No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say that the negatives are the coaches.
    I don't like either Cruz or Faber, Faber is a alright coach. He's one those, I'll be your friend type coaches, with a staff that is actually pushing and teaching the fighters. While Cruz is pretty much assuming that every guy on his team is him.
    He tends to use the word 'I' a lot. Not saying he's a bad coach, but he isn't good.

I completely disagree with how he handled the Tickle situation. Tickle has poor work ethic, but never attack a guys heart.

It does suck that Cruz wont fight Faber this summer, since I don't like either, doesn't matter who would have won. But I'd had like it if it was Faber just so he can shut Cruz. Both talk smack, but Cruz thinks because he is the current championship that he is above everyone.

He is what, the only current champion with mostly decision wins? He tapped out to Faber.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      I will say that the negatives are the coaches.
      I don't like either Cruz or Faber, Faber is a alright coach. He's one those, I'll be your friend type coaches, with a staff that is actually pushing and teaching the fighters. While Cruz is pretty much assuming that every guy on his team is him.
      He tends to use the word 'I' a lot. Not saying he's a bad coach, but he isn't good.

I completely disagree with how he handled the Tickle situation. Tickle has poor work ethic, but never attack a guys heart.

It does suck that Cruz wont fight Faber this summer, since I don't like either, doesn't matter who would have won. But I'd had like it if it was Faber just so he can shut Cruz. Both talk smack, but Cruz thinks because he is the current championship that he is above everyone.

He is what, the only current champion with mostly decision wins? He tapped out to Faber.
      I agree I don't like either guy. They both rub me the wrong way, but if I had to pick one that's less annoying it's Faber, I can't stand Cruz.

I disagree about the Tickle situation though. That guy is a complete punk, and a D Bag. Who is too lazy, an comes up with excuse after excuse just to not practice. Watching him get choked out was my favorite part of the season by far.

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
        I agree I don't like either guy. They both rub me the wrong way, but if I had to pick one that's less annoying it's Faber, I can't stand Cruz.

I disagree about the Tickle situation though. That guy is a complete punk, and a D Bag. Who is too lazy, an comes up with excuse after excuse just to not practice. Watching him get choked out was my favorite part of the season by far.
        Don't get me wrong, I dislike Tickle as well, and also liked him tapping out. I agree all he does is make excuses, he's a punk, and a D bag. He reminds me of Bobby Southworth.

What I don't agree with is questioning someone heart, you can question his work ethic and everything else. But questioning someones heart is a bit far.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Don't get me wrong, I dislike Tickle as well, and also liked him tapping out. I agree all he does is make excuses, he's a punk, and a D bag. He reminds me of Bobby Southworth.

What I don't agree with is questioning someone heart, you can question his work ethic and everything else. But questioning someones heart is a bit far.
          Oh I see, Makes sense.

Comment

• A good episode of TUF tonight! Both fights were entertaining, especially the 2nd.

I was right about Chiesa's ground game being too much. He was just so obviously in another league as soon as it hit the ground. He was inches away from about 4 or 5 triangles, a couple Armbars, and a Kimura. Then what a beautiful sweep in the 3rd.

He was soooo close to getting that sweep a bunch of times in the fight. Then once Lawrence was tired he got it and finished him quick from mount.

Knocking off the top guy in Lawrence is great for him. I'd like to see him win this season. Not really sure why, but I do.

Comment

• Omg amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• And hell yeah I'm repping some KZ!!!

Comment

• Haha, nice avy sig combo.

GREAT FIGHT! Some of everything in that fight, and most of all...

WAR KOREAN ZOMBIE!!!!!!!!

Comment

• And here I thought Igor vs Fabio Maldonado would be FOTN for sure but I was dumb and forgot that the Korean Zombie was the main event.

That was a great free card imo just because of those fights and the Yves Jaoubin one.

The Amir vs Lopez was co-main event.... But why?

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                      And here I thought Igor vs Fabio Maldonado would be FOTN for sure but I was dumb and forgot that the Korean Zombie was the main event.

That was a great free card imo just because of those fights and the Yves Jaoubin one.

The Amir vs Lopez was co-main event.... But why?
                      Yeah I agree that shouldn't have been the co-main event. It was very entertaining for a free card, I can't wait for 146!!

Comment

• Me too.

But I'm more excited for every fight except the main and co main event. It's pretty obvious Junior and Cain are going to win easily.

Struve vs Hunt, Brandao (last years TUF winner) vs Elkins, Barboza, Mayhem, Ludwig vs Hardy are what excites me. It's sorta funny how Mayhem got relegated into the undercards after flopping like a fish vs Bisping. Dana must have been really pissed.

Comment

• I am excited for all the fights. I think JDS and Velasquez are huge favorites, but when you are talking about heavyweights there is never a sure thing. There is a reason the belt jumps around like it does. I could easily see Bigfoot or Mir landing a big shot, then it goes to the ground, and with Mir or Bigfoot on top the fight completely changes.

But you're right, the other fights are a lot tougher to predict. I really like Hunt, and hope he cleans Struve's clock. As long as he doesn't let Struve take him down (which I don't think he will) he should land the Knockout Punch sooner rather than later.

Brandao is a bad dude, he swings for the fences and tries to decapitate people with every strike he throws, that should be an awesome fight. I really hope Hardy wins, I met him out here (I posted a pic somewhere in this thread) and he is a really cool dude. He has been on a horrible streak lately, so hopefully he gets back on track before he gets cut.

I am also really excited to see Big Country fight again, finally a fight he actually has a chance in. And I have been waiting for Del Rosario's UFC debut. That guy has looked like a stud so far, I think he could make waves in the division soon.

Barboza has some MEAN leg kicks, and just does crazy exciting stuff so that will be good, Mike Brown is awesome, OH MY GAWD this card is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• There you go xX-Bronco-Xx, they just announced Korean Zombie is the new #1 contender, and he will fight the winner of the Jose Aldo - Eric Koch fight.

Comment

• It's great that he's getting his chance but I really don't want to see him get his ass kicked which is most likely what is going to happen.

Jose Aldo has twice the speed Pourier has and KZ had some trouble with that. Plus those leg kicks are going to kill since KZ does fight flat footed. Maybe they will do an Asian card and Aldo will gas the entire fight again maybe? ..... Probably not...

Comment

• UFC 150...Denver, CO (August 11, 2012)!!!!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X