
                    sigpic

Comment

Smart picks

Jones , Faber , Miller , Mardquart , Schuab.

My picks

Shogun , Faber , Miller , Mardquart , Cro Cop.
                      The Shogun fight I will not touch because I honestly don't know if I should believe in the hype or the already proven guy. I actually put in one boxing fight in my parlay which had the dude at like a -1200 favorite lol.

Comment

Barnett wont fight in the ufc, dana white pinned the downfall of affliction directly to Barnett and said he will never fight in the ufc previously.

i am not saying it is impossible but it is highly unlikely. he is a washed up roid head anyways, i would rather him sign fedor to be honest, even with the current losses.
                        Earlier this week Barnett said he wants to fight in the UFC.

Then in an interview with Dana he said he wasn't going to go after Barnett but that it was possible. So I don't think the door is shut.

No way Fedor fights in the UFC not after the way Dana bashed M-1 Global after Fedor's loss.

Lets face it Zuffa bought Strikeforce to get Melendez , Overeem , Werdum (again) , Diaz (again) and a lot of other second tier guys like Fiejao , King MO , Mousasi , Jacare , Jorge Masvidal and maybe a couple other guys.

A lot of these guys will be cut.

Comment

Earlier this week Barnett said he wants to fight in the UFC.

Then in an interview with Dana he said he wasn't going to go after Barnett but that it was possible. So I don't think the door is shut.

No way Fedor fights in the UFC not after the way Dana bashed M-1 Global after Fedor's loss.

Lets face it Zuffa bought Strikeforce to get Melendez , Overeem , Werdum (again) , Diaz (again) and a lot of other second tier guys like Fiejao , King MO , Mousasi , Jacare , Jorge Masvidal and maybe a couple other guys.

A lot of these guys will be cut.
                          hmm, it must have been after the interview i seen where Dana was talking about fighters the UFC would be looking to possibly sign after their contract was up with strikeforce.

he said (paraphrasing)"josh obviously is not one of them." then again, he also said there would be no superfights as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

hmm, it must have been after the interview i seen where Dana was talking about fighters the UFC would be looking to possibly sign after their contract was up with strikeforce.

he said (paraphrasing)"josh obviously is not one of them." then again, he also said there would be no superfights as well.
                            He said after also that he was open to superfights if the fans want them.

But I think its likely that they are going to wait for strikeforce to finish and then merge.

Hopefully by 2012 we get some good fights.

Comment

• Anybody watching tonights fights? Would love to hear some thoughts and insight. Gotta work tonight.... Stupid job!
                              sigpic

Comment

• New generation Anderson Silva right there. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X