No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonights fights were extremely boring and completely average on fox. I think last 2 UFC fights on fox have been very bad to get causals to starting getting into the sport and liking it. This can not be good start for Dana to get new UFC/MMA fans to buy PPV which cost $50-$60 dollars, sucks we could not see Diaz vs. Condit that would be extremely great fight to watch for free. Oh well......
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
      why is sonnnen still allowed to fight?
      Chael has lot of hype and knows how to play heel well in pro wrestling terms, fans will pay to see him win and fans dislake him want see him get his butt kicked. The guy knows how to market himself extremely well. Chael says some of craziest things that I could ever remember any athlete doing that.
      sigpic

Comment

• Wow.... Really dissapointed in Condit.

I will admit he won (although I was rooting for Nick) but what a cowardly gameplan from Condit. He was obviously just trying to out point nick, and run away for 5 rounds. I'm not saying he didnt win, because he did. But he fought that fight to win on points, not like THE NATURAL BORN KILLER usually fights.

I was hoping Nate or Condit would be the exciting fighter to end GSPs boring title run but after that Im not so sure. We might see Condit running from GSP for 5 rounds with GSP chasing him down trying to lay on him to death.

Comment

• I felt like I was watching a Dominick Cruz fight but if Condit did fall into Diaz's trap he definitely would've lost so I don't blame him.

Sucks Diaz is "retired" now.

Comment

• Dana White just confirmed on Twitter that Condit and Diaz will have a rematch. Yes!!!!!!!! Diaz is going to put the beatdown on the back pedaler this time!!!!

WAR DIAZ!!!

Comment

• I really enjoy the way both Diaz and Condit fight but *** **** was the first fight disappointing.

Diaz was doing too much talking and Condit was the natural born runner.
              Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Nick Diaz tests positive for pot...again.

Hes probably going to be suspended for a year.

Comment

• Nick Diaz manger said Nick is turning down the rematch.
                  So there wont be a rematch.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    Nick Diaz manger said Nick is turning down the rematch.
                    So there wont be a rematch.
                    even if he accepted it wouldn't happen.

hes likely going to be suspended.

Comment

• What a moron... lol... like you know you are getting tested you KNOW... and pot of all things
                      seriously...

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                        What a moron... lol... like you know you are getting tested you KNOW... and pot of all things
                        seriously...
                        This is actually his second offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                          This is actually his second offense.
                          I know. which makes it exponentially worse in my books. what a moron.

Comment

even if he accepted it wouldn't happen.

hes likely going to be suspended.
                            It wouldn't matter wither he smoked pot or not. He's "retired", good luck suspending someone who is "done with this MMA".
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Lorenzo fertitta held a twitter q&a today and he gave us some info on future fights.
                              JDS Vs Overeem is going down memorial day weekend. Cain Velasquez will fight Frank Mir and he wants Titos farewell fight to be against Foresst Griffin.

Comment

Lorenzo fertitta held a twitter q&a today and he gave us some info on future fights.
                                JDS Vs Overeem is going down memorial day weekend. Cain Velasquez will fight Frank Mir and he wants Titos farewell fight to be against Foresst Griffin.
                                Yeah i saw those things. I am so excited for Reem vs JDS!!! I can't wait that long!!!

Mir-Cain is a very good matchup stylistically, and should be entertaining. Neither is primarily a standup fighter, but both have improved a lot on their feet. Mir has had a weakness with strong wrestlers in the past so this will be a huge test for him. This may finally be a wrestler he can hang with "strength wise" though so it could be interesting. Also Velasquez's sub defense hasn't really been tested, so it will be interesting to see it Mir can catch him with anything. I dislike both fighters personally, but it should be fun to watch.

I really don't want to watch Tito and Forrest again...

Comment

Working...
                                X