MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news.
    Jason Mayhem Miller is no longer apart of the UFC. Dana White said he is done.

Apparently something happened backstage that didn't sit well with Dana, plus Dana didn't like how Mayhem showed up to the weigh-ins, nor his get up to the octagon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...140527628.html

UFC president Dana White is done with Jason "Mayhem" Miller. After losing to C.B. Dollaway in a bout that was booed for being less-than-thrilling and an unknown backstage incident, White said Miller is no longer with the UFC.
    White wouldn't say what the incident was except to say it was nothing physical.
    "Mayhem's done. He's gone," White said, adding that the incident was "just some bulls--t that I don't want to talk about. We're on a crazy string here of dumb bulls--t."

Miller fought in the UFC early in his career but then moved to Japanese promotions and to Strikeforce. He returned to the UFC with a coaching stint on "The Ultimate Fighter" that was followed by a bad loss to Michael Bisping.
    White was also not happy with Miller's playful entrances for the weigh-in and his fight. Miller brought a pink boa and boom box to the weigh-in, and wore a paper bag out to the Octagon on Saturday.

"When you get embarrassed the way he did against Michael Bisping, then you show up in that pink whatever that thing was, I'm not into that stuff," said White. "It's not my thing. I guess I don't really care if guys do it because you see it at weigh-ins all the time. Just take this thing serious. If you want to be a clown do that stuff on your reality show."Miller is the host of MTV's Bully Beatdown, a show that allows bullied teens to get their comeuppance against their tormentors via a trained fighter. He leaves the UFC with an overall record of 23-9, and no wins in the UFC.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
      Not to mention that card absolutely BLOWS in terms of who's fighting anyways... That card better be free.
      Agreed it's a pretty lame fight card, half of which will be to decide the winner of TUF Brazil.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• What an AWESOME fight card last night!?!?!

Every fight was exciting, that's what you get with the heavyweights. I was pulling for Mir just because Vegas but I'm not upset to see JDS win at all. He's a good guy and a great fighter. I don't see anyone standing a chance against him other than Overeem or a Cain rematch. Maybe Cormier just because he probably has the best chance of getting him down but idk about that one yet.

That sucks Belfort is out, I was hoping old man WANDY could get revenge!

Comment

• No surprise really. Did you see how he was warming up with the pink boombox backstage? lol.

He was being goofy during the fight giving CB Nookies , and dancing around like a fool.

I like Mayhem Miller and it sucks to see him get cut.

(I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Brock Lesnar. Dana said Brock wants back into the UFC)
          Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
            No surprise really. Did you see how he was warming up with the pink boombox backstage? lol.

He was being goofy during the fight giving CB Nookies , and dancing around like a fool.

I like Mayhem Miller and it sucks to see him get cut.

(I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Brock Lesnar. Dana said Brock wants back into the UFC)
            They showed him in the crowd during the JDS-Mir fight. You can see it in his eyes that wanted to be in there.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
              Yeah, I've watched every episode. That sucks about Cruz's ACL though. I was really looking forward to that fight.

I really like Mike Chiesa's ground game. It seems like this season has a lot of talent, but many of them are lacking a good ground game. That is why I wouldn't be surprised to see Chiesa win it all. Most fighters remaining are either stand up guys, and a couple wrestlers. I can see Mike Chiesa submitting every fighter remaining.
              CALLED IT!

Great underdog story to see Chiesa win it.

Comment

• I freakin fell asleep after the Chiesa fight!

I'm not saying the fights were boring or anything but that I was really tired freakin fell asleep! Oh well...

Comment

• I'm cool with who won. Either or is nice for me, Al, Mike, and Sam were my picks to win the show(Al being the main pick).
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    I'm cool with who won. Either or is nice for me, Al, Mike, and Sam were my picks to win the show(Al being the main pick).
                    I thought Al would win it too.

He gets a whole bunch of kudos and man points for not tapping out and just going to sleep.

I'm sure the loss is heartbreaking for the guy but he also got 50k in bonus money which could help ease the pain just a little.

Comment

I freakin fell asleep after the Chiesa fight!

I'm not saying the fights were boring or anything but that I was really tired freakin fell asleep! Oh well...
                      It's re-playing on FX right now isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                        It's re-playing on FX right now isn't it?
                        I don't have FX. I have ulterior methods of watching.

Comment

I don't have FX. I have ulterior methods of watching.

Oh. I see...

Comment

• Solid win for the hitman

Jake Ellenberger is a scary welterweight who had a very impressive 6 fight win streak and Kampman just took all of that and made it his.
                            Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Well anyways, the main event was good. You should check it out when you get a chance.

Comment

• damn i wanted Ellenberger to win.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X