No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case you haven't heard. Dana White announced that the next season of Ultimate Fighter will have Ronda Rousey and the winner of the Miesha Tate vs Cat Zingano fight coaching both men and women bantamweights.

Didn't even watch the rest of the prelims after Daron disappointed. Will catch the rest when it re-airs on Fuel TV.
    Can some post updates of the main card? I didn't order the event.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      In case you haven't heard. Dana White announced that the next season of Ultimate Fighter will have Ronda Rousey and the winner of the Miesha Tate vs Cat Zingano fight coaching both men and women bantamweights.

Didn't even watch the rest of the prelims after Daron disappointed. Will catch the rest when it re-airs on Fuel TV.
      Can some post updates of the main card? I didn't order the event.
      Ricci was impressive , Camozi got lucky, Ellenberger was nasty, Hendricks was beastly , GSP yawn.
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
        Anderson would probably easily counter punch Kimbo into oblivion or just submit him easily.

Unless Tyson landed a clean shot Anderson would probably manage to take Tyson down and there would be no hope for Tyson at that point.

Same thing with Randy he would just take Tyson down and submit him like he did James Toney.
        No rules? I'd take care of Silva. 9MM to the dome fool. lol. Crowbar trumps Cotour take down. That's how you fight without rules. It's called "weapon of opportunity". Just sayin.

In a cage fight? Honestly, I'd have a hard time believing that any boxer would beat a guy like Cotour (primarily because of how big he is). People who tell you that weight doesn't matter are idiots. Silva against Tyson in a cage fight? Tyson is way bigger. We had a guy up here in OH kill a much bigger dude in a fight. He choked him out with a blood choke, but he didn't let go until it was too late. The problem was that the big guy was completely wasted. Tyson was a hardened criminal when he was young. A sober Tyson would flat out kill a lot of guys. Silva is one of the few MMA fighters I'll watch though. He's unreal.:thumb:

Comment

• GSP is boring. Without his wrestling he is nothing, which is why scoring rules need to be changed. I really feel like Hendricks or Ellenberger will KO GSP. I'm just not impressed.
          sigpic

Comment

• Nick Diaz said if he doesn't get a rematch, he'll retire. All he did during his Fuel TV interview was make excuses, just admit you couldn't handle GSP and that you was dominated. Yeah it was a boring fight, but GSP had 100+ sig strikes to DIaz 45(total 80 strikes)

GSP had 9 takedowns, Diaz had 0 and 0 takedown defense.

This is why I don't like the Diaz brothers. They do so much talking, then go out in lose.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
              GSP is boring. Without his wrestling he is nothing, which is why scoring rules need to be changed. I really feel like Hendricks or Ellenberger will KO GSP. I'm just not impressed.
              GSP plays it safe, he goes in knowing the smart thing to do would be to work your advantage. It may not appear good to fans, it might annoy your opponent but you're going in to win.

I think Hendricks has all the tools he needs to knock out GSP. I think Ellenberger would end up like everyone else....defeated.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

GSP plays it safe, he goes in knowing the smart thing to do would be to work your advantage. It may not appear good to fans, it might annoy your opponent but you're going in to win.

I think Hendricks has all the tools he needs to knock out GSP. I think Ellenberger would end up like everyone else....defeated.
                true i agree GSP is a SMART fighter it might not the most entertaining but he grinds out points and hits you with that nasty left jab but seeing how aggressive hendricks is i think he could KO gsp if he gets the chance

Comment

He takes advantage of a flawed scoring system thats geared towards wrestling. Diaz exposed him last night, Georges has no boxing at all, all he has is the jab and the superman punch. He honestly didn't do anything significant to Diaz, however Diaz definitely had Georges hurt at one time.

He would die against Anderson. Ellenberger will KO him because he can't take a punch. Hendricks probably would also.

I would LOVE to see him try what he did last night against Maia.
                  Last edited by The Experience; 03-17-2013, 09:56 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

GSP is boring. Without his wrestling he is nothing, which is why scoring rules need to be changed. I really feel like Hendricks or Ellenberger will KO GSP. I'm just not impressed.
                    Time to pay up.

I agree with you though GSP is boring. I say this being fan of his 7 straight unanimous decision wins. I mean come on man, can you at least get win by TKO or sub once in a while...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                      Time to pay up.

I agree with you though GSP is boring. I say this being fan of his 7 straight unanimous decision wins. I mean come on man, can you at least get win by TKO or sub once in a while...
                      Yeah, I gotta spread some rep first but I'll hit you up once I can.
                      sigpic

Comment

He takes advantage of a flawed scoring system thats geared towards wrestling. Diaz exposed him last night, Georges has no boxing at all, all he has is the jab and the superman punch. He honestly didn't do anything significant to Diaz, however Diaz definitely had Georges hurt at one time.

