• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bones jones is the perfect fighter

love that guy
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
      New generation Anderson Silva right there. Wow!
      nah, silva's a chicken**** when guys are on the ground and he's standing

jones actually dives in after them lol
      sigpic

Comment

• Not a big fan of jones , but I think hes going to be champ for a long time because of his physical abilities.
        Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
          bones jones is the perfect fighter

love that guy
          And he saves people from muggers.
          sigpic
          photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
            nah, silva's a chicken**** when guys are on the ground and he's standing

jones actually dives in after them lol
            jones has a lot better GNP than silva.
            sigpic

Comment

• Just... wow. Jones is amazing. He's just so... unpredictable. Example; going for the knee bar then caught Rua by surprise with the hammer backhand fist thing as the bell rang. He made Rua look lik a complete ametuer last night.

On another note... Faber looked good too. I wanted to see him finish the fight, but he looked sharp.
              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                Not a big fan of jones , but I think hes going to be champ for a long time because of his physical abilities.
                Aren't you a Silva fan? Their fighting styles are very similar, and they almost have the same build.
                sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  Just... wow. Jones is amazing. He's just so... unpredictable. Example; going for the knee bar then caught Rua by surprise with the hammer backhand fist thing as the bell rang. He made Rua look lik a complete ametuer last night.

On another note... Faber looked good too. I wanted to see him finish the fight, but he looked sharp.
                  Agreed, and I like the comparison to Mike Tyson in his prime. He is a modern day Mike Tyson... Young african american, from NY, destroying everybody that gets in front of him.
                  sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                    Aren't you a Silva fan? Their fighting styles are very similar, and they almost have the same build.
                    But like people have said Jones actually has amazing wrestling but striking wise they are similar in the fact that they are very unpredictable.

Hell if GSP doesn't want to do a super fight with Silva I'd love to see a Silva vs Jones fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                      But like people have said Jones actually has amazing wrestling but striking wise they are similar in the fact that they are very unpredictable.

Hell if GSP doesn't want to do a super fight with Silva I'd love to see a Silva vs Jones fight.
                      I'm not disputing that. I am saying that on their feet, striking, they almost look like the same fighter.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Agreed, and I like the comparison to Mike Tyson in his prime. He is a modern day Mike Tyson... Young african american, from NY, destroying everybody that gets in front of him.
                        That's the key word right there, everybody. He'd have a perfect record if not for the dq with Hamil, in which, he was destroying him too.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                          Just... wow. Jones is amazing. He's just so... unpredictable. Example; going for the knee bar then caught Rua by surprise with the hammer backhand fist thing as the bell rang. He made Rua look lik a complete ametuer last night.

Nobody is gonna beat this guy for a while.

He is simply amazing.......
                          sigpic

Comment

• I've been a Jon Jones fan for a LONG time. I have been watching him since he was on non-televised undercard fights. I have been saying he is going to be good for awhile, most people ignored me. That being said, he has WAY over exceeded my expectations. He is only gonna get better too. His career should be a fun ride!!!!

Comment

I'm not disputing that. I am saying that on their feet, striking, they almost look like the same fighter.
                              i wouldn't say that, jones is much more unorthodox than silva.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                                i wouldn't say that, jones is much more unorthodox than silva.
                                Yea Jones throws does this crazy stuff with his striking.

With that reach all you need to do is just learn a couple combos and you could probably beat anybody up.

But Anderson is light years beyond Jones in the striking department not even comparable.

I'm not to high on Jones but I think hes going to go on a run.

But IMO Jones should transition into the HW division in the next couple years. Kinda like Ubereem.

Not to bash on Jones he hasn't reached his full potential yet, but his giant reach and frame is the only reason hes champ right now.

Nobody in that division has an 84 inch reach and size.

You give me those attributes and I could probably TKO Shogun lol.
                                Last edited by jc13; 03-21-2011, 10:17 PM.
                                Now go get your shine box

Comment

Working...
                                X