Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't mind trash talk. It's the WWE antics I don't like. Cheapens the sport to me. Yeah... I'll put WWE on and watch it from time to time.. then I'll /facepalm and realize why I'm not watching it every chance I get all the time. I really don't want MMA/UFC to go that way for me.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


    Comment


    • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Name a black athlete that hasn't used the N word. You bring up Frazier whom is someone Ali genuinely didn't like. I wasn't around when Ali was in his prime. If i was I likely wouldn't have cheered for him.

      Conor's trash talk isn't mental its ignorant banter that makes him look like a fool. Just like how Philip Rivers trash talks makes him look like a fool.
      The N word is a word considered racist no matter what race you are. Ali used it as a put down to other black athletes because he saw them as slaves, sorry but there is no difference in his antics and the one's used by fighters today.

      From what you have said about Conor, I agree you probably wouldn't have liked Ali in the 70's because he was very outspoken from everybody else in that time.
      What are your thoughts on Cub Swanson and Clay Guida calling Conor a ignorant potato picker? If that term for different produce was used for Cain or other Hispanic fighters it would be considered racist.
      Or how bout Urijah calling all Irish people red headed, freckled ugly people? Use those descriptions for other races of fighters and we would have a problem.
      Im not saying two wrongs make a right, I just don't get why the things Conor says stand out above the rest. Out of everyone talking he is the only one backing up what he says. Lamas made a video and then couldn't last a round with Mendes. Cub ran his mouth and got choked out by Max Holloway. Holloway and Mendes two fighter that Conor beat already.
      Ill stop beating the dead horse now, I appreciate your feedback and I hope we get to see the Aldo vs McGregor fight soon, if McGregor doesn't win i'll be bummed, but i'll be happy for a fellow Bronco fan who will get his wish : )
      Last edited by 58Miller; 07-23-2015, 01:31 PM.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        The N word is a word considered racist no matter what race you are. Ali used it as a put down to other black athletes because he saw them as slaves, sorry but there is no difference in his antics and the one's used by fighters today.

        From what you have said about Conor, I agree you probably wouldn't have liked Ali in the 70's because he was very outspoken from everybody else in that time.
        What are your thoughts on Cub Swanson and Clay Guida calling Conor a ignorant potato picker? If that term for different produce was used for Cain or other Hispanic fighters it would be considered racist.
        Or how bout Urijah calling all Irish people red headed, freckled ugly people? Use those descriptions for other races of fighters and we would have a problem.
        Im not saying two wrongs make a right, I just don't get why the things Conor says stand out above the rest. Out of everyone talking he is the only one backing up what he says. Lamas made a video and then couldn't last a round with Mendes. Cub ran his mouth and got choked out by Max Holloway. Holloway and Mendes two fighter that Conor beat already.
        Ill stop beating the dead horse now, I appreciate your feedback and I hope we get to see the Aldo vs McGregor fight soon, if McGregor doesn't win i'll be bummed, but i'll be happy for a fellow Bronco fan who will get his wish : )
        Again name a black athlete that hasn't used the N word. Usually when one uses it in sports its to put down the player he is talking. Cub, Clay, and Uriah are all idiots. Especially Cub since he claims to no longer be the immature fighter he once was. But he got drunk hanging with Ryan Russlio and ended up having a minor twitter argument over it. Uriah has no place to talk as he's the biggest bust in UFC history. Only reason he still has a job is because wanna keep giving him chances, so uncle Dana doesn't look stupid for calling Uriah a future contender.
        Frankly I think their beef with Conor is probably more a beef with his success, not the person. In which the term haters can be used. As they are simply hating him because he wins.

        When it comes to the racial comments they made, its goes back to what is very well known in this country. There is a double standard when it comes to racism. But this isn't the thread for that conversation.

        As i said, my beef with Conor's smack is that it goes beyond simple trash talk. There is antics with it. Its ignorant, childish, and immature. The shouting in peoples face. Those other fighters dont get a pass.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

        Comment


        • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Again name a black athlete that hasn't used the N word. Usually when one uses it in sports its to put down the player he is talking. Cub, Clay, and Uriah are all idiots. Especially Cub since he claims to no longer be the immature fighter he once was. But he got drunk hanging with Ryan Russlio and ended up having a minor twitter argument over it. Uriah has no place to talk as he's the biggest bust in UFC history. Only reason he still has a job is because wanna keep giving him chances, so uncle Dana doesn't look stupid for calling Uriah a future contender.
          Frankly I think their beef with Conor is probably more a beef with his success, not the person. In which the term haters can be used. As they are simply hating him because he wins.

