No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't gotten around to talking about that Strikeforce HW Grand Prix finale yet! Man what a performance by DANIEL CORMIER!!! Man, I don't think I've been that impressed with an aspect of someone's game in awhile. Cormier is a GREAT wrestler, probably the best in the heavyweight division, and maybe MMA. The dude can probably take anyone down whenever he wants, but his striking has improved so much I am still astounded 3 days later. He looked so fast, and crisp in the standup. I know Barnett isn't a good striker, but his footwork and technique was almost flawless. If he can keep progressing like this he will be a huge force in the next couple years.

He is not getting any younger, so I hope the UFC brings him over right away. There are so many exciting matchups for him in the UFC. Anyways, just thought I'd share my thoughts, Cormier really impressed me obviously. Can't wait for the card this Saturday! Even with all the injuries (and Reem being pulled ) I am still psyched out of my mind for this card.

Comment

• I'm pretty excited about tonight.

Ive been waiting to see Glover Tixera for a while now he could make some noise at 205 the dudes been on a crazy 15 fight win streak just destroying people.

Also interested to see if Mayhem and Hardy can bounce back.

As for the main card I thin Struve , Miocic , Nelson , Velasquez , and JDS win tonight.

I think JDS wins easy.
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

• wow Tixera is a savage.

that was impressive.

Comment

• Jaime Vagner went to work.

Miller fell victim to lay and pray. Plus he was gassed in the first round.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Glover texira(sp) that guy was a monster out there... wonder what his 'visa problems' were

Comment

• Damn it. Kinda pissed about the Brandao fight. That should have at least been a draw.
              I'll give the other guy credit, anybody would have been knocked out. Diego beat the lights out of him in the first and end of the 3rd.

Brandao reminds me of a striker version of Diego Sanchez. Both great fighters that all but guarantee you a good fight, rather they win or lose, it'll be a good fight.

Brandao needs to take this time to work on his ground game, it's lacking on both offense and defense.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• This card is gonna be awesome!!!

Go Mir!!!!

I give him about a 20% chance of winning but I'll be rooting for him. VEGAS BABY!

Comment

• What the hell Lavar!!!!

Your ground game is poop on a stick!

Comment

• Yeaaahhhhhh Roy!!!!!!!

Comment

• Cain is on a redemption. If JDS wins tonight, this might be the start of a good rivalry/story. If Mir wins, I hope Cain beat him worst than he beat Bigfoot.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        Cain is on a redemption. If JDS wins tonight, this might be the start of a good rivalry/story. If Mir wins, I hope Cain beat him worst than he beat Bigfoot.
                        I don't think it could get much bloodier. Not sure if its fair to use your own blood as lube.

Comment

• that was a beautiful performance by JDS!! As much as Frank Mir gets KOd he cant seem to be humble at all , he always talks trash and is cocky as hell. JDS freaking TOOLED him tonight.

It was also a no brainer , just about the whole MMA universe thought Lavar Johnson would get exposed soon enough. Miocic is a guy to watch out for , but so is del Rosario. I loved Roy's KO that was brutal. I also thought Velasquez looked beastly tonight.

Comment

• The smile on my face when Mir fell down. I was seriously about to start jumping.

Of my favorite fighters JDS is my most favorite, really excited that he won and that he knocked Mir on his ass, rather Junior admits it or not, that fight was for more than just him. Big Nog was probably just as excited as me.

sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• @KarynBryant
                              Dana just said Vitor Belfort broke his hand, can't fight Wand at UFC 147. ‪#UFC‬ ‪#MMA‬
                              sigpic
                              2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                              2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                              BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                                @KarynBryant
                                Dana just said Vitor Belfort broke his hand, can't fight Wand at UFC 147. ‪#UFC‬ ‪#MMA‬
                                Not to mention that card absolutely BLOWS in terms of who's fighting anyways... That card better be free.

Comment

Working...
                                X