Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    i don't get it

this guy owned lesnar, and he can't beat a guy who struggled vs roy nelson?

very weird lol
    I disagree Nelson showed a lot of heart , but JDS won that fight pretty decisively 30-27 all around.

JDS is a humble champ.
    Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      I love seeing his raw emotion at the end. It shows he's sincere about it, rather then the "canned" response. I'll admit.. seeing the emotion has made me more of a fan of his.

Now.. Alistair or Brock? I'm kinda pulling for Alistair.
      Honestly at the end of the day I think he will end up fighting both of them lol.

It wouldn't shock me to see Brock fight him next. Then eventually Overeem.
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
        Honestly at the end of the day I think he will end up fighting both of them lol.

It wouldn't shock me to see Brock fight him next. Then eventually Overeem.
        I've never been a huge Brock fan, so I'd prefer to see Alistair, Cain(again), then Brock... ya know.. if I had my choice and assuming JDS kept winning.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          He struggled vs Nelson because Nelson was able to stand with him, and prolong the fight.

JDS weakness is his cardio, he will get tired, and he was tired vs Nelson.

Cain should have game plan pushing JDS to the cage, and taking him down , no matter JDS TDD.

But he didn't, he tired to do what all fighters do, and that's fight someone in their strength. Roy is a better striker than Cain, Roy was able to trade shots.
          i thought cain's weakness was standing , but then he killed lesnar, so i figured i was wrong lol
          sigpic

Comment

• i think jds won't win his title defense, unless it's a rematch vs cain
            sigpic

Comment

i think jds won't win his title defense, unless it's a rematch vs cain

One shot wonder like... Cain.. or... :gulp: Matt Serra??

Comment

• i was surprised cain decided to stand with JDS knowing the knock out power of JDS im surprised he didnt try and wrestle him down

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  One shot wonder like... Cain.. or... :gulp: Matt Serra??
                  no i think he's good, i just don't think he's special compared to other guys who i believe will own him
                  sigpic

Comment

no i think he's good, i just don't think he's special compared to other guys who i believe will own him
                    No, I wasn't saying he wasn't.. Im just referring to losing the belt in the first defense. I took some glee in watching Serra tap in that fight.

Comment

• Apparently the viewer rating peaked at 4.6 million which is..... Bad.

They might as well just showed the Bendo vs Guida fight because that fight was a long entertaining fight rather than showing 30 minutes of fluff that had nothing to do with MMA.

Comment

• I can't wait for the fights this weekend!!! Not just the main event, but the entire fight card! Not only are there some big name, marquee guys fighting, but almost everyone fighting on this card BRINGS IT every time they step in the octagon!

Ryan Bader vs Jason Brilz- OK, if there is one fighter on here that isn't electric, it is Brilz. He isn't the most dangerous fighter in the world, and he is sometimes guilty of lay and pray, but IMO he beat Lil Nog. He is talented, and should take it to Bader. I see Bader's wrestling being too good for Brilz, and him stuffing all of the takedown attempts, forcing Brilz to stand. That is where Bader wants it, and he will Knock Brilz out in the second. Ryan Bader wins via 2nd round (T)KO.

Stephen Bonnar vs Kyle Kingsbury- Kingsbury is on a 4 fight win streak since his UFC debut loss to Tom Lawler. He has been putting on entertaining fights, but now he gets a step up in competition. Bonnar isn't an elite fighter by any stretch, but he is a dangerous dude who goes to war every time. This should be entertaining, with Bonnar winning by Decision.

Rick Story vs Martin Kampmann- Both fighters are looking to get back on the horse in this fight. Kampmann is coming off of 2 straight close decision losses, and Story is coming off of a shocking upset loss to Brennenman. I see Story controlling the fight with his wrestling, and eeking out a decision win, making it 3 straight heart breakers in a row for Kampmann.

Wanderlei Silva vs Cung Le- Wanderlei Silva is near the end, and I hate to say it, but Cung Le might just put the nail in the coffin. I am a huge Silva fan and will be rooting for him, but I think the UFC is using him as the sacrificial lamb. Le is a big name, and could be a huge draw for the UFC, and him defeating Silva would make him an immediate contender for the UFC to hype up. I think Le will catch Silva with some crazy kicks, and outwork him with his significant speed advantage on way to a convincing Decision victory.

Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles- 2 former champions face off here. Bowles has looked good since losing his belt, and looks to be on his way back up the ladder to a rematch with Cruz. Urijah has come as close as anyone to taking the strap from Cruz, and I see him winning an exciting, fast paced fight by submission in the 2nd round.

Dan Henderson vs Shogun Rua- This fight is almost guaranteed to produce fireworks!!! I am so pumped up for this fight I can't explain it in words. In fact, this may be the fight I'm the most excited for that doesn't include one of my favorite fighters (Reem, Bones, Guillard, Aldo). Either of these guys can end it with one punch, but I give Hendo the advantage in chin. Shogun is a faster, more technical striker, but Henderson has the power advantage with the H-Bomb. I also give Hendo the slight edge because he can threaten Shogun with the takedown. (Shogun has shown weak takedown defense.) I got Dan Henderson via (T)KO in the 3rd round.

Here's to a great night of fights!!!

Comment

• My quick picks.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua over Dan Henderson

Ryan Bader over Jason Brilz

Urijah Faber over Brian Bowles

Kyle Kingsbury over Stephen Bonner

Rick Story over Martin Kampmann

Cung Le over Wanderlei Silva

Shamar Bailey over Danny Castillo

This is Shamar's UFC debut. If you remember, he was the wrestler that got screwed by the judges in his UFC The Ultimate Fighter match vs Chris Cope.

Questions was around the net if he is related to Champ. He is not.

At the end of the night, I'll be doing my chanting.

RRRRRUUUUUUAAAAAAA!!!!!!! RRRRRUUUUAAAAA!!!!! RRRUUUUAAAA!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            My quick picks.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua over Dan Henderson

Ryan Bader over Jason Brilz

Urijah Faber over Brian Bowles

Kyle Kingsbury over Stephen Bonner

Rick Story over Martin Kampmann

Cung Le over Wanderlei Silva

Shamar Bailey over Danny Castillo

This is Shamar's UFC debut. If you remember, he was the wrestler that got screwed by the judges in his UFC The Ultimate Fighter match vs Chris Cope.

Questions was around the net if he is related to Champ. He is not.

At the end of the night, I'll be doing my chanting.

RRRRRUUUUUUAAAAAAA!!!!!!! RRRRRUUUUAAAAA!!!!! RRRUUUUAAAA!!!!
                            Actually he already fought and got thoroughly beat by Evan Dunham.

Imma put my picks up later.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                              Actually he already fought and got thoroughly beat by Evan Dunham.

Imma put my picks up later.
                              Hmmm. Didn't know that. Still doesn't change that he got screwed out of the win vs Cope.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• two of my all time favorites fighting tonight..
                                Wandy and Shogun. Might have to bust out one of my PRIDE grand prix dvd box sets to get hyped up.

One of my buddies works for sherdog and I was yappin at him about the fights early... I am getting pretty pumped up. I seriously hope Shogun destroys Henderson

Comment

Working...
                                X