Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Yeah i saw those things. I am so excited for Reem vs JDS!!! I can't wait that long!!!

    Mir-Cain is a very good matchup stylistically, and should be entertaining. Neither is primarily a standup fighter, but both have improved a lot on their feet. Mir has had a weakness with strong wrestlers in the past so this will be a huge test for him. This may finally be a wrestler he can hang with "strength wise" though so it could be interesting. Also Velasquez's sub defense hasn't really been tested, so it will be interesting to see it Mir can catch him with anything. I dislike both fighters personally, but it should be fun to watch.

    I really don't want to watch Tito and Forrest again...
    idk I can see cain winning this fight fairly easy. its titos last fight so might as well make it appealing.
    Now go get your shine box

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jc13 View Post
      idk I can see cain winning this fight fairly easy. its titos last fight so might as well make it appealing.
      I see Cain winning also, because of 1 thing: CARDIO

      Cain's relentless pace will wear down Mir quick, and Mir has had questionable cardio since he has bulked up. Especially against Big Country he looked really bad towards the end of the fight. But early on, he could catch Cain with a sub. Mir is the most dangerous BJJ guy in the division (except maybe Werdum) and we have no idea what Cain's BJJ defense is like.

      Maybe I'm just saying that because I hate Cain. I don't really like Mir either but I will pull for him in this fight.

      Comment


      • cant wait for tomorrow night!!!! my first UFC live event!! :dance:
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          cant wait for tomorrow night!!!! my first UFC live event!! :dance:
          It's pretty fun. I had the chance to go to Jones Vs Matyushenko and had tickets for Velasquez Vs Lesnar but had to get my refund last minute. You should enjoy it.

          Idk what it is but UFC events attract lots of hot women lol.

          Bummer , besides not having Fuel TV I also have class tomorrow night.
          Now go get your shine box

          Comment


          • holy crap that was awesome!!!!!!!!

            we sat in the front row of the first section that was not on the floor. right next to where the fighters came out and when they would leave the octagon we got to slap their hands as they went by.

            i also met Houston Alexander who was hanging out most of the time right next to me taking pictures with fans and meeting people.

            the energy in that place was amazing when Jake ellenberger fought.

            boy am i kicking myself for not bringing a camera.

            was easily one of the best times i have had at a sporting event ever.

            cant wait until i go to another event, i am hooked now!!!!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • How many of you guys caught this?? Just... sick....

              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


              Comment


              • wow UFC 144 is gonna be off the chain mayne!!

                Pettis
                Hioki
                Okami
                Akiyama
                Hunt
                Rampage
                Henderson

                those are my picks.

                If there was to be any surprises then id say that Mark Hunt will KO Kongo. Akiyama will finish Shields , and Bendo - Edgar will go 5 rounds.
                Now go get your shine box

                Comment


                • I absolutely love the Japanese crowd. Some of the most respectful fans in the world.

                  Comment


                  • Anthony pettis is a beast
                    Now go get your shine box

                    Comment


                    • One of the best cards in a long time!!! Great fights all around!!!! And all the fighters I wanted to win, won! Except Rampage, god he looked awful.

                      Anyways, loved this card, and the fans were great.

                      Comment


                      • Oh, and I'm listening to the post fight interviews.

                        Frankie Edgar is high on some strong stuff

                        He just got absolutely WHOOPED and somehow thinks he got robbed??

                        Comment


                        • edgar got screwed

                          when you're a champ you only lose when you get ko'd or dominated, and there was no dominance that fight

                          total BS

                          and benson needs a haircut
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                            Oh, and I'm listening to the post fight interviews.

                            Frankie Edgar is high on some strong stuff

                            He just got absolutely WHOOPED and somehow thinks he got robbed??
                            the only thing henderson did was an upkick and an almost guillotine

                            edgar caught his leg all damn night, and even stunned him near the end of the fight

                            that was a draw at best
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                              edgar got screwed

                              when you're a champ you only lose when you get ko'd or dominated, and there was no dominance that fight

                              total BS

                              and benson needs a haircut
                              I seriously hope you're kidding!?!?!?

                              Let me ask you a question. Pretend that fight didn't just happen and answer this completely on its own, and tell the truth.

                              You and I get into a fight (over Tebow and Rivers ). I punch you 5 times, but none really hurt, or effect you in any way. They you hit me with one punch and it shatters my nose leaving me in a bloody mess.

                              Who just won that fight?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                                I seriously hope you're kidding!?!?!?

                                Let me ask you a question. Pretend that fight didn't just happen and answer this completely on its own, and tell the truth.

                                You and I get into a fight (over Tebow and Rivers ). I punch you 5 times, but none really hurt, or effect you in any way. They you hit me with one punch and it shatters my nose leaving me in a bloody mess.

                                Who just won that fight?
                                it doesn't matter how the fighter looks at the end of the fight, edgar was messed up but actually in better shape stamina wise than henderson

                                edgar as a champion, did nothing to lose the title, and had nothing done to him to lose the title

                                that's just fact


                                you have to tko, ko , submit, or thoroughly dominate a champ to get the title, or it's bull****


                                henderson excelled at getting his leg caught , that's it
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X