          When it comes to the racial comments they made, its goes back to what is very well known in this country. There is a double standard when it comes to racism. But this isn't the thread for that conversation.

          As i said, my beef with Conor's smack is that it goes beyond simple trash talk. There is antics with it. Its ignorant, childish, and immature. The shouting in peoples face. Those other fighters dont get a pass.
          I honestly don't know what every black athlete ever called another black athlete, but I don't remember Terrell Davis, Tom Jackson, DT, Chris Harris, Ryan Clady, Jackie Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Champ Bailey, Tim Duncan, Michael Jordan ,Lebron, Kobe, Latroy Hawkins, Tiger Woods, Steve Atwater, Hank Aaron, or Arthur Ash ever being quoted using the N word to describe a fellow black athlete. And I can name many more that are not documented. Obviously you don't feel Muhammed Ali's comments are racist and that's fine but I see a double standard and at the time in the 70's I think he was very outspoken but he said what he wanted and didn't care if he was hated or not.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            I honestly don't know what every black athlete ever called another black athlete, but I don't remember Terrell Davis, Tom Jackson, DT, Chris Harris, Ryan Clady, Jackie Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Champ Bailey, Tim Duncan, Michael Jordan ,Lebron, Kobe, Latroy Hawkins, Tiger Woods, Steve Atwater, Hank Aaron, or Arthur Ash ever being quoted using the N word to describe a fellow black athlete. And I can name many more that are not documented. Obviously you don't feel Muhammed Ali's comments are racist and that's fine but I see a double standard and at the time in the 70's I think he was very outspoken but he said what he wanted and didn't care if he was hated or not.
            That's thing you don't have another on them saying it because they're smart enough to not say it on camera. But i bet all of them uses or used it in there daily life.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              That's thing you don't have another on them saying it because they're smart enough to not say it on camera. But i bet all of them uses or used it in there daily life.
              Or they just don't use it because each person is a different individual and not a stereotype.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                Or they just don't use it because each person is a different individual and not a stereotype.
                Wanna bet? Guarantee you everyone you named said it more than once in their lifetime. The word is thrown around more in black culture, than a football during the draft combine.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

                Comment


                • Aaaaaaannnd... to ge tback on topic... I'm ki nda excited to see Dilishaw and Barao this weekend.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    Wanna bet? Guarantee you everyone you named said it more than once in their lifetime. The word is thrown around more in black culture, than a football during the draft combine.
                    Believe what you want. Save your bets for something that can actually be proved, I thought you were against people talking trash and here you are speaking for every black athlete who has ever lived! And unlike Conor you can't even back it up.
                    .......back on topic Ebs, I hope Dillan haw beats Barao!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Believe what you want. Save your bets for something that can actually be proved, I thought you were against people talking trash and here you are speaking for every black athlete who has ever lived! And unlike Conor you can't even back it up.
                      .......back on topic Ebs, I hope Dillan haw beats Barao!
                      How about you prove it and back it up. You saying those athletes never said is the same as me saying they did. And as I said I'd wager I'm more right than you are. And I don't see how me saying black athletes use a word has anything to do with my opinion on talking trash. And as I said there is a difference between talking trash and being an immature donkey like Conor.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        Aaaaaaannnd... to ge tback on topic... I'm ki nda excited to see Dilishaw and Barao this weekend.
                        It'll be interesting. Dillashaw is just another one of those Alpha Male guys that for some people is hard to figure out. Duane Ludwig did a good job with T.J and differently agree with his comment that T.J is/was the only member of Alpha Male that wanted to be champion.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                          How about you prove it and back it up. You saying those athletes never said is the same as me saying they did. And as I said I'd wager I'm more right than you are. And I don't see how me saying black athletes use a word has anything to do with my opinion on talking trash. And as I said there is a difference between talking trash and being an immature donkey like Conor.
                          Spin it!.... You spun the Muhammad Ali comments when I brought up that he used what are considered racist remarks (look up the origin of the word, using it in a different way doesn't change what it is), then you make up some fantasy bet that you cant back up, I have never claimed what anyone has said or not said, I know what Ali said because I shared the quotes with you, Unless you wanna share quotes from every black athlete ever than squash it, you think I'm wrong good for you, I cant speak for an entire race of people.

