No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading off to a friend's house to get ready to watch the PPV, see you guys once it's over. And if Mir and GSP both lose? I might be crying, haha. Anyways hope all of you come back to have a post-PPV discussion.
    Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
      Heading off to a friend's house to get ready to watch the PPV, see you guys once it's over. And if Mir and GSP both lose? I might be crying, haha. Anyways hope all of you come back to have a post-PPV discussion.
      I'll bumble on sometime tomorrow

My full picks:

Gugerty
      Dollaway
      Kim
      Jones
      Danzig
      Colemen
      Akiyama
      Henderson
      Fitch
      Pierre
      Mir
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• so far -

-Jon Jones def. Jake O'Brien by Submission (D'Arce Choke) at 2:43, R2
        -Dong-Hyun Kim def. T.J. Grant by Unanimous Decision (30-26 3x)
        -Tom Lawlor def. CB Dollaway by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at :55, R1
        -Matt Grice def. Shannon Gugerty by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 2:36, R1 (i think gugerty won this one and mmaweekly listed it wrong!)

lotsa subs

my boss's fighter lost (dammit!) but that kim guy is good, oh well

see you guys after the rest of the fights!
        sigpic

Comment

• i'm going with

GSP & Frank Mir (1-0 Vs. Lesnar)

Lesnar is the bigger and probably stronger of the two but he lost his first fight in the UFC to Frank Mir and Brock will try and show that it was a fluke and that's why he'll loose. he'll be to worried about not making the same mistakes twice and leave an opening and Bam your Winner and NEW UFC Heavyweight Champion of the world Frank Mir

Mir V. Lesnar - 5th round Mir wins by Submission

GSP V. Alves - 2nd round GSP wins by KO

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
            I gotta admit Mir looks Ripped and shredded I just became a little more nervous for the fight.

Please win Brock!!!! :salute!:
            After watching that, how the f*ck can u like/respect brock?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jaycuthroat View Post
              After watching that, how the f*ck can u like/respect brock?
              Honestly.

I mean, not touching gloves is pretty low, but did he have to talk **** like that afterwords?

Absolutely no respect for that guy. Pretty disgusting.
              Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

• I'm here after settling down a little from the after effects of UFC 100.

Let me start off by giving Lesnar props for the way that he handled the fight. He went in with a gameplan, stuck to it, didn't spaz out and fought a good fight. He won and he deserved the win.

With that said, I don't agree with his antics. Flipping the fans off was uncalled. Calling out bud light in that way will not sit well with Lorenzo or Dana as bud light is an official sponsor for the UFC.

I don't like the way Lesnar conducts himself in and out of the cage. I have no idea what he's like when the cameras are off. He could be a completely different person. My judgment is based off only what I see.

Lesnar will bring in more buyrates and viewers. People will pay to see him lose. In that way he's beneficial for MMA.

However, he isn't the kind of person that I would to represent mixed martial arts. I look to Georges St. Pierre and Fedor as examples for the way that a champion should conduct themselves.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• good job by lesnar but seriously

**** lesnar lol

i hope someone takes him out soon, that pushed-to-the-front-of-the-line baga******!

how about KO of the night with hendo? AWESOME shot

and GSP is GSP, too smart, and too good
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
                    I'm here after settling down a little from the after effects of UFC 100.

Let me start off by giving Lesnar props for the way that he handled the fight. He went in with a gameplan, stuck to it, didn't spaz out and fought a good fight. He won and he deserved the win.

With that said, I don't agree with his antics. Flipping the fans off was uncalled. Calling out bud light in that way will not sit well with Lorenzo or Dana as bud light is an official sponsor for the UFC.

I don't like the way Lesnar conducts himself in and out of the cage. I have no idea what he's like when the cameras are off. He could be a completely different person. My judgment is based off only what I see.

Lesnar will bring in more buyrates and viewers. People will pay to see him lose. In that way he's beneficial for MMA.

However, he isn't the kind of person that I would to represent mixed martial arts. I look to Georges St. Pierre and Fedor as examples for the way that a champion should conduct themselves.
                    dana wanted this, he wanted an attention whore as HW champ

maybe he's trying to lure fedor into ufc by presenting someone so disrespectful to the sport that fedor will want to personally slash the guy's throat.

that said, i will say i was impressed that brock didn't fight stupid this time

he's not technically sound in the octagon AT ALL, but he is at least getting smarter
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                      good job by lesnar but seriously

**** lesnar lol

i hope someone takes him out soon, that pushed-to-the-front-of-the-line baga******!

how about KO of the night with hendo? AWESOME shot

and GSP is GSP, too smart, and too good
                      Ya Hendos k.o was the highlight of my night...and gsp I dislike him bcuz I'm a bj penn fan but he is amazing
                      sigpic

Comment

Ya Hendos k.o was the highlight of my night...and gsp I dislike him bcuz I'm a bj penn fan but he is amazing
                        dude same here, hendo shutting up bisping makes this ppv a highlight for me despite lesnar winning

what an awesome awesome ko by hendo
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                          dude same here, hendo shutting up bisping makes this ppv a highlight for me despite lesnar winning

what an awesome awesome ko by hendo
                          Seriously. Hendo just about decapitated him, it was one of the better KOs I've seen in awhile, if not the best.

Serious props to GSP for being able to finish the fight with a pulled groin or worse.

Comment

• i was pretty surprised that gsp was able to take alves down as easily as he did, i mean alves blocked a few and still ended up taken down, gsp is strong damn

and i was surprised alves didn't really get one good headkick or punch in , i expected him to rattle gsp at least once that fight, but nope
                            sigpic

Comment

After watching that, how the f*ck can u like/respect Brock?
                              I doubt you wacth the countdown show for all **** Mir was saying he said Brock punched like a girl and doesn't belong in the sport and is a joke to MMA. Sorry put Mir need to be humbled and just got smashed and ate his words...

WAR BROCK!!!! :salute!:
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                                I doubt you wacth the countdown show for all **** Mir was saying he said Brock punched like a girl and doesn't belong in the sport and is a joke to MMA. Sorry put Mir need to be humbled and just got smashed and ate his words...

WAR BROCK!!!! :salute!:
                                brock has no respect for anyone , it's not just mir

the guy is the worst thing for the ufc ever

thank goodness he can only pollute that one weight division
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X