No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed the fights, but saw results. The Rousey v Tate fight was the one I was look forward to. How was the fight?
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• i don't usually post in this thread even though i am a fan of MMA but man, that leg break was nasty!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
        I missed the fights, but saw results. The Rousey v Tate fight was the one I was look forward to. How was the fight?
        It was very entertaining. Miesha actually had a legit chance but she has to be one of the dumbest fighters I have ever seen. She was winning the standup exchanges and turning it into a brawl, but she kept initiating the clinch and she got thrown all over the place.

Ronda is just much better.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
          It was very entertaining. Miesha actually had a legit chance but she has to be one of the dumbest fighters I have ever seen. She was winning the standup exchanges and turning it into a brawl, but she kept initiating the clinch and she got thrown all over the place.

She did the same vs Cat(Tate).
          She was doing alright stand up then keep trying to take Cat done. Ended up with Cat raining elbows and bloodying up Tate.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
            I missed the fights, but saw results. The Rousey v Tate fight was the one I was look forward to. How was the fight?
            Tate looked like the real deal for awhile, her effort was unreal. Rousey has a dominant ground game and her submission skills are legit. Tate needs to improve her striking skills (swings wide) and increase upper body strength. I became a huge fan of Tate's after seeing pre and post game interviews with both. Rousey is a head case.

Rousey will now fight McCann who is also a judo medalist at the Olympics. This could be interesting as they are both undefeated. The fight I really want to see is Holly (New Mexico) Holm, this girl can punch! If she can stay upright and catch Rousey coming in, the lights go out in Georgia.
            [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
              Tate looked like the real deal for awhile, her effort was unreal. Rousey has a dominant ground game and her submission skills are legit. Tate needs to improve her striking skills (swings wide) and increase upper body strength. I became a huge fan of Tate's after seeing pre and post game interviews with both. Rousey is a head case.

Rousey will now fight McCann who is also a judo medalist at the Olympics. This could be interesting as they are both undefeated. The fight I really want to see is Holly (New Mexico) Holm, this girl can punch! If she can stay upright and catch Rousey coming in, the lights go out in Georgia.
              Eh, wonder how long Cat is gonna be out. She should get the next shot and I think he has all the tools to beat Rousey.

After seeing Rousey fight in the UFC I've notice that she lost the stand up fight with everyone but dominated the clinch and ground game.

Cat has good ground and pound but I don't know enough about her to comment on her submission defense and clinch game.

Also think Amanda Nunes could pose a threat to Rousey as well as TUF winner Julianna Pena...in the future of course. Doesn't have the experience right now but potentially? Pena could be a beast.

Like Chael said, Pena could be the first complete Women's MMA fighter to enter either Strikeforce or UFC.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Last night was bad...

I hope Anderson recovers fully.
                Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Poll updated.

Those fights?? Watching Uriah cave Chris' face in?!?! Wow!

Tate came out lookin very good and like she could do it, until she got close to Rhonda. Then Rhonda showed why she is wearing that belt. Just... she is a bad bad woman!!

And Anderson? Yes, Chris had that first round. And it wasn't close. But he didn't win the fight. It wasn't over. A damn shame and sad for Anderson to go down and out like that. My opinion is he is indeed done now. That's a hard one to come back from for any man, let alone a man who is pushing his 40's and has nothing to prove. I can only wish his a speedy recovery. That division is now wide open. I don't see that dominant fighter in that group like Anderson is/was. Great fighters.. but not that one guy. Which might make it fun to see that belt move around a bit now.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                    Poll updated.

Those fights?? Watching Uriah cave Chris' face in?!?! Wow!

Tate came out lookin very good and like she could do it, until she got close to Rhonda. Then Rhonda showed why she is wearing that belt. Just... she is a bad bad woman!!

And Anderson? Yes, Chris had that first round. And it wasn't close. But he didn't win the fight. It wasn't over. A damn shame and sad for Anderson to go down and out like that. My opinion is he is indeed done now. That's a hard one to come back from for any man, let alone a man who is pushing his 40's and has nothing to prove. I can only wish his a speedy recovery. That division is now wide open. I don't see that dominant fighter in that group like Anderson is/was. Great fighters.. but not that one guy. Which might make it fun to see that belt move around a bit now.
                    I think Jacare evntually will win the belt. He is the most well rounded fighter at 185.
                    sigpic

Comment

• From what I can find, it sounds like Anderson's surgery went well and he's been asking since pre-op when he can get back to training. Sounds like Anderson may have differnet plans then just riding off into the sunset.

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/surgeon...he-can-return/

If he can do it, I say "come back, big fella!!"

Comment

• I think it's one of those injuries that look worst than it actually is. Remember Kevin Ware earlier this year for Louisville?
                        Everyone was sure he'd never play basketball again, but he still plays. Bone injuries always look really bad but bones do usually heal very well.

Anderson will be back and I put an asterisk on that last fight because it should've been a no contest. Dana knows that because would never say it because in reality he is tired of Silva and has been vocal about how much Silva's in cage antics piss him off.

As for the Barao fight, I really just don't see how Cruz can beat Renan unless he catch him. Barao is just better than him in every aspect of MMA. And I hate the promo trying to seal Cruz streak. Guy hasn't had a fight in what 2 years? How many wins does Barao have in that time span? 5?

It debatable that Renan should actually be undefeated in his career. That split decision could've went either way.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post

Seriously, I don't know much about stand up fighting. I do know about grappling and it was painful to watch the positions she put herself in. I don't know why she was trying to out clinch or takedown Ronda. After the first failed attempt she should've learned her lesson. I thought the standup was pretty even, they both traded shots.

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                          I think it's one of those injuries that look worst than it actually is. Remember Kevin Ware earlier this year for Louisville?
                          Everyone was sure he'd never play basketball again, but he still plays. Bone injuries always look really bad but bones do usually heal very well.

Anderson will be back and I put an asterisk on that last fight because it should've been a no contest. Dana knows that because would never say it because in reality he is tired of Silva and has been vocal about how much Silva's in cage antics piss him off.
                          That's what I said, everyone was like ohh he's done for. I said has long as there's no tendon or ligament damage it should be a simple recovery and the bone should get stronger afterwards. I still called for Silva to retire, I don't want to see him lose anymore. Whether it's by freak injury or age finally catches up to him.

I disagree it should've been a no contest. Silva has won before by TKO injury in the Patrick Cote fight. I don't know many others, but Korean Zombie dislocated his shoulder before Aldo TKO'd him. It's apart of the fight game, yeah it sucks the fight ended that way. The fight was just starting to get interesting then Silva's unfortunate leg break happened.

Comment

• Cruz injured groin, will not fight Barao. Faber will step in.

Dana said Anderson will start training in 6 months, didn't say if he'd have to move up the ladder or get a rubber match vs Chris.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Poll reupdated!!!!

Comment

• Looks like Leben is retireing. Wasn't a huge fan of him, but dude had heart and put on a fight every time he was out there.

Good luck in all you do with the rest of your life, Chris!!

Comment

Working...
                                X