                          According to you every black person uses the N word, how bout the rest of Ali's quotes are they all normal to?

                          Muhammad Ali on integration:


                          "We who follow the teachings of Elijah Muhammad (leader of the Nation of Islam) don't want to be forced to integrate. Integration is wrong. We don't want to live with the white man"



                          Muhammad Ali on intermarriage:


                          "No intelligent black man or black woman in his or her right black mind wants white boys and white girls coming to their homes to marry their black sons and daughters."



                          Muhammad Ali on the need for a separate black homeland:


                          "You got the white racists who believe in separation such as I believe: One day the black people of America must go to self, clean up self, help self, do for self. I recognize [the white racists]."

                          "Black and white are disagreeable in peace, they can't get along together… Worked 400 years, 16 hours a day from sun up to sun down, without a payday, that we should now be repaid. Don't give us nuttn and give us or repay us: You got 50 states and we make up 10% of the population then divide up 10% of the land… Now that we're no longer slaves and we can't get along just let me go and live by myself."




                          Muhammad Ali on brotherhood:


                          "We're not all brothers. You can say we're brothers, but we're not."



                          Muhammad Ali on Al-Qaeda:


                          "I've opened up businesses across the country, selling products and I don't want to say… the wrong thing and hurt my business"



                          Muhammad Ali on homosexuality:


                          "All Jews and gentiles are devils… Blacks are no devils… Everything black people doing wrong comes from [the white people]: Drinking, smoking, prostitution, homosexuality, stealing, gambling: It all comes from [the white people]"



                          Muhammad Ali on killing blacks for having relationships with whites:


                          In an interview with Playboy Ali said "A black man should be killed if he's messing with a white woman." When the interviewer asked about black women crossing the colour barrier, Ali responded: "Then she dies. Kill her, too."
                          The Playboy journalist, who interviewed the boxer, was closer to the mark when he observed of his subject: "You're beginning to sound like a carbon copy of a white racist."

                          (Wikipedia) Ali Quotes



                          Martin Luther on Muhammad Ali:


                          "When Cassius Clay joined the Black Muslims he became a champion of the racial segregation and that is what we are fighting against."

                          Martin Luther King
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            Spin it!.... You spun the Muhammad Ali comments when I brought up that he used what are considered racist remarks (look up the origin of the word, using it in a different way doesn't change what it is), then you make up some fantasy bet that you cant back up, I have never claimed what anyone has said or not said, I know what Ali said because I shared the quotes with you, Unless you wanna share quotes from every black athlete ever than squash it, you think I'm wrong good for you, I cant speak for an entire race of people.

                            According to you every black person uses the N word, how bout the rest of Ali's quotes are they all normal to?
                            But you named a number of athletes that you said you never heard use the world. That insinuates saying you know for a fact that those players didn't say it, and all I said was I bet they've used at some point of their life. I don't need to look up the origin of a word about my own race. I assure I know a lot about the word. And I already said I wouldn't have supported Ali, or did you forget that part?
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              But you named a number of athletes that you said you never heard use the world. That insinuates saying you know for a fact that those players didn't say it, and all I said was I bet they've used at some point of their life. I don't need to look up the origin of a word about my own race. I assure I know a lot about the word. And I already said I wouldn't have supported Ali, or did you forget that part?
                              You originally asked name a player that hasn't used the word, I only know what I know and I named athletes I have never heard quoting the word.
                              I remember you saying that but then you back pedaled by adding that every player of that race uses the word, which I assume you meant to make it not a big deal. I honestly don't care what Ali said, his religious, political, or racial views the guy is hands down the greatest boxer of alltime and I think he stood up at the time because of what he saw around him. Conor isn't the same as Ali in every aspect but the Irish people were slaves of the English and still have many conflicts to this day, and he is a guy who has pride for himself and country just like Ali had pride for himself and what his people were going through I respect both and cant judge men that have come from places I have never walked.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Insane Blaze watch this video and tell what makes you hate this guy.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X