Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    Yea Jones throws does this crazy stuff with his striking.

    With that reach all you need to do is just learn a couple combos and you could probably beat anybody up.

    But Anderson is light years beyond Jones in the striking department not even comparable.

    I'm not to high on Jones but I think hes going to go on a run.

    But IMO Jones should transition into the HW division in the next couple years. Kinda like Ubereem.

    Not to bash on Jones he hasn't reached his full potential yet, but his giant reach and frame is the only reason hes champ right now.

    Nobody in that division has an 84 inch reach and size.

    You give me those attributes and I could probably TKO Shogun lol.
    There's a lot more to it than that. You don't walk through a guy like Shogun based on reach and size, alone. These guys are the best of the best, and he looked light years ahead of Shogun.

    The dude is very well rounded, and you can't downplay anything he's done thus far.
    sigpic


    @BlueNOrangeFTW

    Comment


    • jones is just very very good, unorthodox as he may be, he does some crazy stuff not really seen before , for as much as he does it, that spinning fist move, is one of the main reasons i've always looked forward to his fights, it's just so exciting to see all the weird moves he's going to bring to the table, he's like an inhuman killing machine


      i love the guy

      IMO the only weakness is within himself, the illegal elbows he got called on him vs hamill and even vs shogun it looked like he was gonna thumb punch his adam's apple haha

      i just love this guy, and he's only getting better...so scary
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jc13 View Post
        Yea Jones throws does this crazy stuff with his striking.

        With that reach all you need to do is just learn a couple combos and you could probably beat anybody up.

        But Anderson is light years beyond Jones in the striking department not even comparable.

        I'm not to high on Jones but I think hes going to go on a run.

        But IMO Jones should transition into the HW division in the next couple years. Kinda like Ubereem.

        Not to bash on Jones he hasn't reached his full potential yet, but his giant reach and frame is the only reason hes champ right now.

        Nobody in that division has an 84 inch reach and size.

        You give me those attributes and I could probably TKO Shogun lol.
        i agree his striking isn't as good as silva's but i like his style much much more. i am sure he will make his way into the HV division if nobody can beat him any time soon.

        i would also love to see him and silva fight at some point.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Omfg omfg

          !!!!


          Submission of the year right there.

          Comment






          • George Roop forgot to double tap. So the zombie still lives and is hungry for your spinessss!!!!!

            Comment


            • It was an ok card.

              I can't see how Davis got a 30-27 all 3 rounds.
              Now go get your shine box

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                It was an ok card.

                I can't see how Davis got a 30-27 all 3 rounds.
                Yeah should have given the first round to Lil Nog. Things took a turn once Rumble decided he was too scared to stand up with Hardy.

                FOTN (if you don't count prelims) was definitely Jung vs Garcia and SOTN.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                  Yeah should have given the first round to Lil Nog. Things took a turn once Rumble decided he was too scared to stand up with Hardy.

                  FOTN (if you don't count prelims) was definitely Jung vs Garcia and SOTN.
                  Rumble looked good for someone who hasn't fought in almost two years and for someone who cut from 230 to 170!

                  It's a nice safe quality win to get back in the groove of things.

                  But yea it wasn't flashy.

                  I actually thought the facebook prelims were more exciting then the main card.
                  Now go get your shine box

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                    Rumble looked good for someone who hasn't fought in almost two years and for someone who cut from 230 to 170!

                    It's a nice safe quality win to get back in the groove of things.

                    But yea it wasn't flashy.

                    I actually thought the facebook prelims were more exciting then the main card.
                    I completely forgot to tune in for majority of those. The only one I caught was the Russow vs Madsen fight and that wasn't pretty at all.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                      Yeah should have given the first round to Lil Nog. Things took a turn once Rumble decided he was too scared to stand up with Hardy.

                      FOTN (if you don't count prelims) was definitely Jung vs Garcia and SOTN.
                      IDK if he was really scared since Hardy still showed no offense against Rumble
                      standing... The only thing that happened standing was the kick that knocked
                      down Hardy.

                      It was a smart fight, but boring sadly.
                      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                      ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                      Comment


                      • Ok i just checked UFC.com and they have UFC 129 Shields Vs. St-Pierre

                        In Jake Shields UFC debut against Martin Kampman He was gassed and about passed out after the fight when they were doing the announcements to who the Winner was. He couldn't get his hand above his head to celebrate ...

                        that was just a three round fight that went the distance ...

                        Whats he going to do against GSP ? who goes five rounds all the time and looks fresh as a daisey at the end of his fights ?

                        Terrible match up Strike Force is a Joke just like Elite XC was and so is Jake Sheilds ... My prediction

                        Winner and still UFC Welterweight Champion Georges "Rush" St - Pierre

                        2nd round KO

                        Comment


                        • i love gsp , meeting him a couple times didn't hurt lol

                          i hope he wins, and doesn't get serra'd again

                          he's sooo damn surgical when he's on
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                            i love gsp , meeting him a couple times didn't hurt lol

                            i hope he wins, and doesn't get serra'd again

                            he's sooo damn surgical when he's on
                            I don't think he'll ever lose again at this weight; the dude just keeps improving every fight.

                            I'm a bit worried that he'll lose though if he goes up in weight to fight Anderson Silva. Going up in weight to fight a monster is usually recipe for a loss.

                            It's the fight everyone wants to see though if he gets past Shields.
                            sigpic


                            @BlueNOrangeFTW

                            Comment


                            • I have a feeling that Shields/GSP will be like GSP/Fitch

                              5 rounds of GSP's stand up with the inability to finish the fight.
                              Now go get your shine box

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                                I don't think he'll ever lose again at this weight; the dude just keeps improving every fight.

                                I'm a bit worried that he'll lose though if he goes up in weight to fight Anderson Silva. Going up in weight to fight a monster is usually recipe for a loss.

                                It's the fight everyone wants to see though if he gets past Shields.
                                Seriously ?

                                if the pound for pound greatest fighter in the world can get past Jake Shields ? Seriously

                                Wow like I said Shields could barely get pass Kampman who no disrespect to Martin Kampman isn't even in the same universe as GSP and GSP keeps getting better and better and better every fight.

                                IT's not just he's the best fighter (He IS) but it's how he changes his game plan for every fight he knew Koscheck was the better Wrestler so what did he do ? He about jabbed his right eye out of his head.

                                It wasn't just another dominate GSP victory it was a whole new way for him to dominate just another sucker ...

                                Jake Shields will suffer the same fate as everyone else ...

                                Get his ass kicked and then say "GSP is the best in the World" like they all do the one exception is this fight will not go the distance

                                2nd round KO

                                Winner amd still UFC Welterweight Champion of the World Georges "Rush" St - Pierre

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X