He would die against Anderson. Ellenberger will KO him because he can't take a punch. Hendricks probably would also.

I think one of the GOAT of the sports deserves more respect then that...
                        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                          The only thing that makes him great is strength and wrestling. The WW division has been poor for a while. There were always great Wrestlers like Fitch, Hughes and Koscheck but GSP was a better wrestler. There have been not many good boxers in the WW division (Serra had good power, BJ was not nearly as good at WW as he was LW) except Nick. All it's gonna take to beat GSP is a dude with good TDD and good boxing. The tide is changing, Hendricks, Ellenberger and Maia will pose a huge problem to GSP. Hendricks with his power, Ellenberger with his boxing and relentless attack, and Maia with his world class Jiu-Jitsu.

I can totally see why GSP won't fight Silva, because Silva would wreck him in the 1st round.

I respect GSP because he is a great fighter, but he is massively overrated because without his wrestling he doesn't have much.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                            He deserves way way more respect than that.

Originally posted by The Experience View Post

The thought that Ellenberger would KO GSP is comical. Ellenberger is no different than the men GSP has already beaten. Ellenberger has better hands to Nick, but Nick is a better boxer. Again GSP is smart, a very smart fighter. He knows who he can and can't beat. That's why he wont take a fight vs Silva, that's why he keeps making excuses when people ask him about it. Dana wants the fight, Anderson wants the fight. GSP fears the Spider.

Diaz hurt him with a body shot that GSP quickly recovered from.

Hendricks is the only person in that weight class that has all the tools to shut down GSP. He just has to use them and don't make mistakes.

If GSP fought Maia he'd force him to stand with him. GSP has a striking game, he just doesn't use it. Why can't what people can't counter? So he does the same thing every fight without changing anything up. But he does indeed have the ability to stand up. Not with the best of them, but with the middle of the pack. This goes back to him being smart, if he fought Maia he'd be smart enough to not battle on the ground.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The only thing that makes him great is strength and wrestling. The WW division has been poor for a while. There were always great Wrestlers like Fitch, Hughes and Koscheck but GSP was a better wrestler. There have been not many good boxers in the WW division (Serra had good power, BJ was not nearly as good at WW as he was LW) except Nick. All it's gonna take to beat GSP is a dude with good TDD and good boxing. The tide is changing, Hendricks, Ellenberger and Maia will pose a huge problem to GSP. Hendricks with his power, Ellenberger with his boxing and relentless attack, and Maia with his world class Jiu-Jitsu.

I can totally see why GSP won't fight Silva, because Silva would wreck him in the 1st round.

I respect GSP because he is a great fighter, but he is massively overrated because without his wrestling he doesn't have much.
                              As much as I hate to say it, I agree 100% with your post in bold.
                              sigpic

Comment

He deserves way way more respect than that.

The thought that Ellenberger would KO GSP is comical. Ellenberger is no different than the men GSP has already beaten. Ellenberger has better hands to Nick, but Nick is a better boxer. Again GSP is smart, a very smart fighter. He knows who he can and can't beat. That's why he wont take a fight vs Silva, that's why he keeps making excuses when people ask him about it. Dana wants the fight, Anderson wants the fight. GSP fears the Spider.

Diaz hurt him with a body shot that GSP quickly recovered from.

Hendricks is the only person in that weight class that has all the tools to shut down GSP. He just has to use them and don't make mistakes.

If GSP fought Maia he'd force him to stand with him. GSP has a striking game, he just doesn't use it. Why can't what people can't counter? So he does the same thing every fight without changing anything up. But he does indeed have the ability to stand up. Not with the best of them, but with the middle of the pack. This goes back to him being smart, if he fought Maia he'd be smart enough to not battle on the ground.
                                Ellenberger can KO GSP, GSP has a very suspect chin.

Look what Jake did to Nate last night, and Nate has a very good chin. That is all it will take, a blitzkrieg of punches and GSP is out easily.

All I'm saying is, if a fighter can neutralize Georges wrestling, he becomes an average fighter at best. You definitely have to credit Georges for not allowing anyone to do so yet, but I am not sure he has fought anybody who has the ability.

The thing with Maia is that everyone talks about his Jiu-Jitsu (justifiably so, he is elite of the elite) but he is so well rounded. His striking has improved a ton and he is a fantastic wrestler. So I think Georges is smart enough to not take him down, but Maia has all the ability to get Georges down.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X