MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    16 fighters have been released by the UFC.

Jon Fitch
    Wagner Prado
    Mike Russow
    Jacob Volkmann
    Vladimir Matyushenko
    Che Mills
    Jay Hieron
    Terry Etim
    Paul Sass
    Jorge Santiago
    Mike Stumpf
    Simeon Thoresen
    C.J. Keith
    Motonobu Tezuka
    Josh Grispi
    Ulysses Gomez.
    Sooooo stupid that they cut Fitch.
    sigpic

Comment

Jon Fitch
      Wagner Prado
      Mike Russow
      Jacob Volkmann
      Vladimir Matyushenko
      Che Mills
      Jay Hieron
      Terry Etim
      Paul Sass
      Jorge Santiago
      Mike Stumpf
      Simeon Thoresen
      C.J. Keith
      Motonobu Tezuka
      Josh Grispi
      Ulysses Gomez.
      Sooooo stupid that they cut Fitch.
      sigpic

Comment

Jon Fitch
        Wagner Prado
        Mike Russow
        Jacob Volkmann
        Vladimir Matyushenko
        Che Mills
        Jay Hieron
        Terry Etim
        Paul Sass
        Jorge Santiago
        Mike Stumpf
        Simeon Thoresen
        C.J. Keith
        Motonobu Tezuka
        Josh Grispi
        Ulysses Gomez.
        Gotta make room for the ultra talented women lol jk

I wasn't surprised they cut Fitch , The UFC and Fitch never looked eye to eye and Fitch probably isn't worth the money they were paying him. Most of those guys on that list were bound to get cut anyway. Should of kept Mike Russow and Che Mills.
        Now go get your shine box

Comment

• How dare they cut Mike The Hammerfist of Doom Russow....

They must have thought he was too violent for the sport or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
            How dare they cut Mike The Hammerfist of Doom Russow....

They must have thought he was too violent for the sport or something.
            Not a surprise to me. He collapse vs Shawn Jordan made him expendable.

I thought Liz could have beaten Ronda. I still think she can, but she like others have fallen victim to Ronda's arm bar. I think Ronda will have a hard time if/when she faces someone with either good takedown defense or submission defense or even both. It's unknown if she can trade blows, or how she does on the receiving end of a submission.

With that said the next women's match has already been announced, it's pretty much the number 1 contender match. Miesha Tate will fight Cat Zingano.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Not a surprise to me. He collapse vs Shawn Jordan made him expendable.

I thought Liz could have beaten Ronda. I still think she can, but she like others have fallen victim to Ronda's arm bar. I think Ronda will have a hard time if/when she faces someone with either good takedown defense or submission defense or even both. It's unknown if she can trade blows, or how she does on the receiving end of a submission.

With that said the next women's match has already been announced, it's pretty much the number 1 contender match. Miesha Tate will fight Cat Zingano.
              I think she's proven she can take hits from the Tate fight and she was literally just on the receiving end of standing rear naked choke/neck crank so I think she's proven herself. The only question is whether she can survive a Cyborg punch.

The thing about Ronda is that she has yet to face a person with as elite of a ground/clinch game as her and she probably won't for a very long time (esp with Wanderlei Cyborg Santos being too scurred to drop weight).

Plus the fact Ronda is improving every single fight. I doubt anyone will ever catch her in a rear naked choke like that ever again.

Comment

• With the exception of the neck crank, Liz got dominated.
                sigpic

Comment

• Liz biggest mistake was going for a submission. That submission lead to the fight going to the ground. You don't wanna be on the ground or clinch with a Judo fighter, especially someone who uses the armbar as much as Ronda. I think if Liz kept the fight standing and managed her range, it could have been a longer fighter. Maybe a different out come but who knows.

On to the next fight card, which is this Saturday on Fuel. Silva vs Stann, the fight will be in Japan. A place where Wandy is beyond legend.

Here are the fights that are on the card:
                  Wanderlei Silva vs Brian Stann
                  Mark Hunt vs Stefan Struve
                  Takanori Gomi vs Diego Sanchez
                  Yushin Okami vs Hector Lombard
                  Mizuto Hirota vs Rani Yahya
                  Dong Hyun Kim vs Siyar Bahadurzada
                  Riki ***uda vs Brad Tavares
                  Takeya Mizugaki vs Bryan Caraway
                  Cristiano Marcello vs Kazuki Tokudome
                  Alex Caceres vs Kyung Ho Kang
                  Marcelo Guimaraes vs Hyun Gyu Lim
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Well after two fights this card = lame. Can't stand dudes that just lay and pray and can't finish. BORING!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
                      Well after two fights this card = lame. Can't stand dudes that just lay and pray and can't finish. BORING!
                      Okay that Kim fight was great.... Kim was going HAM on him and it isn't Kim's fault his opponent sucked and couldn't do anything. Plus anyone that does donkey punches gets kudos in my book. It was nothing like a LnP fight like a Jon Fitch or Jake Shields fight.

That second fight was absolutely was disappointing because Hirota was a an idiot and played in Yaya's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                        Okay that Kim fight was great.... Kim was going HAM on him and it isn't Kim's fault his opponent sucked and couldn't do anything. Plus anyone that does donkey punches gets kudos in my book. It was nothing like a LnP fight like a Jon Fitch or Jake Shields fight.

That second fight was absolutely was disappointing because Hirota was a an idiot and played in Yaya's game.
                        I agree that Kim fight wasn't that bad. Just don't understand it when fighters KNOW the opponent is just going to try and take them down and that's it yet they continue to stand upright and not prepare for the sprawl....
                        sigpic

Comment

• Weird, another boring fight
                          sigpic

Comment

• Lombard is an idiot... Get the damn fight standing again!

Comment

• Lol I love mark hunt...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Mark Hunt to save the night lol.

I REALLY wish he didn't stay on the ground though because then he would've had that KO a lot sooner.

Oh well I still love the dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X