MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos suspended 1 year for testing positive for steroids. I'm not that much into Women's MMA, the only time I watch it is in the Strikeforce or Dream cards occasionally. But I do know that she is the best female fighter in the world. Here's a link to the story.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/74...-steroids-test
    Crazy but not much of a surprise she built like a men lol.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
      Crazy but not much of a surprise she built like a men lol.
      Yeah I don't think anyone was surprised. Lol

Comment

• It's all about Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate now.

vs

Comment

• So, anyone hyped about the fights Saturday?

This has to be the least I've cared about a UFC in a long time, and it's weird because I really like Aldo. With the Broncos in the playoffs it's all I care about right now.

This will be the first PPV I have not watched live since like UFC 75 or so. I will find it on the web later Sat night after the game is over but I gotta admit I feel weird not watchin it live, it's been so long.

Comment

• I like Aldo too, but not gonna watch this card.

I did like this though:

UFC on Fuel TV 1 is next month in Omaha, right across the street from my campus. Debating if I should go or not.

Comment

• Thank you Barbosa for making this night sort of bearable..

Comment

• Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
                I like Aldo too, but not gonna watch this card.

I did like this though:

UFC on Fuel TV 1 is next month in Omaha, right across the street from my campus. Debating if I should go or not.
                i am going. :thumb:
                sigpic

Comment

• Man pat barry almost decapitated morecraft.
                  Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Great fights great talent tonight.

Comment

• So who's phsyced for another awesome night of FREE fights tomorrow night!?!?!?

This is a great card for beig a free one , and I'm glad they are going to show more than one fight on FOX this time (disaster last time lol). I am really looking forward to the last 3 fights on the card, all should be entertaining. I don't really have any favorite fighters, or fighters I pull for on this card, but just about every fighter on the main card brings it on every night, except Rashad when he goes into snuggle mode (vs Rampage & Thiago). Uugh I can't stand Rashad... Now for my picks.

Mike Russow def John Olav Einemo via TKO, 2nd Round
                      Russow is awkward, and doesnt exactly look like a great athlete, but he is disciplined, and is very well rounded. He is on a hot streak right now, having not lost a fight since 2007. In that same span, Einemo is 0-1, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Olav pulls off a submission win but I think Russow will win by Ground-n-Pound.

Demian Maia def Chris Wiedman via submission, 1st Round
                      This is an interesting matchup of two talented grapplers who both struggle standing up. I actually think for once Maia will have the advantage standing. He looked much improved in his standup last fight and I think he will keep this standing and beat Wiedman up. After rocking him he follows him to the ground and chokes him out for the submission win.

Chael Sonnen def Michael Bisping via Unanimous Decision
                      I know I'm not the only one who is dissapointed with the lack of smack talk leading up to this one. Two guys who can't shut their mouth, and they barely say anything except Chael walking around with his stupid fake belt. Well anyways, I hope this one is competitive, but I have a feeling it will be domination by Chael. Bisping has descent takedown defense, but Chael is on another level. IMO, Chael will take him down at will and beat on him for 3 straight rounds.

Rashad Evans def Phil Davis via TKO, 3rd Round
                      I really hope I'm wrong with this pick because I can't stand Rashad. I think both guys are so good at wrestling that it will somewhat cancel out. I see Davis shooting for the takedown first because his standup is significantly worse than Evans'. He will struggle to get Evans down and push him against the fence. After a few rounds of losing the standup and struggling to get the takedown Davis will be forced to stand with Rashad, where he will most likely get picked apart. Rashad has been reluctant to stand ever since the "Shad Face" happened vs Machida, but Davis' standup is really bad (unless he has drastically improved since lil Nog).

The only good thing is if Rashad does win hopefully we finally get to see Bones Jones put an elbow through his face.

Here's to a great night of Free Fights!!!!!

Comment

• Wasn't to impressed with sonnen.

Looked like crap for 2 rounds.
                        It should have at least been a split decision.

Comment

• Lame assed fights tonight...
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Mia fight was horrid. Both was sloppy, Mia needs to hang it up.

Was not impressed with Chael and all that talk he didn't didn't back up his fight performance. I expects the Spider to own Chael unlike like time.

Evans vs Davis was a good fight. Davis is a good fighter and might be a beast down the road.

Great performance by Evans, sure it wasn't a KO,TKO, or submission. But it doesn't always have to be in a good fight.

Evans vs Jones is official and I got Evans. I don't like either or the 2, but I think Evans can beat him.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• why is sonnnen still allowed to fight?

Comment

• Man those were some boring fights.

Can't wait to see Jones destroy Rashad!!! The hype heading up to the fight will be rediculous but it will be worth it!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X